RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Its been 3 weeks since looking for an RX 350 w/ low mileage! Need advice/insight! TX

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-12, 03:04 PM
StLucchese
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its been 3 weeks since looking for an RX 350 w/ low mileage! Need advice/insight! TX

Greetings fellow owners, Im new to the site, just need some insight. I've been on a quest to find
a used RX 350 w/ low mileage. I've went to quite a few dealerships, and already 2 that i am interested has been sold. Very frustrating, I've been very patient

In the next hour, i will test driving an 07 CPO with 50,XXX miles. Its immaculate, but im going to give it a shot! Asking price is 25K! Im looking forward in the next couple of days to make the purchase. It has been maintain, but 2 reported problems about the belt, but it wasnt specific. How should i go about in bargining?Im trading in and most likely getting 1K for it. Please let me know asap.

I've havent been on a car forum since honda-tech.com. I see the content here for the past week and it looks good. Anybody from Texas? Close to Houston? Look forward to converse with everybody in the future. Regards
Old 06-25-12, 04:31 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/used/le...ce&sf2Dir=DESC
Old 06-25-12, 08:27 PM
StLucchese
Rookie

so I just came from the Lexus dealership with my fiance, and she thinks no navgi, no tow and all they can do is 24K. Now its... CPO and guess what my fiance found that I couldn't see while under
sun at 104 heat index. There was a 4.5 inch dent below the tail-light which they hammered out. Its obvious when my fiance pointed it out and they didn't do a good job. The salesman says that these 6 year cars have this all the time. Note he didn't disclose that to me, not happy. So he quotes 24K and I ask him if that's all he can do, he said that's it and we walked away. What do you think?
Old 06-25-12, 08:31 PM
StLucchese
Rookie

thanks! Note that the lexus's from Texas direct have problems. I test drove the 07 and 08's and it had big problems. Told the sales person and he brushed them off. Never going there, good wholesale price, but there's headaches
Old 06-25-12, 08:42 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

There are plenty 2007 and 2008 low mileage RX out there in excellent condition. Just keep your eyes open and do not get in a rush to take something you would regret later. Do your research. Plenty of threads here you can look at about what to look for in a used vehicle, etc. One just needs to search.

If that was truly a Lexus CPO, and not a dealer CPO, with a dent in it the dealer should be taken to task. Perhaps it is just a problem in the Houston area as there are good reports on Sewell in Dallas and other locations in TX.
Old 06-25-12, 09:02 PM
StLucchese
Rookie

it is a Lexus CPO. You think I should talk directly to the manager and just straight talk with. Nag him? Dunno
Old 06-25-12, 09:10 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by StLucchese
it is a Lexus CPO. You think I should talk directly to the manager and just straight talk with. Nag him? Dunno
A Lexus CPO should not be in that condition, IMO. Something I might contact corporate about. Would personally not be dealing with that dealership.
Old 06-26-12, 07:12 AM
Jumper73
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be ready to get repetitive sales calls from that dealership.

It's good that you walked away, I would look elsewhere. Not sure how many dealers are out in TX, but I would stretch my search area if you were looking for that "just right" RX.

Believe me, I know because it took me a long time to find mine.

GL with your search, your perfect RX is out there.
Old 06-26-12, 07:15 AM
Jumper73
Rookie

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
A Lexus CPO should not be in that condition, IMO. Something I might contact corporate about. Would personally not be dealing with that dealership.
Agreed 100%, CPO vehicle should be flawless. I've had mine detailed twice (long story) and when I picked it up, it was flawless in every way.

You COULD deal with this dealer and set them straight, but I would advise just staying away like I posted above.
Old 06-26-12, 08:03 AM
takeshi74
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumper73
It's good that you walked away, I would look elsewhere. Not sure how many dealers are out in TX, but I would stretch my search area if you were looking for that "just right" RX.
There are 4 in the Houston area (all owned by 2 companies). Which one was this?

Originally Posted by StLucchese
I've went to quite a few dealerships, and already 2 that i am interested has been sold. Very frustrating, I've been very patient
There's a fine line you have to walk between being patient and going for what you're interested in -- particularly if what you want is in demand. Be careful and don't settle for stuff like the body damage.
Old 06-26-12, 10:32 AM
StLucchese
Rookie

thank you with all the replies and encouragement! I really appreciate it! I called Lexus corporate this morning and spoke with a rep over the phone explaining what happen. She sounded sincere and apologize. I called moments ago to follow-up my call this morning and says I need to give my phone number for my Lexus account. I told her I do not have one yet, but do you have my concern/complaint logged.

she said no she doesn't have it logged. So, I'm thinking there is no proof that I called this morning b/c I'm not an Lexus owner...yet. I guess you have to buy before you can complain. So I guess there going to get away with this one, can't even tell corporate, not sure if they're going to listen.

takeshi- Sterling McCall Lexus is the dealership

question- if I find the rx350 at a dealership that is not Lexus, which and what kind of warrantys are avail. What do you recommend? Let e know and thank you all kindly

Last edited by StLucchese; 06-26-12 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-27-12, 06:44 AM
neilaz
Driver School Candidate

A 5+ year old car that is a CPO does not have to be perfect. Cosmetic flaws are unavoidable. When we were looking for a CPO RX350 and pointed out little things here and there the answer was always it is cosmetic and allowable under the rules of it being a CPO car. Had three diff dealers say the same thing. And these were 1 year old cars.
Old 06-27-12, 08:23 AM
Jumper73
Rookie

^Sorry to hear that. Not trying to argue but I would imagine it all depends on dealer.

May be it was that I purchased in competitive area (3 lexus dealers within 50 miles), but my dealer did a very solid job of buffing out small marks I pointed out. Like I've said, I had my car detailed twice and it was really no questions asked. Great service all around. For anyone interested, it's Lawrenceville Lexus in NJ. There are 2 other dealers near by (Edison and Ray Catena), I hear Ray Catena is one of biggest in the state.
Old 06-27-12, 11:11 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jumper73
^Sorry to hear that. Not trying to argue but I would imagine it all depends on dealer.

May be it was that I purchased in competitive area (3 lexus dealers within 50 miles), but my dealer did a very solid job of buffing out small marks I pointed out. Like I've said, I had my car detailed twice and it was really no questions asked. Great service all around. For anyone interested, it's Lawrenceville Lexus in NJ. There are 2 other dealers near by (Edison and Ray Catena), I hear Ray Catena is one of biggest in the state.
You do mean Lawrence Lexus, correct? And yes, I would assume they would move a great deal of Lexus in that area, especially RX to all the prep moms.
Old 06-27-12, 04:49 PM
lexusfan05
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can, wait for fall. Summer is a bad time to get any good deal on RX, I had the same experience last year.
As for negotiating, it all depends on demand. Last winter, I negotiated an 2010 ES CPO for $3k under their asking price.

Quick Reply: Its been 3 weeks since looking for an RX 350 w/ low mileage! Need advice/insight! TX