RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

?? Eibach Springs ... who's got em??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-11, 06:15 PM
NYDesi80
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?? Eibach Springs ... who's got em??

Ok .. so need to replace my suspension on my 05 RX330 ... and while Im at it.. I wanna reduce the body roll and improve handling characteristics a bit. After thorough searching, I would love to get the TTE springs with stock shocks.. .but I just can't find the TTE springs anywhere ... maybe someone can point me there?

So my second option is going withe Eibach Springs. I'd like to get feedback from those of you who have this setup and what your thoughts are... should I couple them with factory shocks or KYB shocks? Most important to me is ride quality and handling. Don't care about the drop as I'm gong to be riding on stock wheel anyways.

Thanks
Old 11-14-11, 05:45 PM
NYDesi80
Rookie

Seriously no one?
Old 11-14-11, 06:15 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

If you search the forums here you will find several threads where individuals have made these mods on their RX. Perhaps you can PM those individually. Not everyone visits on a daily or even weekly basis.

If you search the Internet you quickly find TTE springs on sale on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TTE-LEXU...#ht_2081wt_158

Contact the vendor for more details as the text does not match up. Not a recommendation, just providing an example.
Old 11-14-11, 08:52 PM
NYDesi80
Rookie

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
If you search the forums here you will find several threads where individuals have made these mods on their RX. Perhaps you can PM those individually. Not everyone visits on a daily or even weekly basis.

If you search the Internet you quickly find TTE springs on sale on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TTE-LEXU...#ht_2081wt_158

Contact the vendor for more details as the text does not match up. Not a recommendation, just providing an example.

Thanks ... did all that you have mentioned earlier....before even posting. That eBay seller is confused because the part numbers for the GS300 and the RX330 are different and have already ruled that out. I'm looking more for a user experience from those that have the Eibachs. If I could get the TTE's I would just do that and be done with it....as its been proven.. but the Eibachs have such a mixed review basis on them.
Old 11-14-11, 09:22 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I researched springs for the 330 and I also found mixed reviews for the Eibachs. The H&R was more consistently well reviewed and if I could stand to giv up the ride on my car I would most likely go with the H&R. The drop was about the same but rode better than the Eibachs.
Old 11-15-11, 02:38 PM
NYDesi80
Rookie

Originally Posted by Carver
I researched springs for the 330 and I also found mixed reviews for the Eibachs. The H&R was more consistently well reviewed and if I could stand to giv up the ride on my car I would most likely go with the H&R. The drop was about the same but rode better than the Eibachs.
I read the opposite actually. I read that the H&R drop a little more ...not much ... than the Eibachs and the ride quality with the H&R is more harsh because its their sport springs meaning its a linear spring vs the Eibachs which are progressive. The progressive springs of the Eibachs are why I would think its more comfortable. But I did read a review where someone had the Eibachs and KYB shocks and said the ride quality was harsh but people suggest that the KYB shocks are not as good as OEM shocks.

Somewhere I read that the Eibach springs are the same as the TTE springs and just rebadged, but no proof to that and I don't even know how to find out.
Old 11-18-11, 10:45 AM
jconst6558
Driver School Candidate

I bought my TTEs from Sewell on a closeout. $95 plus $11 shipping. Amazing deal. The ride is barely stiffer and the handling is night and day improved. My wife loves the way the car handles now. I kept the stock shocks (struts) since they only had 50k on them. Can't comment on the Eibachs though. If you can find the TTE springs you won't go wrong. I've heard the Eibachs are the same but I have no way to verify that. Good luck.
Old 11-18-11, 10:48 AM
jconst6558
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NYDesi80
I read the opposite actually. I read that the H&R drop a little more ...not much ... than the Eibachs and the ride quality with the H&R is more harsh because its their sport springs meaning its a linear spring vs the Eibachs which are progressive. The progressive springs of the Eibachs are why I would think its more comfortable. But I did read a review where someone had the Eibachs and KYB shocks and said the ride quality was harsh but people suggest that the KYB shocks are not as good as OEM shocks.

Somewhere I read that the Eibach springs are the same as the TTE springs and just rebadged, but no proof to that and I don't even know how to find out.
My experience has been that KYB shocks are almost always harsh riding. If Bilstein would make struts for our cars, that would be the ticket for me.
Old 11-19-11, 07:16 AM
TimBlaes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jconst6558
My experience has been that KYB shocks are almost always harsh riding. If Bilstein would make struts for our cars, that would be the ticket for me.
+1 on the Bilsteins, I can't believe they don't have them for a Lexus, they seem to have all Toyotas listed, they're missing out on a large market. Maybe they're still doing R&D.
Old 11-20-11, 01:57 AM
NYDesi80
Rookie

Originally Posted by TimBlaes
+1 on the Bilsteins, I can't believe they don't have them for a Lexus, they seem to have all Toyotas listed, they're missing out on a large market. Maybe they're still doing R&D.
At this point.. highly doubt it they are R&D. So I'll eliminate the KYB's off my list in terms of ride quality. Holding out to see if somehow I can score some TTE springs and not have to do the Eibachs. Or I wish someone at Eibach would just come out and say that they are the same springs...
Old 01-04-12, 09:17 AM
bedgar
Driver School Candidate

I've had the Eibach springs on my RX400 for a year now, with original struts. The car is lowered as advertised and has much less body roll in cornering. The ride was too bouncy for me at first, suggesting the OEM shocks are not damping the Eibachs enough. This mellowed out after a few months, but the ride is still not as smooth as before. I wish I could buy some Bilsteins for this car! I think the KYBs may be the same as OEM. Certainly not better.