RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Anyone have info on the RX 330?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-02, 01:06 AM
gs4to4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have info on the RX 330?

Here's what I know, (it isn't much) please correct me if I'm wrong.
Should arrive in March 2003, 3.3 liter V-6 with about 260 horsepower. 5 speed automatic which will help the RX achieve better fuel economy despite the bigger engine and bigger size. Probobly will have a third seat option. It should have curtain airbags too.
You guys think it will revolutionize the market like the '99 did or will it just be similar to the current model but a little bigger and faster. And I hope it won't be ugly like the new ES.
There's a spy photo on Edmunds.com for those of you that haven't seen it yet.
Does anyone have any more info on this?
Thanks
Old 10-02-02, 04:38 AM
gs4to4
Lead Lap

Alright guys, found some more info, this is coming from ConsumerAutoguide.com, so it's more credible than the average rumor:

"Lexus will defend its crossover turf with a redesigned RX for 2004. This will be a platform cousin of the Toyota Highlander, and thus distantly related to the just-redesigned Toyota Camry/Lexus ES 300 sedans. However, the SUV is rumored to use a larger new 3.5-liter V6, so badges should read RX 350. The vehicle itself will be larger than RX 300 and even Highlander. Wheelbase reportedly lengthens by up to 6 inches over the current RX to around 109, which would be about 2 inches up on the Toyota and is enough to make room for standard three-row 7-passenger seating. Width allegedly swells 3 inches, again to match MDX. In another change, RX 350 will be built in Canada instead of Japan like RX 300. That's all we know now, but keep checking back for further info."
Old 10-02-02, 08:29 AM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gs4to4,

I posted that same article in April (See below). I wish Lexus
would release something to the press regarding the next gen RX.

Just enough to whet our appetites.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=Consumer
Old 10-02-02, 05:14 PM
GXS
Driver School Candidate

I don't think it will have a 3.5L V6 because the name RX 330 has been registered...
Old 10-03-02, 02:36 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

whatever it is the Nex Gen Rx shoudl have POWER!!! the new 4runner is gonna be getting lots of that also an we can keep up with just 220... MORE POWER!!!! haha
Old 10-04-02, 02:41 PM
LexusPia
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Our Lexus dealer has already been informed by Lexus that the new RX will be called the 330 with 240hp engine. In fact they have over 11 pre-orders already for this new RX which should be available next Spring. The dealer also mentioned that it'll be longer than the current RX to match the length of the Highlander. However, they said it won't have 3rd row seating. Our dealer is quite confident their RX information is accurate since it came from the Lexus sales office and matches what one of the guys (whitel?) on this board saw a few months ago.
Old 10-04-02, 03:12 PM
Justin_T.W.
Rookie

Hey guys, I am new to that Lexus forum, even though I have read your posts for about the last year. One questions doesn`t get out of my head. The person who posted the spy pic of the new RX330 posted only one picture. I cannot believe that this person took only one picture of the new RX. There should be at least a picture of the front. I would really appreciate it to see the other picture(s) - and I am sure you would too.
Old 10-04-02, 08:40 PM
gsenthil
Pole Position

Default ML350

The shape of things to come from the MB stable. The RX should have similar chnages

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/0...SE_Release.pdf
Old 10-05-02, 01:22 AM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Justin_T.W.
Hey guys, I am new to that Lexus forum, even though I have read your posts for about the last year. One questions doesn`t get out of my head. The person who posted the spy pic of the new RX330 posted only one picture. I cannot believe that this person took only one picture of the new RX. There should be at least a picture of the front. I would really appreciate it to see the other picture(s) - and I am sure you would too.
I thought all the "spy pics" that have been posted were all photoshopped? I have seen the heavily garbed pic of the RX330, but you cannot tell much from it.
Old 10-05-02, 10:32 AM
Justin_T.W.
Rookie

Yes, I am talking of that pic on which you only see the backside of the SUV - not one of those photoshopped. I think that this "real" picture gives you an idea about the roof line. If you take that pic and take a similar of the current RX you can compare it in a MSPowerpoint presentation and you can easily discover the differences between old and new. Consequently I would like to see a picture of the frontside to see the difference between old and new. Anybody knows who took the picture ?
Old 10-08-02, 06:36 PM
marke1
Driver School Candidate

I was doing some searching of the US Trademark office and came across one for the RX330. This may solidify the size of the engine as a 3.3 liter (no RX350 was found). It can be seen here:

http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?...tate=ftvoq.2.1

One thing I have been wondering is if it will have a 3rd row seat. I know the GX470 will have a 3rd row, but I don't know what kind of seats they will be. I ran across another Toyota trademark request for a " SPLIT & STOW 3RD ROW" seat. I don't believe it has been approved yet, so I think it may be too late for the GX. Could this be for the RX330? The other possibility could be for the new Sienna minivan.

http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?...tate=ftvoq.4.1
Old 10-08-02, 11:51 PM
Handogen
Driver

The "RX330" has been posted a few times... try the search button and look up RX330 or RX350. You should find a few threads and a few pics.

Hando
Old 10-12-02, 01:13 PM
Chinhman
Driver School Candidate

Wink

Front view of Lexus RX330

Definitely not an Aztek look. Whewwwww!!

Rear view of Lexus RX330

I got the images from this URL:
http://www.lexusclub.ch/News_RX330.htm

Last edited by Chinhman; 10-12-02 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-13-02, 03:54 PM
Justin_T.W.
Rookie

I took the design sketch above and modified it a little bit. I think that if this is the real front view it will look like that according to whitels description.
Old 10-13-02, 04:06 PM
Justin_T.W.
Rookie

I obviously had a problem with getting the picture where I wanted to have it. I try it again but if it doesn`t work I would be happy if anybody helped me.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have info on the RX 330?-x554-05c-041.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone have info on the RX 330?