RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
Old 01-06-15, 03:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

Lexus RX models - Best All-season tire choices

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-11, 06:07 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I've driven on two of the three tires posted by Zig and currently am riding on a set of Alenzas. IMHO, they are the better tire. They are yielding more miles and showing slower wear than the Michelin. I found the Alenzas to be much better in deep snow too. The Michelins got pretty loud after around 30k miles and I was embarrassed to drive a Lexus that sounded like a 2.5 ton truck on the freeway. I have just over 40k on the Alenzas and measure an even 8/32nds tread depth remaining. The Alenzas are good handling and long wearing. I'd buy them again.
Old 09-23-11, 08:09 AM
soda7o
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

zig@tr , i assume you get some sor t of a better deal than the site...

can you pm the quote for all the tires ? (shipped to 11235)
Old 09-23-11, 09:21 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by soda7o
zig@tr , i assume you get some sor t of a better deal than the site...

can you pm the quote for all the tires ? (shipped to 11235)
His pricing is no different than the web site. You can do this yourself. Just go to their site and build your own quote(s). Takes a minute or so to do for each tire.

BTW, your profile says PA, however, your zip code says Brooklyn.
Old 09-23-11, 10:44 AM
willyb0b
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm personally leaning towards the Continental DWS when it's time for new tires.

I wish I could find some reviews on the Toyo Versado CUV. It's a good looking all-season and the tread looking similar to tread patterns of some of the top all-season tires found at tirerack.
Old 09-23-11, 11:13 AM
soda7o
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
His pricing is no different than the web site. You can do this yourself. Just go to their site and build your own quote(s). Takes a minute or so to do for each tire.

BTW, your profile says PA, however, your zip code says Brooklyn.
i split time betwene my houses. for deliveries i prefer Brooklyn as someone is always there to recieve deliveries
Old 09-23-11, 01:20 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....emeContact+DWS
ExtremeContact DWS(Ultra High Performance All-Season)

After reading the reviews, I choose these. Sporty feel, all season, quiet and great utog.
You will need to come back and give us an update after you get some miles on these.
Old 09-23-11, 04:17 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tend of lean towards the Michelin Latitude Tour more
Old 09-23-11, 04:40 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mowmow
I tend of lean towards the Michelin Latitude Tour more
The Latitude in 18" is only a T rated tire. Would prefer to go with OEM ratings or higher. I also notice it is over $200 per tire, which is a bit high even for Michelin. The Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia is another "green" tire worth a possible look. Believe it was designed to have a low rolling resistance for better MPG.
Old 09-24-11, 09:53 AM
willyb0b
Pole Position

If I didn't live in an area where winter driving in snow and slush was required I would probably get OEM michelin's again. They are one super quiet ride.
Old 09-24-11, 04:54 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I have alenzas and they have been a very good tire and they are good looking as well. They aren't that great it snow but they aren't a snow tire so no problem. I've gotten stuck once but it was on a hill on the side of the rode after a plow drove by in ski country so idk if snow tires would have mattered. Things is i don't think they make the alenza in a size for our lx, not many tires in that size
Old 09-24-11, 11:21 PM
Benzat17
Rookie

i bought this Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring couple weeks ago and so far they are very good better than the oem Michelin ill update in couples months to see how good are they in snow
Old 11-02-11, 08:09 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Originally Posted by willyb0b

I wish I could find some reviews on the Toyo Versado CUV. It's a good looking all-season and the tread looking similar to tread patterns of some of the top all-season tires found at tirerack.
I ordered these from Treadepot.com for 665 shipping included after 75 instant rebate. They are seating in my garage, will have them installed in a few days, and will post my impressions after.

I'm replacing Bridgestones, which are very soft and quite, but the thread life on them is 3/4 gone at 30K, not to mention poor driving dynamics, especially cornering and rain/snow driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJ0bDDlA-w
Old 11-03-11, 09:04 AM
willyb0b
Pole Position

Originally Posted by data2009
I ordered these from Treadepot.com for 665 shipping included after 75 instant rebate. They are seating in my garage, will have them installed in a few days, and will post my impressions after.

I'm replacing Bridgestones, which are very soft and quite, but the thread life on them is 3/4 gone at 30K, not to mention poor driving dynamics, especially cornering and rain/snow driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJ0bDDlA-w

I did watch that, it's from Toyo. I want a place like tire rack to do a thorough review on them.
Those Nitto's look good too but there's no real-world experience and reviews about them.

I'm still leaning towards the Continental DWS
Old 11-14-11, 12:09 PM
Nick318
Driver

I'm impressed with Goodyear Confortred that i replaced the front 2 tires b/c of great grip and feel on the highway.
Old 11-14-11, 03:50 PM
TimBlaes
Driver School Candidate

Tires are a funny thing. What works well for one person, doesn't for another. I used to work for a high end repair shop ( parts manager ), they really wanted us to push the TOYOs, made in China, low cost, high profit margin. We had a lot of come-backs, slipped belts, noisy, took a lot weights to get them to balance. I bought a few sets because I could get them so cheap. They last forever, I'm still waiting for the ones on my Z71 to wear out, not sure how much longer I can take the noise and rough ride. I never bought a bad Michelin. Continentals as a whole seem pretty good. Just bought wife the RX two days ago, test drove a few, one had Goodyears rode rough, ended up buying one with less than half life Falkens, it rode and drove fantastic.

Quick Reply: Lexus RX models - Best All-season tire choices