Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

08 RX 350 Battery Change issue

Old 07-25-11, 06:48 AM   #1
somnoboy
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Default 08 RX 350 Battery Change issue

Hi folks. 08 RX 350. Just changed battery. New Bosch battery. Issue: After battery change, passenger windows don't work from the driver's master window switch cluster. I'm assuming this is the result of some sort of memory being wiped out during the battery change. Or perhaps a blown fuse during power up while connecting the new battery. Does anyone have any familiarity with this issue on a 08 RX?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
somnoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 07:04 AM   #2
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnoboy View Post
Hi folks. 08 RX 350. Just changed battery. New Bosch battery. Issue: After battery change, passenger windows don't work from the driver's master window switch cluster. I'm assuming this is the result of some sort of memory being wiped out during the battery change. Or perhaps a blown fuse during power up while connecting the new battery. Does anyone have any familiarity with this issue on a 08 RX?
This has been discussed several times of late. You need to go to each of the windows separately and cycle them using their switches. Same with the sunroof. Do a search for full instructions. They are here.
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 07:09 AM   #3
somnoboy
Pole Position

Default RX330 in FL

Thanks RX. I just found the earlier posts and went out and did the cycle procedure. Fixed it in a jiffy.
somnoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 05:08 AM   #4
conket
Driver School Candidate

Hello,
I am new here, just stumbling on this thread and search for recycle and battery but only five return without any information about recycle process after changing battery. My wife Rx 350 2008 is having issue with battery lately, we jump it four time already. I am about to change the battery and stumbling on this thread. Please show me where to find the old thread?
Thank you,
conket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 07:08 AM   #5
rcy
Lead Lap

Even easier than looking for old threads here is to just check your owner's manual. The instructions are in there. In fact, the answers to lots of posts I've seen are found in the owner's manual.
rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 12:49 PM   #6
LexusPia
Pole Position

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by conket View Post
Hello,
I am new here, just stumbling on this thread and search for recycle and battery but only five return without any information about recycle process after changing battery. My wife Rx 350 2008 is having issue with battery lately, we jump it four time already. I am about to change the battery and stumbling on this thread. Please show me where to find the old thread?
Thank you,
CONKET, don't forget your Lexus has a 84-month full replacement warranty battery so don't go out and buy an aftermarket battery (unless you want to) since Lexus will replace it free of charge. When your RX goes dead again with the dead battery (don't jump it), just call the Lexus roadside assistance or your dealership for help. Typically they'll send out a technician with a new OEM battery and replace it at your home or whereever you are free of charge. I just had it done on our '08 RX. The OEM replacement battery carries a 84-month full replacement warranty too.
LexusPia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 12:49 PM

Tags
08, 350, automatic, battery, change, changing, dont, installation, lexus, power, replacement, rx, rx350, windows, work