RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX330 Panel Button Corruption

Old 05-16-12, 02:50 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

not sure if this helps.....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...need-help.html
Old 05-16-12, 03:03 PM
Reposado
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin8
Thanks, good find. He's got the same problem I do but doesn't sound like it's been resolved yet. I was starting to think I was the only one on the planet with this goofy problem!
Old 07-02-12, 11:24 AM
05rx330
Driver School Candidate

sorry, but i have to bump this thread
did you guys find a solution
if the solution was from the dealer what have they done? parts replacement? or simple reprograming using a disc they own that is inserted in the navigation computer

Thanks
Old 01-22-13, 09:00 AM
Reposado
Driver School Candidate

Bump again. Still not resolved, and still driving me nuts. Anyone else have any luck?
Old 01-22-13, 12:13 PM
ac921ol
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best of luck. Never heard or seeing this issue. Maybe it has to do with nav brain?
Old 01-22-13, 12:21 PM
nusource
Driver School Candidate

Default RX330 Windshield Washer Winter problem

In cold weather -12C, if car parked outside overnight, no washer fluid would come out from the nozzles. The car went into an underground garage and parked for a couple of hours, everything works fine.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-22-13, 12:58 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Might try taking it to the Lexus dealer and ask for a quote?
Old 01-22-13, 01:04 PM
Reposado
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jfelbab
Might try taking it to the Lexus dealer and ask for a quote?
I did, they haven't a clue where to start, and just want to start swapping out ecm's until they find the problem...
Old 12-20-13, 07:24 AM
Reposado
Driver School Candidate

Bump. Can't believe I've been dealing with this issue for over 2 years now. I can't even set my clock!
Old 12-20-13, 09:16 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I did the same thing. This is my post from another thread describing how i fixed it.

"I don't know if you guys ever figured out a solution to this. But I did the same thing and fixed it in just a few minutes.

First i went through all the buttons on the dash board to figure out which one was now the "Info" button. On mine it ended up being the "Winshield Defroster" button. I then held down the "Windshield Defroster" button and did the headlight trick to get into the service menu.

Once I was there the touch screen was messed up in that it was inverted. If I wanted to press a button in the top left corner of the screen I would have to press the bottom right corner of the screen to access that button. Once I figured out that trick I was able to press the section of the screen that corresponded to the button I wanted to press.

So now that I knew how to get into the service menus and where to touch the screen I went in to change the model type back.

I accessed the first level of the service menu and then went to the second level. I changed the vehicle type until it said "900N4WD" (you will want to do "900N2WD" if you have the 2WD RX Hybrid) then I pressed set and exited the menu.

All the buttons went back to normal and I vowed to never go into that menu again."
Old 11-19-15, 05:39 PM
Reposado
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the suggestions, although none have worked. It's been 4 years now and I suppose I need to trade this car off. Not thrilled that someone else will get stuck with it. Any last minute ideas?
Old 09-16-17, 11:53 AM
mgreenberg
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Buttons set for wrong vehicle

Originally Posted by Reposado
Bump. Anyone?

Summers almost over, and I have no idea how to turn the A/C off!
I have the same problem, can't find a way to change the 'vehicle model'....were you ever able to fix this or find a manual? Your experience would be much appreciated. I have a 2006 Highlander hybrid. The dash buttons and screen functions map to some other vehicle, unknown, and I can't find a way to change it. I can change the 'welcome screen' from Lexus to Toyota and the language and all of that, but in the service menu, I can't find a setting for the model type. Ideas?

Michael
Old 09-20-17, 05:06 PM
mgreenberg
10th Gear

SOLVED: We swapped out the display unit, the one above the radio/DVD and the 'scrambled' buttons and display problem was resolved. I was surprised, but it did solve the problem. The button info and screen stuff is NOT stored in the map nav DVD unit or the computer but in the display unit. Go figure.
Old 09-20-17, 05:07 PM
mgreenberg
10th Gear

Thumbs up Solved: Swapped out display unit

SOLVED: We swapped out the display unit, the one above the radio/DVD and the 'scrambled' buttons and display problem was resolved. I was surprised, but it did solve the problem. The button info and screen stuff is NOT stored in the map nav DVD unit or the computer but in the display unit. Go figure.
Old 12-28-17, 09:58 AM
GerryK
Driver School Candidate

Question

Originally Posted by Reposado
Thanks for all the suggestions, although none have worked. It's been 4 years now and I suppose I need to trade this car off. Not thrilled that someone else will get stuck with it. Any last minute ideas?
Did you trade off the car? is your problem now solved?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RX330 Panel Button Corruption