RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Different Type of Projectors for the RX

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-11, 02:57 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Different Type of Projectors for the RX

Looks awesome. Pity about the red tinted glass!

Found this on Yahoo Auctions. Currently selling for about $1690 Australian dollars.

Old 06-19-11, 03:03 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Then I found these . Nothing over the lenses themselves

Old 06-19-11, 04:23 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmmm interested in knowing more. Really hard to tell much about it. Looks a bit chaotic and cramped but has potential. I am also assuming you lose function with these like the turning HIDs.
Old 06-19-11, 06:22 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

They are on the Japan Yahoo Auction site. I will put the link up so you can read the "engrish" description.
Old 06-19-11, 07:25 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Link as promised (this is to the Australian website that acts on behalf of you to bid in J-land)

For the Red ones

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view...itle=30 3 CCFL

The actual Yahoo auction website is http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b121673710

The blue ones

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view...30 LS600 3 HID

Original Yahoo auction link http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/v192031894
Old 06-19-11, 08:53 AM
koric
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by infinirx
I am also assuming you lose function with these like the turning HIDs.
Welcome to 2011. They make aftermarket HID to fit any bulb socket size.
Old 06-19-11, 09:48 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

The set up is similar to the LEDs on my 450h. Price is about the same too. It gives the 330 a whole new look. Pretty wicked.
Old 06-19-11, 01:07 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by koric
You did not read the sentence. So I guess I must explain a little further. The RX second gen has auto-leveling feature in the HID's and will turn in the direction you are turning into if you are going I beleive 25mph or greater. Some aftermarket headlights for the RX330/350 do not let you keep these features.

My original intent with the sentence was to be short and that most people would kind of know what I meant since there are so many threads already on the subject of headlights and modding them.

PS: These headlights are way too expensive by any standards I can think of. If I am correct and feel free to let me know, AU and USD money is not that much different in terms of equal value or translation. These look like maybe $400+ at best not $1,800. No thanks.

Last edited by infinirx; 06-19-11 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-19-11, 06:54 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Welcome to 2011. Aftermarket headlights still rarely steer and autolevel like factory.
Old 06-20-11, 11:11 AM
koric
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You did not read the sentence. So I guess I must explain a little further. The RX second gen has auto-leveling feature in the HID's and will turn in the direction you are turning into if you are going I beleive 25mph or greater. Some aftermarket headlights for the RX330/350 do not let you keep these features.

My original intent with the sentence was to be short and that most people would kind of know what I meant since there are so many threads already on the subject of headlights and modding them.

PS: These headlights are way too expensive by any standards I can think of. If I am correct and feel free to let me know, AU and USD money is not that much different in terms of equal value or translation. These look like maybe $400+ at best not $1,800. No thanks.
I apologize, I misread your reply. While you are concerned that an AFS system is lacking in this new headlight, you also will have to realize that this is probably a China made replica and they are not going to spend the R&D to create an AFS system. I agree with you that its an overpriced POS you find on Ebay ricer altezza special but that is capitalism at its best. Nobody has a better alternative for our RX's so these companies can price these crappy made headlights for whatever they please.

Originally Posted by panyo64
Welcome to 2011. Aftermarket headlights still rarely steer and autolevel like factory.
Welcome to common sense. Do you think chinese companies who make replicas will create an AFS system for a fraction of OEM cost?
Old 06-20-11, 03:42 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Welcome to common sense. Do you think chinese companies who make replicas will create an AFS system for a fraction of OEM cost?
Reading comprehension. You (sarcastically) answered a question that nobody asked. The fact that these aren't going to have auto level or AFS is as obvious to you as the fact that nobody asked about bulbs is to me.
Old 06-20-11, 04:24 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

The RX second gen has auto-leveling feature in the HID's and will turn in the direction you are turning into if you are going I beleive 25mph or greater
I agree that they are way to expensive. Of course it's more of an interesting thing that these things are being made. Sure they don't have the factory auto-level or cornering (incidentally only the late RX330 and RX350's have the cornerning lights - 2005 onwards; auto-level was on all 2nd gen's), but it's great to know that this stuff is being made for the RX especially given that the aftermarket parts list for these cars are minimal (but building).

The items themselves are selling at 160000 yen. The Aussie dollar is stronger than the US dollar. This equates to ~$1880 Australian dollars but ~$1990 for the US dollar (Google currency conversion).
Old 06-20-11, 04:33 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

draco, not true about AFS. My Japan-made '04 had it as part of the performance package along with auto leveling.
Old 06-20-11, 05:36 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

This looks good!

The red is gay, the blue trim ring around the projectors is gay.

However it has huge potential. If these weren't chinese replica's [most likely] AND actual LS600HL projectors retrofitted into the housing - then yes worth the 1600$.

But probably not the case!
Old 06-20-11, 08:01 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kitlz
draco, not true about AFS. My Japan-made '04 had it as part of the performance package along with auto leveling.
Definately an option thing with the packages in the US from the sounds of it. The RX's down here in Australia are all Japan made, but there were 2 flavours - Sports and Sports Luxury. The Sports Luxury got the Nav, reverse camera, ML audio, power boot, etc. etc. However the Sports Luxury and Sports (I think) only got the cornering lights late 05 as stock equipment (it was never an option down here).

Mind you the Japanese cars sold in the Japanese market have a lot more things on offer than what was shipped out to Australia. For example the same year car in Japan (talking Sports Luxury here), had TV; Front facing cameras (on the grill and both wing mirrors); guiding lines for parking at the rear, which was only really something that came later (i.e. late 2005 onwards).

Last edited by draco; 06-20-11 at 09:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Different Type of Projectors for the RX