RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX330 gets a DNX6960

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-13, 06:53 PM
JonathanAl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys... if you know anyone that might be interested in the system... pm me. It will take less than an hour to install as the wiring harness and rx-82 adapter is already wired together.

Otherwise I am selling to a stereo shop soon.
Old 08-26-13, 03:02 PM
JonathanAl
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for another post.. I have gotten several Private Messages about the system. Here is what I have and some notes on the installation. It was actually really smooth. Ill look at any offers.

Here is what I have:
--Pioneer ACH-X3500BHS (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X350...00bhs&skipvs=T)
--XM/Sirius Stereo Adapter (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV2...0V1-Tuner.html)
--BeatSonic RX-82 Adapter (http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-rx-82.html)
-- USB Replacement for Cigarette Lighter, gets rid of the Power Source on the dash, but gives you USB Data and power. Also your Power Source on the floor under the dash is not impacted.

The Stereo wiring harness is already saudered to the RX-82, so literally these are your install steps:
1. Remove Face plate around Shift **** (1 minute)
2. Remove Face Plate where Cig lighter and Heated Seats control is (1 minute)
3. Unscrew the 4 screws that hold the Factory Radio in (10 minutes, in case you drop a screw and have to fish it out)
4. Pull out stereo, Unhook back wires (2 minutes)
5. Attach metal side brackets from old stereo to new stereo (I am including my old brackets since I didn't waste time putting them back on the factory stereo for a total loss car) (5 minutes)
6. Run wires for XM Antenna (I put mine on my dash), Microphone (I put mine just up from the radio attached with double side tape.. just be sure not to put it where a vent blows on it) USB Cable (I popped out the cigarette lighter and installed the USB there) Run Aux in cable (I ran mine to my glove box, although I never used it) (20 Minutes to run wires and tuck nicely)
7. Plug Lexus stereo plug into RX-82 and RX-82 into back of Pioneer (2 minutes)
8. Screw in 4 screws to secure stereo (5 minutes)
9 Pop Faceplate around stereo (2 minutes)
10. Pop in the two Lexus parts you removed earlier (Plate where the heated seats and now USB Charger is and the plastic piece that wraps around the shift ****) (2 minutes)

Reattach the Battery Cable and you should be good to go.

I had a stereo guy help me do my install because I was scared to do it alone.. We were done in less than an hour and a half, and that was with taking the time to sauder the wires to ensure we had perfect connections. It only took me about 5 minutes to pull the entire thing out and replace the factory stereo.

The guys at BeatSonic are excellent, and the product works flawlessly.

Cost I paid, or to get this new would be:
Stereo: 400.00
XM Adapter: 60.00
RX 82: 398.00
USB Cig Adapter: 6.00
Total: 864.00 I have into it.

FYI - The audio guy that helped me do the inital install attached the parking brake wire to the ground wire, which was supposed to allow me to watch a DVD while not in Park (basically a bypass) I never tested it, but it was easy enough to do. (Legal disclaimer - watching video while driving is illegal )
Old 02-28-14, 06:38 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Saw the following review today on a new product from Pioneer. Thought it of interest for this group.

http://www.macnn.com/reviews/pioneer...h-cdordvd.html
Old 02-28-14, 07:41 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Saw the following review today on a new product from Pioneer. Thought it of interest for this group.

Very interesting. It has total integration with the iPhone. It apparently operates on two levels, blue tooth and wired. On BT you have limited capability, music, phone, voice operation, etc. You have to cable up to use navigation and all the other apps on the phone. It would give me the 'grocery store' capability I want, just hop in the car and have my tunes without a cable. I watched a couple of vids on YT on it and it seems reasonably quick and sensitive. Checking eBay shows a street price of 370.00.

I would definitely consider changing out my Kenwood for this new tech. I'm waiting for the new iPhone 6 to be released this year, if they increase the screensize I will get one. If not, I will jump ship to Samsung either the Galaxy 5 or the Note 3.

Very exciting, thanks for the link.
Old 02-28-14, 08:08 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Unfortunately, it looks like you need to purchase a cable if you want a physical connection to an iPod or iPhone as it does not come in the package.

For $370, did that include CD/DVD support? I am going to guess that it is without. The retail prices are $400 and $500 with the latter having CD/DVD support.
Old 02-28-14, 08:47 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

It includes CD/DVD capability http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pioneer-AppRadio-3-SPH-DA210-Smartphone-Receiver-Dvd-Player-7-Lcd-Bluetooth-/271413417839?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item3f3180176f. I checked Kenwood and they don't have one of this capability yet. Dammit, now I'm getting the hots!
Old 02-28-14, 10:57 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Here are the manuals, including installation, for you to read in the meantime:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...+3+(SPH-DA210)
Old 03-01-14, 05:25 AM
chris948
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RX330inFL

I don't know why they are just getting around to reviewing that, it's been out for 9 months. Unfortunately the hardware is the same as the previous appradio, so it's safe to say it's a dated product. They didn't announce a new one this year, so maybe they're killing the line.
Old 03-18-14, 03:54 AM
Eliaquim
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible to Install the Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS on my RX330?
Old 09-20-14, 12:40 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump. Great thread! Will have to look at later....
Old 09-20-14, 06:25 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Eliaquim
Is it possible to Install the Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS on my RX330?
Yes, just about any single or double din will work but you have to get all the pieces put together. Head unit, harness, cables, back up camera (if needed)
Old 10-16-14, 07:26 PM
KirLexus
Driver School Candidate

How did the radio get connected to the amp?
Was a metra TYTO-01 used?
Does fade work?
Old 02-03-16, 12:19 PM
Alexus416
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yakitori
What I meant by not needing the beatsonic kit was bypass factory amp and install your own amp and door speakers. You would have to run speaker wire though
. Also you would have to splice factory wiring to tap in.

Beatsonic kit is easy to install but to be completely honest he finish is not a perfect match. Its pretty close though and hardly noticeable but less fleck. Also there are only front right and front left on the harness...so you fight as well forget about adjusting fade.

I have plenty of pics...install went well this weekend. Running the cvr12 I had till I finish my under floor box for my 2 8s
Only the front speakers work?

How do you get the rear speakers to work as well?
Old 02-04-16, 02:47 AM
uh2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Alexus416
Only the front speakers work?

How do you get the rear speakers to work as well?
I installed an Android head unit and a 5 channel Pioneer amp that feeds all the internal speakers plus a subwoofer. It sounds GREAT (I replaced the tweeters and mids in the front, and left the stock dash "squawkers").

I just tapped into the stock speaker wires leaving the stock amp (I totally bypassed the stock amp).

I tried to start my own thread, but apparently i don't have enough posts and/or haven't been active long enough.
Old 02-05-16, 12:10 AM
guyrat7
Rookie

Originally Posted by uh2
I installed an Android head unit and a 5 channel Pioneer amp that feeds all the internal speakers plus a subwoofer. It sounds GREAT (I replaced the tweeters and mids in the front, and left the stock dash "squawkers").

I just tapped into the stock speaker wires leaving the stock amp (I totally bypassed the stock amp).

I tried to start my own thread, but apparently i don't have enough posts and/or haven't been active long enough.
UH<< Do you know whether the front speakers have a separate crossover or they just have a capacitor connected to the wiring?

I already bought a focal 2 way set for the front but thinking of adding them to the rear and positioning those tweeters on a better location.

the stock wiring is inviting because you dont have to kill yourself removing upholstery but if they dont have good crossovers, i will have to run my own wiring. Dilemma!

Quick Reply: RX330 gets a DNX6960