RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-14, 02:07 PM
ho0n
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how this will sound on your end but if you want more of a comparison, I can arrange for that later. This was recorded in an in-ground garage from somewhere between 10 and 15 ft away from the hood (closed, not that it matters).

Okay, I tried playing it, and I think my sound recorder automatically padded the sound. Sorry, guys.
Old 09-19-14, 04:06 PM
gasconguy
Driver

Well, not a mod or anything cool but I just replaced the Toyos that were on it when I bought it with four Michelin Premiers, and had them put new front struts on today. That weird noise is gone!
Old 10-04-14, 03:36 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Paint headlight housings

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...t-housing.html
Old 10-05-14, 08:01 PM
jixxer74
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Wheels-Tires-Grill-Headlights

Done within the last week. New 22" Giovanna Kilis. Aftermarket black grill and black projector headlights with LED DRL and HID upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)-20141005_110128.jpg   The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)-20141005_110106.jpg   The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)-20141005_110055.jpg   The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)-20141005_110114.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Feral22 (09-29-21)
Old 10-07-14, 12:21 AM
RangioraPD
Driver School Candidate

They're very low profile tyres...
...how's the ride on them?

I recently changed from a Honda with lowish profile wheels to a standard 2003 RX330 and the ride is far more comfortable on the earthquake damaged roads around christchurch (NZ).
Old 10-07-14, 05:19 AM
Raddy
Rookie

Removed brush guard, got front windows tinted 20%, had bumpers repainted and installed floor mats.

before:

after:

Old 10-09-14, 04:57 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Got TIS Techstream working and managed to change a number of settings for my car.
Old 10-09-14, 08:30 AM
gasconguy
Driver

Which ones? Did you find any options available for the rear door? Anything under the "Warnings" button? My list was empty there and there was nowhere to select any changes for the rear door.

I only was able to make changes from the main menu, customize button. ON other screens it seemed to say that you could customize from there, but I couldn't figure out how... so all I could do was change the remote lock feature and the DRL... would appreciate to hear about your experience in detail if you don't mind. Thanks.
Old 10-11-14, 06:37 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gasconguy
Which ones? Did you find any options available for the rear door? Anything under the "Warnings" button? My list was empty there and there was nowhere to select any changes for the rear door.

I only was able to make changes from the main menu, customize button. ON other screens it seemed to say that you could customize from there, but I couldn't figure out how... so all I could do was change the remote lock feature and the DRL... would appreciate to hear about your experience in detail if you don't mind. Thanks.
Once the techstream and is on and you have set your car model / year etc. you need to click on "Body" so that it turns white. Mine got an error that it couldn't read some stuff, but was all good post that. There was nothing for me under the "warnings" option. Have a look under all the customised options. I found rear door and changed the open to single press rather than holding down for 0.8 seconds (you can also set it to 2 presses to open the rear door). I also changed my sunroof to tilt instead of slide when holding down the unlock button. Also changed my lights to be more sensitive. Didn't see DRL but would be interesting to see if it's there when I get a chance.
Old 10-11-14, 06:40 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Thursday, picked this up - only taken 2 months and a bit

Saturday, spent the day (mostly painting) and in between playing with my kids and going to the shopping center to end up with this

Old 10-11-14, 06:42 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Couple of things I still need to do. The last picture before, note that the vent can see all the way through. Have to do something about that. Maybe another cover underneath to hide this.

Also have to fix the gap on the lip. Think I will try and find some super strong 3M double-sided tape to hold the front up a bit more and attach to the bumper. The gap that is annoying me

All in all, the lip fits almost perfect (except for the gap) and quite impressed. A lot of other kits (from years of experience) do not sit well at all and can vary wildly on each side. This lip basically clipped on besides the gap (if I lift the front more it disappears - hence why I need some tape).
Old 10-11-14, 02:11 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good job on black for the lip. Looks great with the headlights and the black on the sides. If you would plastidip the 'L' on the grille black it would look fantastic!
Old 10-11-14, 05:56 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carver
Good job on black for the lip. Looks great with the headlights and the black on the sides. If you would plastidip the 'L' on the grille black it would look fantastic!
Thanks Carver. Wanted to keep the "L" shiny so hence not plasti-dipped. Still contemplating a grille change later, but not sure yet. Next couple of things will be (1) get the 3m tape to fully seal it against the bumper (2) some recessed DRL's in the vents and (3) also making some sort of cover underneath the lip.
Old 10-11-14, 06:21 PM
chuckbass
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Draco:
The lip looks great, I like it!

Mine also fit well, overall, but with some gaps. I ended up adding screws to reduce the big gaps and used some black RTV to fill the smaller ones.

It also wasn't shaped perfectly and I used my heat gun for adjustments.

It was very time consuming, but worth it.

My lip still hasn't been dipped, yet, but it's not a big deal, as it's black.

I'll try to dip it this weekend.
Old 10-11-14, 11:18 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chuckbass
Hey Draco:
The lip looks great, I like it! ]
Thanks Chuckbass.

Mine also fit well, overall, but with some gaps. I ended up adding screws to reduce the big gaps and used some black RTV to fill the smaller ones.
Hopefully going to avoid having to use screws (). Going to definately try and do it all with some strong tape.

I'll try to dip it this weekend.
I ended up using a total of 1 - 1.5 cans of plasti-dip on the lip alone. I used the method they mention every where (i.e. building up on the coat). I think in the end once the "first full coat" was done I did another 2 - 3 coats. Good luck with it.

Quick Reply: The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)