RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-12, 08:17 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Carver
Looks great! Are those over sized tires? They look big!
I bought the car second hand with those on them. I can't remember what the size of the tyres are, but I think that they are 65's from memory. The wheels are stock 17's, so I suspect they are about right. When I eventually move up to 18's, then I would be going down to 55's.
Old 11-14-12, 11:22 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As of today 90% stock. Took out the air ride and put in new Monroe and KYB struts.

Old 11-14-12, 12:35 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by infinirx
As of today 90% stock. Took out the air ride and put in new Monroe and KYB struts.
Couldn't find a full set of KYB to fit?

How does it ride now?
Old 11-14-12, 03:45 PM
exmeaguy
Driver

Originally Posted by RX330inFL

How does it ride now?
+1 on this, would also like to know how it rides.
Old 11-14-12, 06:32 PM
lexusfan05
Driver

Default Upgraded headlights on 05 rx330

I finally upgraded the headlights from halogen to HID. The projector headlights without AFS (made for Japan models) from Amazon fit perfectly. They are also lot cheaper than the ones on ebay. I followed the post on headlight moisture sealing to swap the old ones.
I used a kit from xenondepot and put the ballast at the bottom of the housing, hope it's the right place. The projector mount type is d2s, and I ordered the h11 kit not knowing anything about the mount type beforehand. So I had to purchase 2 d2s bulbs and a "oem to aftermarket" wiring harness from ebay.
Everything works well, and I can see a lot more of the road now!
Old 11-14-12, 11:30 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RX330inFL

How does it ride now?
Rides great. Just gotta buy the right ones. I got the wrong rears on parts geek. Their site kind of sucks and part numbers are inconsistent. I either ordered the wrong ones for the rear or they sent the wrong ones to me. Anyways why I bought the Monroe for the rears. I am also using H&R springs so it's a tad lower and a tad firmer ride than stock.
Old 11-23-12, 08:39 AM
Elahkinh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone! I´ve been looking into modding my future rx400h and stumbled upon this kit for it:

http://www.prussianblue.jp/jp/toyota_harrierver2.html

Does anyone know of a dealer that has these for sale? I´ve tried e-mailing Prussian Blue in Japan but not got an answer so if anyone knows of a place I can get it it would be great!

Thanks!
Old 11-23-12, 10:31 PM
WhiteRbtRX
Driver School Candidate

Default Larger wheels

complete newbie here. . . moved into a 2008 400h from a larger SUV . . . . I love this thing but would like the wheels to look more beefy. The wheel well is much larger than the overall wheel/tire diameter, I'd like to fill it up more but there is a suspension piece in there that will rub if I go more than 1" larger. Does anyone know if this can be moved so that I can put larger rims/tires? I don't just want larger rims with low profile tires, I want to increase the overall size.

thanks for any advice!
Old 11-24-12, 07:26 PM
KonkBob
Driver School Candidate

I removed my roofrack crossbars. In theory there should be less wind noise and better fuel mileage. Not significant improvements in either, but hey, it's free and IMO looks a lot better.
Old 11-26-12, 11:19 AM
digger11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Elahkinh
Hi everyone! I´ve been looking into modding my future rx400h and stumbled upon this kit for it:

http://www.prussianblue.jp/jp/toyota_harrierver2.html

Does anyone know of a dealer that has these for sale? I´ve tried e-mailing Prussian Blue in Japan but not got an answer so if anyone knows of a place I can get it it would be great!

Thanks!
Please please please don't do it. Can't u see how absolutely terrible that looks ?
.??
Old 11-27-12, 12:38 AM
Elahkinh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by digger11
Please please please don't do it. Can't u see how absolutely terrible that looks ?
.??
Actually yes, the front looks quite strange. I'm actually just looking for the rear part and sideskirts. Not decided on the front end yet.

Got any suggestions? I'm looking for a more beefy front than the stock one...
Old 11-27-12, 07:50 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Elahkinh
Actually yes, the front looks quite strange. I'm actually just looking for the rear part and sideskirts. Not decided on the front end yet.

Got any suggestions? I'm looking for a more beefy front than the stock one...
I am selling my WALD Executive kit. It's probably the best one out there for this car.

Not promoting here my sales but since you brought up the topic.......
Old 12-06-12, 07:51 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

So wow dead thread? I hope not.

Well today I sold the RX. After four frustrating weeks of hard work and conflicting times schedules I was finally able to finish putting the car from this:

To stock. I won't even go through the nightmare of work on the suspension I went through finding parts missing parts when installing etc. etc. but this morning all went sort of well and ended up done and got an unexpected offer from CarMax.

I felt a bit of sadness and relief back and fourth as I have tuition to pay and so on. It had to go. The GX is my daily now and I love it.

Surprisingly the only thing I was told was not good was the front bumper and drivers side fender were repainted and not original. I did replace both so that was true. No accident though.

Every thing else they were real happy with as the interior was immaculate and the car ran great But of course . They did not seem to notice the intake in the engine bay or some things I thought they might but hey..

Bye RX!
Attached Thumbnails The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)-18830_10152324387980092_1777937586_n.jpg   The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)-537500_10152325159175092_1389268568_n.jpg  
Old 12-07-12, 06:31 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

End of an era Infinirx. It was great fun while it lasted but I'm glad you were able to get it sold and move on. Let's see pics of the GX! The king is dead, long live the king!
Old 12-07-12, 07:35 AM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Infinirx, Do you have anything still for sale off your RX?

Quick Reply: The Official "What have you done to your RX today thread" :)