RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2006 RX330 aftermarket stereo question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-11, 01:21 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Beatsonic

If you consider losing a few of the functions of your car. Like Air Conditioning, Air Bags and the RSES. Ok

Then you are correct. The Beatsonic kits work great.

Last edited by MC5Wes; 06-24-11 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-24-11, 02:08 PM
Napeun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MC5Wes
If you consider losing a few of the functions of your car. Like Air Conditioning, Air Bags and the RSES. Ok

Then you are correct. The Beatsonic kits work great.
You will not lose the Air Conditioning and the Air Bags. You will lose the Rear Entertainment system though.
Old 06-24-11, 02:44 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had no problems with the Beatsonic harness on my Kenwood install. I used the Axxess steering wheel controller to restore that function. I am really happy with the outcome.

Napeun, do you work for Beatsonic? If so, glad to have a rep around.
Old 06-24-11, 09:08 PM
MC5Wes

Default Beatsonic

Carver, that's great. Do you have a RX with Mark Levinson navigation and Rear entertainment ?
Old 06-24-11, 09:32 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

As has been pointed out, there are three harness' available for the RX including one for the ML NAV. Frankly, I don't think it would be worth doing because of the functions you do lose from the factory system. But you state you lose AC and airbag function as a result of installing the harness which may have involved some user error on that particular install or even that particular harness was defective.

You had a bad experience, I had a great one but to state Beatsonic harness will kill your airbags and AC is like saying you are as big an idiot as Harry Reid (or Sharon Angle depending on your politics) because you live in Nevada. I don't believe that for a minute.
Old 06-25-11, 10:45 PM
MC5Wes

Default Beatsonic

Beatsonic

Carver, once again I will ask. Did you install a Beatsonic kit into a Mark Levinson Navigation equipped Lexus ?

Until you do. I believe I know a little bit more about the subject. Because I have. And I still have the reciepts to show it.

Now anyone can put on a web page that their kit will work with anything.

And I'm telling you it's not true. Having seen the kit installed and trying to drive my car. I think I am able to say what didn't work and what did. And nothing works when you use the Beatsonic kit on the Mark Levinson Navigation equipped RX.

The Mark Levinson Navigation equipped Lexus RX uses an integrated video processor in the audio control head. If you take it out and install the beatsonic kit. You will lose all of the functions that the processor controls. Adding a plug and play wire harness will not replace these functions.

I know this because I spoke to the guys at Beatsonic on the phone. And I was assured by them before my purchase that it would work.

After one of the top audio installers in Los Angeles installed the system into my RX. We found out this was not the case.

We then called Mr Moto at Beatsonic again. And explained the situation. My installer and Mr Moto spent about a week sending diagrams and talking on the phone.

But guess what. The Beatsonic guys said they were sorry and to return the kit for a refund.

Now you can believe me or not. I don't care. I'm out time, effort and big bucks on something that was in my car for almost one day.

If you or anyone wants to try and see if it works. Good on them. I wish them the best. Just make sure your wallets deep.

Last edited by MC5Wes; 06-26-11 at 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-26-11, 12:42 AM
MC5Wes

Default Beatsonic

Just a side note. Nowhere on any of the these Beatsonic web pages are the words.

Mark Levinson

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-rx-82.html

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-sla-82a.html

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-rx-82.html

The Factory Navigation is just for the Pioneer system.
Old 06-26-11, 12:50 AM
MC5Wes

This is the back of a Mark Levinson stereo. The Beatsonic kits come with one or three plugs. All of these plugs on this control head are used on my car.

Besides the XM and Rear Entertinment. It also send signals to the touch screen display. This is where you lose the functions.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 RX330 aftermarket stereo question-mark.jpg  
Old 06-26-11, 11:56 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

I'll have to give it to you on the ML, mine was not. It just seems unintelligent not to state outright if there is something that doesn't work. Why would they be so stupid to continue to sell the harness to ML equipped cars knowing your AC and airbags will cease to function?

Maybe they are so small and get so few ML systems they simply don't care.
Old 06-27-11, 02:48 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Everyone, this is Eric from Beat-Sonic. I apologize for the confusion as to what is compatible and what is not for the Lexus RX models.

To clarify, as Napeun stated, all of our adapters will work for models with Mark Levinson or Lexus Premium. We have not included that in our description as our adapters are compatible to either or.

Carver: You are correct, our older adapters were not compatible to the USA spec 2007-2009 RX models with Mark Levinson and factory headunit. I believe we sold you the MVA-89. However, we now have an updated adapter RX-82 that has been tested and confirmed working for 2007-2009 RX models with navigation and with Mark Levinson or Lexus Premium Sound.
Old 06-27-11, 05:48 PM
MC5Wes

Default Beatsonic

Eric, the problem is not that your kits don't work. The audio adaptor works fine.

You just lose certain functions on the car. Depending On what your car is equipped with. If you install one of your wiring adaptor kits. It does not replace the DVD player in the factory Mark Levinson control head. This where you lose the functions.
Old 06-27-11, 10:41 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Eric, the problem is not that your kits don't work. The audio adaptor works fine.

You just lose certain functions on the car. Depending On what your car is equipped with. If you install one of your wiring adaptor kits. It does not replace the DVD player in the factory Mark Levinson control head. This where you lose the functions.
As Napeun stated, you will lose the rear entertainment system, the bluetooth and the steering wheel controls. However, the bluetooth system on the new aftermarket headunit can be used to replace the factory bluetooth system. A steering wheel control interface can also be used to keep the factory steering wheel controls working again.

As for the rear entertainment system, our engineers are currently performing R&D and we should have another adapter model up before the end of the year that enables the factory rear entertainment system to work in conjunction with the aftermarket head unit.

All the adapters that we have for sale on the website will also retain the AC controls and Air Bags.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.
Old 06-28-11, 09:50 PM
MC5Wes

Default Beatsonic

Eric
Thats great, Do you have anyone available that has installed your kit in a Mark Levinson car?

Because I know you do lose your Air Conditioning as well as the Navigation on your display. Using your kit.

Also is Mr Moto still with your company? Can you do me a favor and have him contact me?

Thanks

ISFWes@Gmail.com
Old 06-28-11, 11:48 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Eric
Thats great, Do you have anyone available that has installed your kit in a Mark Levinson car?

Because I know you do lose your Air Conditioning as well as the Navigation on your display. Using your kit.

Also is Mr Moto still with your company? Can you do me a favor and have him contact me?

Thanks

ISFWes@Gmail.com
Yes, These are our most popular kits and I can direct you to customers and stereo shops who have installed our adapter kits in models with Mark Levinson. I am pretty sure some of them are Club Lexus members.

Depending on the car year of your RX, if you install the correct adapter the air conditioning and the navigation on factory display will be functional.

For 2004-2006 models with navigation and Mark Levinson or Lexus Premium Sound, you will need the MVA-82R+SLA-82AAD. For 2007-2009 models, you will need the RX-82.

Also, for all 2004-2009 models with Mark Levinson or with Lexus Premium without factory navigation, SLA-82A is the correct kit.

Let me also add that you may install new headunits other than Pioneer brands. They include Clarion, Kenwood, Alpine, JVC, Audiostream + more. As long as the new headunit has speaker level outputs using speaker wires then it will be compatible, which should cover 99% of all the headunits out there.

You can reach Mr. Moto on Club Lexus. He goes by the name: motohide

Please ask if you have any additional questions.
Old 06-29-11, 08:39 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Eric, thanks for making the effort to resolve the issues with the adapters. My car was plain jane base stereo and the only thing I lost was the steering wheel control as indicated by your product description and the Axxess Universal returned all SW functions.

The people at Car Toys were impressed with the fit, finish and functioning of your kit.

Quick Reply: 2006 RX330 aftermarket stereo question