RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Questions on potential 400h buy...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-11, 04:43 PM
C-Stone
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on potential 400h buy...

I looked at an '06 400h with 53k miles yesterday. (I own an RX300). Clean, no hit, beautiful mica blue SUV. Also, I was very impressed with the acceleration.

But as I tested the moonroof, it wouldn't go into closed position... it would go closed and then reopen as you held the switch.

Also, the driver's side window switches for the 3 other windows did not operate at all. I told the salesman when I got back test driving, and he said these things happen when you put a new battery in. So he was able to reset the moonroof but opening and closing it full travel.

However, we could not get the windows to open/close properly. After a while, we couldn't even close the passenger window with the passenger switch. Could this be a serious problem, or is there a way to reset those, too?

Finally, are seat heaters (none in this one) a deal breaker? Anyone able to install some aftermarket ones that look professional and work well?

Thanks for any advice/tips.
Old 02-25-11, 04:56 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah you have to reset each window separately. Seat heaters are not a deal breaker for me. But I live in California and use them rarely. For me not having the GPS LCD screen and BT in the steering wheel were my deal breaker.
Old 02-25-11, 05:56 PM
C-Stone
Rookie

Originally Posted by infinirx
Yeah you have to reset each window separately. Seat heaters are not a deal breaker for me. But I live in California and use them rarely. For me not having the GPS LCD screen and BT in the steering wheel were my deal breaker.
infinirx: Thanks for the note on the resetting of each window separately. Sounds like an easy fix, there.

If it's "the one," I'll have to get some quotes on installing seat heaters. Ya need them about 4 months out of the year here. It did have NAV and BT. Very nice.
Old 02-26-11, 05:45 AM
rcy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The owner's manual has the procedure for resetting the sunroof, windows and rear hatch (the rear hatch rarely needs to be reset) if the 12 volt battery is disconnected.

Also, very important for mileage, if the 12 volt battery has been disconnected (and obviously it had been if the windows/sunroof needed to be reset) the vehicle will need the "ISC reset" done. The dealership may (likely) be clueless about this, so look at www.lexusownersclub.com in the hybrid section - I have a post stickied there with TSBs. Look for the ISC reset TSB, print it out and take it to the dealer and make sure they follow the instructions.

Many 400h owners complaining of poor mileage have seen an increase of 2-3mpg after doing the ISC reset.
Old 02-27-11, 04:40 PM
C-Stone
Rookie

Originally Posted by rcy
The owner's manual has the procedure for resetting the sunroof, windows and rear hatch (the rear hatch rarely needs to be reset) if the 12 volt battery is disconnected.

Also, very important for mileage, if the 12 volt battery has been disconnected (and obviously it had been if the windows/sunroof needed to be reset) the vehicle will need the "ISC reset" done. The dealership may (likely) be clueless about this, so look at www.lexusownersclub.com in the hybrid section - I have a post stickied there with TSBs. Look for the ISC reset TSB, print it out and take it to the dealer and make sure they follow the instructions.

Many 400h owners complaining of poor mileage have seen an increase of 2-3mpg after doing the ISC reset.
Great. Thanks very much rcy!