RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX330 Owner customize options/auto starter

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-10, 10:35 AM
nanllyn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX330 Owner customize options/auto starter

I have a couple of questions I hope someone that owns an RX330 can answer. I have a 2005 RX330 with the navigation package and the Mark Levison stereo. I also have a HTC Droid Incredible. I am trying to get my phone numbers in the phone book and can't seem to do that. Maybe that is on the phone end and not the Lexus. Is there anyway to get my phone screen to come on the navigation screen? I mean when I'm playing my mp3's I would like to have it show on the nav screen same thing is I am using google maps(I haven't updated my nav maps since I bought the suv). Maybe there is some kind of equipment I can attach to it to get it to do that. Has anyone done this?
Also I can not find the list of how to do the owner customizations, such as having your horn beep when locking your car and I think there was even on how to lower your windows or something. (I hope this makes sense what I'm asking for) Does anyone know where to find that? Maybe somewhere online?
Also I do my own oil changes. How do you reset the engine maintenance light? I was told once several years ago and should have written it down but I forget how to do it now.
Lastly, has anyone added an auto starter on the 2005. I have been told by a couple of independent guys that you can't do this with a 2005 model as it will mess with the electrical system. Has anyone been successful in installing an auto starter and if you have can you tell me what brand you used and or how it was done (if there is a special way or was done in a shop).
I know that is a lot of questions but I just have been wondering for a long time and just haven't asked other RX330 owners.
Thanks so much for your time in helping me figure these out.
Old 11-29-10, 07:10 PM
lexusjatti
Driver School Candidate

I just bought the 2005 Lexus RX 330. The previous owner had a few after-market products installed. One was the ipod wire..which i had no problems with. The other was the auto-start. I had the auto-start removed right away...it was faulty. I would lock my car and walk away from it and it would start again within seconds. The first night I didn't notice and walked away into a restaurant and when i came back out, the car was making weird noises and the battery was dead...first night i got the truck! It was constantly draining the battery so i had to jump start it a few times. The dealership said it was the company that "usually installed the auto-starts" so they were reliable i guess but mine was not working correctly!

Also, IDK how to change the noise when you lock the truck but when you hold the unlock button down on the factory remote..all windows go down and the sunroof opens up!
Old 11-30-10, 06:11 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

From what I have been told by the Lexus dealer to have all windows & sunroof come down by holding the unlock button down, would need to have this set as a personalised setting. Engine maintenance light you should be able to reset using the nav screen and navigating through the menu.
Old 11-30-10, 09:28 AM
nanllyn
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks for the help

I will have to go through the Nav and figure out how to reset it. With the economy like it is we just can't afford Lexus to do my 80,000 tune up. Especially since my hubby can do it all. So I just have to figure out how to reset the needs maintenance light.
Thanks again.