RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Anyone use any Infinity Basslink I, II or T in there RX330?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-10, 01:35 PM
ZERO5RX330
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use any Infinity Basslink I, II or T in there RX330?

Hello. Im thinking of buying the Infinity Basslink II or T for my 05 RX330. I saw some reviews on google with people with smaller cars etc. They said it was great. But a few with larger SUV's said forget it. Im torn because I want something cheaper than a full tilt aftermarket system and something that wont take up too much room.

The Basslink line, especially the T, would suit my needs as far as space and it has 250w rms to boot. Ive heard it has very clean bass and excellent low [20hz] frequency responce to high [120hz].

Has any of you guys/gals used it in the past or present? I would love to hear your opinion on the Basslink of any type in regards to its ability to fill the RX330's cabin with great bass. I know its not earthquake inducing base but I prefer clean crisp but deep full bass. Thanks in advance.

PS I did a search for Infinity Basslink on this forum but only got 2 hits and neither of them had opinions from people that owned a unit.
Old 09-10-10, 05:25 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

I have the Basslink I in my 400h and love it. Like you said, its not earthquake shaking bass, but it definitely fills the cabin.
Old 09-11-10, 08:38 AM
ZERO5RX330
Rookie

Originally Posted by TrendyTodd
I have the Basslink I in my 400h and love it. Like you said, its not earthquake shaking bass, but it definitely fills the cabin.
Thanks alot TrendyTodd. Thats what Im looking to hear. Looks like Ill pick up a Basslink then
Old 09-12-10, 09:43 PM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Basslink

Trendy
Did you install the Bass link yourself? Did you tap into the Amp or Head unit?
Old 09-13-10, 05:32 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd,

Do you have the ML system?
Old 09-14-10, 02:04 PM
biff44
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a basslink. It does help a lot. I do not have it hooked dirctly to the system but instead only use it with my ipod thru the ipod speaker jack. Too lazy to do the whole thing.

I have it installed in the hatch area in such a way that I can easily remove it when I have to carry something big.

The only weird thing is that phasing is a bit muddled. The baslink I have has an active speaker on one side, and a passive radiator on the other side. I think that sets up some weird phasing in the car! I would prefer a speaker with an infinnite baffle/no passive radiator.

I will post a few pix
Old 09-14-10, 02:28 PM
ZERO5RX330
Rookie

Originally Posted by biff44
I have a basslink. It does help a lot. I do not have it hooked dirctly to the system but instead only use it with my ipod thru the ipod speaker jack. Too lazy to do the whole thing.

I have it installed in the hatch area in such a way that I can easily remove it when I have to carry something big.

The only weird thing is that phasing is a bit muddled. The baslink I have has an active speaker on one side, and a passive radiator on the other side. I think that sets up some weird phasing in the car! I would prefer a speaker with an infinnite baffle/no passive radiator.

I will post a few pix

Oh please do post some pics BTW would the Basslink T solve the phasing you mentioned? It has two passive radiators on each side of the Woofer. It is also thinner than the other two Basslink models. The Basslink T is the one I want.

Also I spoke to an installer and he said that I would have to purchase an amp with the Basslink for it to work with the factory radio. I dont think so according to what I read. It comes with a built in amp that can even be used to power the other speakers if I read right. Did you have to install a separate amp like this guy is telling me? My guess is NO.
Old 09-15-10, 07:50 AM
biff44
Instructor

Here are some pix. I am using the line input driven by the ipod speaker jack on one channel only (I use an FM modulator to get the higher frequencies to play thru the stock radio). There are input jacks for connecting to both R and L speaker terminals, which are somewhat accessable under the rear seat (where the existing lexus amplifier is located), and some day I might actually connect them up too.

Note that I had to machine off some of the heat sink material in order to get it to snug into that small corner in the cargo bay!

It does improve the sound, and is an acceptable fix. The bass is a little muddled, and you will never be getting the neighbors to complain that it is too loud! Quick and dirty!
Attached Thumbnails Anyone use any Infinity Basslink I, II or T in there RX330?-dsc_0220.jpg   Anyone use any Infinity Basslink I, II or T in there RX330?-dsc_0221.jpg   Anyone use any Infinity Basslink I, II or T in there RX330?-dsc_0222.jpg   Anyone use any Infinity Basslink I, II or T in there RX330?-dsc_0223.jpg  

Last edited by biff44; 09-15-10 at 07:56 AM.
Old 09-15-10, 07:51 AM
biff44
Instructor

Note the handy DC power conneciton to the cig lighter in the cargo bay!

One might also comment that if the infinity engineers really knew what they were doing, they would have run the heat sink fins vertically! Makes you wonder what is really inside for electronics!

You can see from the placement that there is really no air space for the passive radiator on the hidden back side to work. From memory, I think you need at least a foot or two spacing from the wall for the passive radiator to do its job.

Last edited by biff44; 09-15-10 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-15-10, 03:21 PM
ZERO5RX330
Rookie

Originally Posted by biff44
Note the handy DC power connection to the cig lighter in the cargo bay!

One might also comment that if the infinity engineers really knew what they were doing, they would have run the heat sink fins vertically! Makes you wonder what is really inside for electronics!

You can see from the placement that there is really no air space for the passive radiator on the hidden back side to work. From memory, I think you need at least a foot or two spacing from the wall for the passive radiator to do its job.
Sweet thanks a lot for the pics. You mentioned the phasing problem and it might have to do with the radiator not getting enough room to do its job. This is why Im going with the Basslink T. It has two radiators on each side of the woofer and they all face frontward so no blocking of the radiators. Should solve the phasing/radiator problem? It even looks like its thin enough to fit were the tool tray is if its removed I have to check dimensions first before I get happy though lol.

Heres a pic.
Old 09-16-10, 05:41 AM
biff44
Instructor

Yeah, it is long and flat. Where would you put it, built-in into the floor?

I was going to cover the passive radiator with a stiff circular cover (like a steel disk) and see if the punch is improved and the phasing problem is fixed on my setup.
Old 09-16-10, 05:49 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you guys considered an amplified bazooka tube?
Old 09-16-10, 06:23 AM
ZERO5RX330
Rookie

Biff44 I still have do some measuring before I'm sure it can fit where the tool tray is. Would b sweet but I kinda doubt it's gonna b that easy.

Veleno I've heard that the Bazooka can't touch the clean clear bass of the Basslink's. Look up some comparos. I dont just want more boom I want crisp tight clear bass without distortion. From what some have said u just won't get all of that with Bazookas
Old 11-14-10, 10:26 PM
jmonkie76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ZERO5RX330

Veleno I've heard that the Bazooka can't touch the clean clear bass of the Basslink's. Look up some comparos. I dont just want more boom I want crisp tight clear bass without distortion. From what some have said u just won't get all of that with Bazookas
This is from listening to my friend's BMW with a Bazooka. I can say that at higher volumes, you're correct that you don't get a crisp clear boom. At lower volumes if you just want some background music, at level 10 for instance, while chatting with passengers, then yes it's clean. LOL

I've been looking for something clean as well. Not sure if you've searched and seen this but here's a link to kitlz's custom setup here.