RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX400h 2006 Headlight replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-14, 08:24 AM
UNYboater
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jakenbake
If you are a handy person...You can change the HID bulbs yourself. They are about 50 bucks for a pair of bulbs on ebay or amazon. They take D2S bulbs. It took me about 10 minutes to change the bulbs when I swapped out the 4300K HID for 6000K. I wanted to have a bit more of a BMW colored bulb.
So, just squeeze my hands in there, twist the holder in the back of the lens assembly & pop the bulbs out without removing the lens assembly (& the front bumper)?
I ordered an owner's manual that should arrive tomorrow but spent some quality time last night in the dozens of PDF's that make up the manual that I found on-line, but I didn't see any removal instructions. I may have just missed that section however!
Old 10-16-14, 12:55 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

So for the drivers side you unclip to fuse box to move it our of the way and on the passenger side you unclip the fill hose for the washer fluid and move it of of the way. Then you twist the cap off of the back of the headlight. It would be helpful to use a mirror to see what you are doing once inside. But once you are in there, there will be a silver connector you twist off of the bulb. Then the bulb is held in with spring loaded clips. I have big hands and I can do it without removing the headlight.
Old 12-16-14, 07:41 AM
markl33
Driver School Candidate

Question My Silver 2007 Lexus RX 400h

LOOKING FOR HELP!!

My 16 year old daughter decided to take my Silver 2007 Lexus RX 400h for a joy ride, and crumpled the front of it in to a wonderful park bench. Since she was a minor, I was reluctant to do a police report, in which would enable the Insurance Re-Imbursement.

Therefore, I need to buy a Silver hood, AND I made the mistake of buying two headlights that aren't the headlights that the car came with (I was supposed to get the headlights that turn when you turn), and I got the basic headlights, which deem a "ABS" light on my dashboard.

I need the real headlights to get rid of the lit "ABS" light on my dashboard.

First question is:

What are they called?

Second Question is:

Where can I get them ? (preferably trade the basic ones that I have in)

Third Question is:

Does anyone have a hole already dug for my daughter after I kill her?

In Dire Need of Assistance,

Mark
Old 12-16-14, 11:12 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

You don't have to have a police report to use insurance. In fact...the last time I needed to use my insurance I did call the police and they refused to come make a report because nobody was injured.
Old 12-16-14, 02:49 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

You don't have to have a police report to use insurance. In fact...the last time I needed to use my insurance I did call the police and they refused to come make a report because nobody was injured.
+1...you dont need to file a police report for a claim.....you will be the at fault party

The insurance premium will be going up like a rocket.....
Old 12-16-14, 05:24 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kickin8
+1...you dont need to file a police report for a claim.....you will be the at fault party

The insurance premium will be going up like a rocket.....
Not if he has accident forgiveness. :-)
Old 12-17-14, 11:23 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Not if he has accident forgiveness. :-)
I think only allstate has that???
Old 12-17-14, 11:56 AM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If you have an ABS light there is something wrong with the braking system. The headlights that turn are AFS (Adaptive Front Lighting System).

You may have damage that you are not aware of. Best to file an insurance claim.
Old 12-17-14, 12:30 PM
takeshi74
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Nope. In addition to these below I have it with USAA.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...%20forgiveness
Old 12-17-14, 03:41 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

I have accident forgiveness with Safeco.
Old 12-17-14, 04:09 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by takeshi74
Nope. In addition to these below I have it with USAA.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...%20forgiveness
I know it's wayyyyy off topic but I just saw that from the google search link....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneywis...-so-forgiving/
Old 08-11-15, 08:09 PM
Brucemac
Driver School Candidate

Question Headlight problems

HELP!! Have 2006 RX400h. Both low beams are out. Want to order them thru Rock Auto. Seems to be the best price. Any suggestions on which to buy? Could my igniter or module need to be replaced? How would I know if it was bad? Also, can't find the igniter or module anywhere on the internet. Auto Zone person told me I have to buy it a Lexus Dealer. Also installing the HID is a nightmare. Is there an easy way??
Old 01-02-17, 02:59 PM
livelikeit
Driver School Candidate

Smile how to unclip

So for the drivers side you unclip to fuse box to move it our of the way and on the passenger side you unclip the fill hose for the washer fluid and move it of of the way. Then you twist the cap off of the back of the headlight. It would be helpful to use a mirror to see what you are doing once inside. But once you are in there, there will be a silver connector you twist off of the bulb. Then the bulb is held in with spring loaded clips. I have big hands and I can do it without removing the headlight.

Hello...I cannot seem to find instruction on how to unclip the fuse box to move it out of the way...and definitely a little scared about moving that box and breaking it accidentally. Any tips or pics you could send my way?...or a video?
Old 11-17-17, 06:39 AM
Botto
Driver School Candidate

Default Jakenbake - regarding changing the D2S HID bulb

I have a 2007 RX400h....not sure what model/year you have. I saw you said you replaced the D2S (which is the low beam HID on my car) in 10 minutes. How? I tried to go up through the wheel well after removing the rubber lining and couldn't get to the low beam socket, and also tried go through the engine compartment. I've seen on the forum where people said they did it both ways but they either have very small hands and arms that twist like Gumby. Can you be more descriptive on how you got to the back side on the low beam socket? Thanks in advance. Incidentally, the driver side low beam burnt out on my car (which is my immediate problem) but I planned on replacing both since the passenger side is probably not long for this world either.
Old 11-17-17, 09:20 PM
5W40
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

It is just straight forward job on my 06 RX330, but sure had better remove the battery first to get more access space at driver side.

White clip doesn't necessary to detach from back cover

Mine one is halogen version not HID

Passenger side

The following users liked this post:
Melissa8 (12-06-17)

Quick Reply: RX400h 2006 Headlight replacement