Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

how to tell if you have a 2007 lexus rx 350 Mark Levinson

Old 04-27-10, 11:44 PM   #1
garynkim
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default how to tell if you have a 2007 lexus rx 350 Mark Levinson

hey guys, im new to this fourm. i just put a deposit on a 07 rx350 it has everything on it. i think upgraded 18 chrome rims,tow hitch, rear dvd player, acc. dash wood trim, heated seats i guess its fully loaded not sure tho. i does anyone have pics of a Mark Levinson sys. or would there be some kind of loco of it. thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
garynkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-10, 04:02 AM   #2
Poisson
Driver

G'day Gary - sounds like a nice vehicle! The Mark Levinson system has a logo just above the CD slot (next to the Lexus logo).
Poisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-10, 12:50 PM   #3
dentate
Driver

The easiest way to tell if your RX has Mark Levinson is that Levinson has an extra speaker and grille just above the navigation / hvac display on the top of the dash at the centre.

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Canada
dentate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-10, 04:46 PM   #4
geko29
Oil Burner

The Mark Levinson also has "DVD Audio/Video", "Dolby Digital", and "MP3/WMA" logos on the head unit

geko29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 08:10 PM   #5
FuGSOwner
Driver School Candidate

There's not alot of RX350 with ML. Is the ML over rated or not?

I am looking for a RX350 with ML and it's so hard to find it.
FuGSOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 12:19 PM   #6
chmod
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuGSOwner View Post
There's not alot of RX350 with ML. Is the ML over rated or not?
Hello. Here's a shot of the edge of the ML system. Click the image to open in full size.

All I can add is what I have determined with our 2007 RX400H - I do not think the core interior acoustic differences between the 400H and the 350 are too great. Yes, in motion at lower speed the H can be more quiet. Let's limit this to freeway speeds for example.

I qualify this reply: it all depends what you expect to hear; what you've used before; what you consider good - all very subjective issues.

My take good - the head unit is pretty good, seems to have excellent resistance to skipping; plays most any format. The presence of a center channel is great, really cleans up the ping-pong effect you can experience if you lack it. The interface is OK to average. Not hard to use, but seems a few years behind the bleeding edge curve in terms of information display. Font size is large, etc.

My take not so good - expensive. Lacks bass or a dedicated sub, so you must over-drive the door speakers which muddies the sound to a degree. Has no AUX interface, or any interface of any kind to jack in other devices. Satellite interface in place, must be dealer added (I have not opted for this).

Overall - I don't recall seeing anything on the lot without the ML option when we shopped the the 400H. So I never have heard the stock set up. I am not impressed with the ML on our car, for what it cost. My basis of comparison for factory-only systems is the Volvo XC-90 we returned off lease and got the Lexus. The XC-90 stereo was 100% better to our ears. The Volvo was not nearly as efficient, but we're talking stereo here not cars!

So I have no specific massive criticism, and it does everything it is supposed to do. But what it lacks is low end without killing mid range, useful inputs for a contemporary user, and a display that provides a much easier to read font/size. And it cost too much given the above. I do not recommend it for the 2007 400H.

These are my subjective opinions.

patrick

Last edited by chmod; 04-30-10 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: can't spell
chmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 12:19 PM