RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

So i got a bunch of LEDs - RX series.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-11, 09:20 AM
JoshuaMZX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you replace the tail light bulbs with LED's? If so, what do you do about parking lights vs brake lights?
Old 07-28-11, 12:22 PM
willyb0b
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoshuaMZX
Can you replace the tail light bulbs with LED's? If so, what do you do about parking lights vs brake lights?

I did my parking lights with leds. came out great.
Old 07-28-11, 05:04 PM
wcntan80
Rookie

How about DRL-daytime running light for 2008 400h? Put in a pair of eBay so-called 68 led but half of the bulb is lit up. I guess is the 1/2 power output. But looks good on my 2011 450h except not quite as bright. Any suggestion?

Wil
Old 07-30-11, 02:18 PM
Cruiseman
Rookie

I have a question about power draw. LEDs draw a lot less power than halogen and often you have to use some sort of power reducer. Are these LED bulbs a straight swap out item?
Old 08-10-11, 06:48 PM
normi2k5
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Accent Lights

Does anyone know how to change the accent lighting? The orange lights near the feet in the front. Driver side and Passenger side. Which bulb does that take?
Old 08-10-11, 06:49 PM
normi2k5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cruiseman
I have a question about power draw. LEDs draw a lot less power than halogen and often you have to use some sort of power reducer. Are these LED bulbs a straight swap out item?
Yes you can just do a straight swap out.
Old 08-11-11, 01:00 AM
satz
Driver

Great work and photos! You've inspired me to start doing similar.

Do you remember the type, size, wattage (lumen, etc) that you used for the vanity mirror LEDs? And any tips about prying off the clear plastic piece? Just use a thin flat screwdriver at various points, or just finger nail?

cheers

Satz

Last edited by satz; 08-12-11 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 08-12-11, 07:57 AM
shikbas
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by willyb0b
this afternoon i installed the 3 trunk lights, license plate lights, front door panels, and rear dome light

i have more leds coming in the mail: 4 vanity lights, another 36 led board for the front dome light, 2 for the map lights, led fog lights, and led parking/driving lights
please ,can you tell me the numbers for the front map and dom lights thank you
Old 08-19-11, 07:46 AM
shikbas
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TrendyTodd
Me too. Changed all interior lights with LED panels (where applicable), stock HID headlights, LED DRL/highbeams, LED parking lights.

Also changed out reverse lights and replaced with 1watt LED and replaced rear blinkers with 3watt LED.
thank you all,I want to replace the reverse lights,blinkers and brake lights,what kind of bulbs did you use,i mean size ,color and also please the high beams ,,,thank you
Old 08-24-11, 10:03 PM
normi2k5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shikbas
thank you all,I want to replace the reverse lights,blinkers and brake lights,what kind of bulbs did you use,i mean size ,color and also please the high beams ,,,thank you
Low beam headlamp
HID-D2S

High beam headlamp

Parking light

Front turn signal
992 (7440A)

Rear turn signal
992 (7440A)

Tail light

Stop light

High mount stop light
Assembly

Fog/Driving light

License plate

Back up light

Front sidemarker

Rear sidemarker

Glove box

Dome light
DE3175

Reading Light
BA9

Step/Courtesy light

Trunk/Cargo area
DE3022
Old 08-25-11, 03:17 PM
coolmonk
Driver School Candidate

Bummer! Got some 194 LEDs but they're too long to fit inside the license plate light housing. Oh well...used them for my doors instead and will keep searching for new plate lights.
Old 08-25-11, 03:33 PM
satz
Driver

minor correction to the list of bulbs.

The glovebox uses an orange LED, not a 74 bulb. The LED is actually soldered into a circuit board and is slightly angled.

cheers

S
Old 08-25-11, 03:51 PM
satz
Driver

Hi Normi

In regard to the footwell (and glovebox) lights. I changed mine on my 07 RX recently. Replaced the existing orange LEDs with white ones.

Easy enough to access the footwell lights. They're behind the kick panels. The one on the driver's side you can reach without removing the panel. Just reach behind and twist the light unit (small rectangular box approx 30mmx10mm) about 45degrees and it pops backwards. Then disconnect the wiring harness.

The one on passenger side requires you to unclip the kick panel (3 clips at the front edge) then slide out.

The little LED boxes can then be opened up (see my separate thread on this topic)..and that's where the difficult part is! Getting the old LED off!

I used 3mm clearwater white LEDs in place of the original orange ones. Widest angle I could get were 20degree. Try to find something around 45deg.

cheers

Satz
Old 08-25-11, 06:04 PM
satz
Driver

Default Festoon sizes used for Vanity, Ceiling light and map lights?

hi

could you please post the sizes of festoon LEDs you used for:

Vanity mirror (was it 31mm 2 x SMD warm white?)
Ceiling light
Map light
Door puddle lamp

I'd love to be able to order these before taking apart my lights as there's nowhere in my town to buy off the shelf

btw, to the OP, what happened to the many photos that were here showing how you removed the vanity mirror, cabin lights, etc? They were fantastic
Old 09-01-11, 10:06 PM
normi2k5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by satz
Hi Normi

In regard to the footwell (and glovebox) lights. I changed mine on my 07 RX recently. Replaced the existing orange LEDs with white ones.

Easy enough to access the footwell lights. They're behind the kick panels. The one on the driver's side you can reach without removing the panel. Just reach behind and twist the light unit (small rectangular box approx 30mmx10mm) about 45degrees and it pops backwards. Then disconnect the wiring harness.

The one on passenger side requires you to unclip the kick panel (3 clips at the front edge) then slide out.

The little LED boxes can then be opened up (see my separate thread on this topic)..and that's where the difficult part is! Getting the old LED off!

I used 3mm clearwater white LEDs in place of the original orange ones. Widest angle I could get were 20degree. Try to find something around 45deg.

cheers

Satz
I'm guessing this requires some soldering? =D

Also I changed all my interior lights too. Will be posting pictures ASAP since I still have some minor changes to do

Quick Reply: So i got a bunch of LEDs - RX series.