RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Rear quarter window exterior molding fell off RX330

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 06:53 PM
valflopez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile valflopez

Good news. Last week I called Lexus USA Coporate office's Customer Service and mentioned to them about L Shape trim that fell off from my Lexus Rx330.
I told them that I believe it is a factory defect and it is to be replace with no cost from the Lexus owners. They told that they will review my claim. After 3 days Customer Service called me and said that my request was granted. I can bring my car to Lexus Las Vegas dealer to install the complete Quarter Door assembly at no cost. Today 5/17/10 it was installed and looks great again.

It could be a case to case basis. What I did I talked to them nicely and they listen. Be patient and talk calmly. Good luck.
Old 05-17-10, 07:17 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally, Lexus sees that this a defective part and needs to be replace for all owners before they lose these windows.
Old 05-17-10, 07:26 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by valflopez
Good news. Last week I called Lexus USA Coporate office's Customer Service and mentioned to them about L Shape trim that fell off from my Lexus Rx330.
I told them that I believe it is a factory defect and it is to be replace with no cost from the Lexus owners. They told that they will review my claim. After 3 days Customer Service called me and said that my request was granted. I can bring my car to Lexus Las Vegas dealer to install the complete Quarter Door assembly at no cost. Today 5/17/10 it was installed and looks great again.

It could be a case to case basis. What I did I talked to them nicely and they listen. Be patient and talk calmly. Good luck.
valflopez

What year is yor RX and how many miles do you have on it? Congratulations on getting Lexus to cover this "defect". Yes, folks, it's a defect, plain and simple! No window moulding should be falling off in less than six years.
Old 05-18-10, 12:32 AM
valflopez
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by redrocks
valflopez

What year is yor RX and how many miles do you have on it? Congratulations on getting Lexus to cover this "defect". Yes, folks, it's a defect, plain and simple! No window moulding should be falling off in less than six years.
My car is 2005 RX330
Old 05-18-10, 11:40 AM
LexFather

Funny but I just saw on on the lot with this piece missing....so its not that uncommon. Seems to me its held by 3 clips though, not glue...
Old 05-18-10, 02:03 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Funny but I just saw on on the lot with this piece missing....so its not that uncommon. Seems to me its held by 3 clips though, not glue...
I've seen how easily the plastic clips around the engine bay break. I can't imagine the rear side windows being held by clips!
Old 05-24-10, 03:12 PM
thedo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dear, do you mind posting the Corporate's phone number that you called.

I am going to try my luck. I also have a 2005 RX330.
Old 05-24-10, 03:20 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

well i hope they will come out with the recall or tsb for that window, i've typed it back with 3m double side type last year on my girlfriend 04 rx, i hope they recall for all the rx from 04-09
Old 05-24-10, 05:06 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by redrocks
I've seen how easily the plastic clips around the engine bay break. I can't imagine the rear side windows being held by clips!
That is what the dealer told me. He said sometimes they replace the rear window as well but not sure how accurate that is.

Seems it is a common issue. Can someone get the TSB for it?
Old 05-24-10, 08:10 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

That is what the dealer told me. He said sometimes they replace the rear window as well but not sure how accurate that is.
Yes, they replace that whole window assembly. The trim piece is not available by itself. Had the one on the driver side come off while driving down the interstate some time back and it was fixed under warranty by just showing it to the dealer.

Seems it is a common issue. Can someone get the TSB for it?
There is no TSB for this. If you are under any warranty you should only need to take it by the dealership and show them the problem. However, if you are out of warranty one needs to call Lexus Customer Service and tell them that the window trim came off their vehicle and hope that will get some action.

If you are just trying to get this addressed before the trim piece comes off... good luck getting Lexus or the dealers to budge.

I will post a picture or two when I have a moment which shows how the trim piece is held in by just a couple pins and some two-sided tape.
Old 05-25-10, 07:59 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

If you were within the warranty period, they would replace it. Other than that, sorry. The failure rate was probably not significant and therefore no TSB was isued.
Old 08-26-10, 02:17 PM
dodongjun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by doverrx330
The rear quarter molding fell off my vehicle. Has this happened to anyone? If so, how much did it cost at the dealer and what is the part called?
yes, exactly what happened to you but i am still looking for the parts
Old 08-26-10, 04:18 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dodongjun
yes, exactly what happened to you but i am still looking for the parts
Read the whole thread and not just the message from the OP. You will find your answer.
Old 08-26-10, 10:08 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Easy to find the part from those links. I have the same problem. So glad I can get the part myself. The dealership says they actually outsource company to come in to do the install. If I can I will just take the plastic piece off and silicone it myself.
Old 08-27-10, 06:18 AM
phlfly
Driver

Originally Posted by infinirx
Easy to find the part from those links. I have the same problem. So glad I can get the part myself. The dealership says they actually outsource company to come in to do the install. If I can I will just take the plastic piece off and silicone it myself.
Best idea ever, it will cost about 120 bucks only accordingly this http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/online/...onentsIndex=18

Quick Reply: Rear quarter window exterior molding fell off RX330