RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Chrome Door Handles

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-10, 06:43 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redrocks
There's a picture of the chrome handles on their website
Sorry, these are chrome handle "covers"
Old 02-02-10, 05:18 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Yes, covers only. Stick on. Have seen them installed on other cars, look sturdy and will last.

We need 6 orders to get the $145 shipped price. There's 4, need 2 more.

Think about it.
Old 02-10-10, 02:19 AM
AirJames
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Yes, covers only. Stick on. Have seen them installed on other cars, look sturdy and will last.

We need 6 orders to get the $145 shipped price. There's 4, need 2 more.

Think about it.
mandyfig,
So, the covers look sturdy and will last or do you mean the solid chrome metal handles will last? I'm interested in getting solid metal/chrome.

Are these covers as well? Chrome Door Handle

Originally Posted by mmlex1987
Does anyone have a picture of an RX with the chrome handles on it? I would have to see the look in order to decide my thoughts on chrome. It must look better on certain colors then others. I could not see it on a black vehicle. Just my thoughts.
Here's black:

Here's white:

Last edited by AirJames; 02-10-10 at 03:13 AM.
Old 02-10-10, 05:18 AM
mandyfig

They are chrome covers, made of plastic and chrome plated. They stick on the existing handles.
Old 02-10-10, 05:18 AM
mandyfig

Performance wise it is the same. This is purely decorative and does not affect function.
Old 02-11-10, 07:21 PM
rookie07
Driver School Candidate

Those Plastic Cover are the reason I started this Thread. They are Bulking, made of Plastic and they're rough and sharp on the inside edge. My wife complained about these as soon as she got them. I'm in with the REAL ones. Order'm up!!

~Rookie
Old 02-11-10, 08:00 PM
mandyfig

The ones you bought were from Japan?
Old 02-14-10, 02:00 AM
markpaco
Rookie

Assuming your car was still under warranty, what was Lexus' reason for denying coverage? The warranty is transferable and it is clearly a fit and finish issue that should be covered during the 4 yr/50k mile bumper to bumper warranty; regardless if the car is 2nd hand and sold at a non-Lexus dealership or private party.
Old 03-16-10, 09:03 PM
rookie07
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by markpaco
Assuming your car was still under warranty, what was Lexus' reason for denying coverage? The warranty is transferable and it is clearly a fit and finish issue that should be covered during the 4 yr/50k mile bumper to bumper warranty; regardless if the car is 2nd hand and sold at a non-Lexus dealership or private party.
They claimed that the Doors had been refinished. I said how do you know that? The dealer we bought it from said it has never been in a Shop. Dealer replied with "we measured the thickness of the paint". What a bunch of BS. They just wanted to get my wife out the door. Not before of coarse giving her an estimate of what it would cost to repair the door handles that they should be covering.

~Rookie
Old 03-16-10, 09:48 PM
TalkLexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rookie07
They claimed that the Doors had been refinished. I said how do you know that? The dealer we bought it from said it has never been in a Shop. Dealer replied with "we measured the thickness of the paint". What a bunch of BS. They just wanted to get my wife out the door. Not before of coarse giving her an estimate of what it would cost to repair the door handles that they should be covering.

~Rookie
Rookie, I am sorry to hear about the door handles and mirrors... I really only have one question (i will get to in a little bit). Lets say your mirrors and handles had not been repainted... A Lexus dealership gets paid by Lexus warranty to repair/replace any item under warranty. Why would a Lexus dealership decline the opportunity to get paid by Lexus if they had/have the ability to? (that was the question) Why make the customer mad?? Why buy a vehicle with a concern with it and trust the word of an independent dealership just trying to sell another car? Why did the selling dealer not address this with the Lexus dealership before the vehicle was sold, in an effort to possibly make more money on the transaction of a PO vehicle (I mean if is under warranty it would cost the used car dealership nothing)?... Just things to think about. Did you try the 800-25-Lexus number for assistance?
Old 03-17-10, 03:18 AM
metal
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
Check the salvage yards. Chrome was standard on the 2008 RX

Cat
This is the way to go...
Old 03-17-10, 06:40 PM
rookie07
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TalkLexus
Rookie, I am sorry to hear about the door handles and mirrors... I really only have one question (i will get to in a little bit). Lets say your mirrors and handles had not been repainted... A Lexus dealership gets paid by Lexus warranty to repair/replace any item under warranty. Why would a Lexus dealership decline the opportunity to get paid by Lexus if they had/have the ability to? (that was the question) Why make the customer mad?? Why buy a vehicle with a concern with it and trust the word of an independent dealership just trying to sell another car? Why did the selling dealer not address this with the Lexus dealership before the vehicle was sold, in an effort to possibly make more money on the transaction of a PO vehicle (I mean if is under warranty it would cost the used car dealership nothing)?... Just things to think about. Did you try the 800-25-Lexus number for assistance?
Well, the independent Dealer has had luck in the past with this very same issue with the Dealer. When I got hosed he offered to take care of the situation and installed the covers. NICE! I'll just take care of it myself.
Old 03-18-10, 09:23 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by metal
This is the way to go...
Question how many 08 RX350 can you see in salvage yards?
Old 04-30-10, 05:22 AM
MMS4MSU
Driver

For what it is worth, I purchased some handles off ebay from Japan a while back for around $150. Or at least they were shipped from Japan . Arrived a lot quicker than expected and are great quality. I can PM the seller if anyone would like.
Attached Thumbnails Chrome Door Handles-img_0382.2.jpg   Chrome Door Handles-img_0384.2.jpg   Chrome Door Handles-img_0386.2.jpg  
Old 04-30-10, 05:28 AM
mandyfig

Yeah let us know. These are handles, not covers?

Quick Reply: Chrome Door Handles