RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Official Thread of RX Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-10, 11:39 PM
AirJames
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mowmow
All these bodykit looks great and all, I want to know what kind of suspension are they using to get almost no wheel gap !!! Or are they just using stock Harrier suspension and rebadge the car.
I would like to know how much these are lowered and with what suspension.
Old 02-05-10, 11:50 PM
AirJames
Rookie

Originally Posted by AirJames
I would like to know how much these are lowered and with what suspension.
I am thinking of getting the Intrax Suspension. I'm trying to do research but am not getting any RX reviews and do not know whether or not this will fit my wheel/rim setup. I still haven't installed my rims/wheels since I plan on installing the springs at the same time. Anybody know if this is too low and/or if I should get the KYB shocks/struts? Are there better shocks/struts? I heard there are dampeners that lower as well. I want it to look good so I have no idea what I can do to measure. Should I go to the place where I want to install it and ask?
Old 02-06-10, 01:11 PM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing the Intrax suspension is just a set of lowering springs? The lowest I've seen springs drop any car is between 1.5 - 1.75, maybe more over time if the spring gets weak. I think the KYB setup is just another brand of parts for people to look at when needing replacement, BICBW.

Looking at your sig (AirJames) we sort of think the same. I thought of painting the black parts of the bumper and side skirts as well as the window spoiler but in the end the cost for paint almost equalled the cost for a body kit, so I went with the kit.

I'll try to take a picture today and post it up for the peeps in here.
Old 02-06-10, 10:56 PM
AirJames
Rookie

I've heard of Intrax sagging, so I'm wondering what other experiences are(especially with Lexus). I heard they have a lifetime warranty but I haven't seen that listed anywhere. What's BICBW? Where and how much paint did you look at using and how much was it? The Job Designs kit costs $1700. I don't think paint costs that much. What kit did you get?
Originally Posted by veleno
I'm guessing the Intrax suspension is just a set of lowering springs? The lowest I've seen springs drop any car is between 1.5 - 1.75, maybe more over time if the spring gets weak. I think the KYB setup is just another brand of parts for people to look at when needing replacement, BICBW.

Looking at your sig (AirJames) we sort of think the same. I thought of painting the black parts of the bumper and side skirts as well as the window spoiler but in the end the cost for paint almost equalled the cost for a body kit, so I went with the kit.

Old 02-07-10, 11:22 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought of painting the black parts of the bumper and side skirts as well as the window spoiler but in the end the cost for paint almost equalled the cost for a body kit, so I went with the kit.

The bottom black plastic body parts needs a lot of prep work to have paint to adhere on properly and then it has high risk of peeling easily, so I left them alone, as far the spoiler goes, I paid only $150 to get it painted, I had a big scratch on my spoiler before so I had it taken off sanded down and paint-match the spoiler it was money well spent, Veleno, so you have the pictures taken yet ?

I myself like the extreme dimension bodykit, it's a good price but need to sort out the suspension issue first, I don't want lots of wheel gap, nor do I want skinny tires, I like what the Venza has as far as wheel and size tires goes ( not the styling ) 20 inch wheels running on 50s tires, that is acceptable, anything lower, I will feel bumps all along and not worth doing.
Old 02-07-10, 11:30 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

AirJames
Are you just doing Intrax spring along ? Have anyone done H&R with KYB air gas shocks and struts ??
Old 02-08-10, 12:20 AM
AirJames
Rookie

AirJames
Are you just doing Intrax spring along ? Have anyone done H&R with KYB air gas shocks and struts ??
I haven't done springs yet. I'm barely putting on my rims/tires to replace my wearing Goodyear RSAs. I'll put up pictures once they're on. I want to see how much spring space I have. I've been asking around regarding the KYB shocks and struts as well. So far no answers. I have found the H & R springs on ebay for a bit cheaper(if you use fatwallet, ebates, bing to get % off). H&R SPORT LOWERING SPRINGS 03-06 LEXUS RX330 52486 for $273~(not including discounts) (I believe although it says 03-06, the model 52486 works for my 07.)

Here's a better link: H&R SPORT LOWERING SPRINGS for $236.48 + $37 shipping

I also found the shocks/struts to be cheaper. 2x for $184.16 (not including discount) new-in-the-box KYB Front GR2/ExcelG front struts with full lifetime warranty.
2x for $211.58 (not including discount) new-in-the-box KYB Rear GR2/ExcelG struts with full lifetime warranty.# 235906
# 235907

Last edited by AirJames; 02-08-10 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-08-10, 12:40 AM
AirJames
Rookie

AirJames
I tried to get an idea of how much space I'd have but I won't be able to tell until I get the tires on. Here are some pics that I took.

Old 02-09-10, 12:23 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

watching @_@
Old 02-10-10, 12:24 AM
AirJames
Rookie

I ran into some issues with putting on the rims. Sigh... my first mod. Those Zenetti rims came off a 2004 RX330 and the studs on my rx350 2007 FWD aren't long enough. Was told by a tire place to get longer studs which would cost $37/set x 4 wheels not to mention the hours of labor to replace the studs. Luckily PanAuto, a local aftermarket shop suggested and is going to get me some different style lugnuts and drill the holes on the rim a little wider to get them in. Should only be a $100 or so but only on my first mod and I'm already running into some bumps.

I looked further into more body kits and found some more.
Tom's Body Kits

Autocouture http://www.auto-couture.com/toyota/mcu30/index.html

Here's a few more of the Job Designs body kit that I'm still thinking of getting. Here's the website. If you can read Japanese, could you help me or possibly others on this forum do a group order by ordering direct? I'll ask some(4) Japanese friends that I know.

Last edited by AirJames; 02-10-10 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-10-10, 12:34 AM
AirJames
Rookie

Here's where the Erebuni kit above came from.

Also adding 3 more pictures of a user from the Job Designs website:

Last edited by AirJames; 02-10-10 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-10-10, 02:51 AM
AirJames
Rookie

I'm changing my mind towards the Vertex Body Kit.
http://www.vertex-usa.com/catalog/home.php?cat=20
It's in the US(in San Diego) so shipping will not be needed. Can just drive by there tomorrow... no need to find a Japanese person to decipher and bring by boat =)

Here is some more eye candy(did some work to download and edit):

Last edited by AirJames; 02-10-10 at 03:09 AM.
Old 02-10-10, 03:20 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you realize that the Vertex rear apron is made to fit with the Vertex exhaust, or some other modified exhaust that will mate up with the rear apron...
Old 02-10-10, 04:12 AM
AirJames
Rookie

I hope you realize that the Vertex rear apron is made to fit with the Vertex exhaust, or some other modified exhaust that will mate up with the rear apron...
I noticed that and am thinking of getting the Job Designs rear bumper or maybe just painting the black of my rear bottom.
Old 02-14-10, 05:10 PM
06WTRX400H
Driver School Candidate

I need to keep up with this thread

Quick Reply: Official Thread of RX Upgrades