RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

'08 RX350 - Blue Tooth Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-09, 12:33 PM
ewingr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 RX350 - Blue Tooth Issues?

My wife's phone works fine on 2 different headset blue tooths, but in this Lexus, the person at the other end hears dropouts. It's hard to understand. I experienced same thing when I was on it with my phone talking to her...she heard dropouts when I spoke. In the car we do not hear any dropouts from the person at the other end.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem in the '08 Lexus? Any success having the dealer fix?

Or is this something we'll have to live with?
Old 06-15-09, 01:41 PM
mws4ua
Driver School Candidate

I was just about to post asking about a similar problem w/ my wife's '06. She sounds faint/distant to anybody on the other end. I don't know if the mic is bad or if it's just something that I'll have to get used.

I'm interested to hear if people have received help from the deal for either of these issues.
Old 06-15-09, 02:13 PM
RxInAtl
Driver School Candidate

Can't speak for the '08 - but in the '07 there was a upgrade to the mic amp (I believe that's the part). It might be the same in the '08 as it shares the same radio.

Also, there is a menu in the nav system that allows you to increase the mic sensitivity - that might also help.

And 1 last thing - did you get your front windows tinted with metallic tint? - that could be blocking some of your signal.
Old 06-15-09, 06:19 PM
ewingr
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input.

I checked the menus, and I find no setting in this one for setting the MIC sensitivity.

I'm not sure about the tint. I purchased this car used. The windshield appears to be like the tint on any other car.

I'll try to touch base with Lexus about the fix you mentioned.

Anyone wiht other thoughts, I'll be keeping an eye here.

Thanks
Old 06-16-09, 03:32 AM
RxInAtl
Driver School Candidate

Here's how to get to the menu -

You can get to the menu by just turning the parking lights on and off four times (while holding info and having the ignition in ON).

And someone wrote:

I changed the bluetooth mic volume a little higher since the other end didn't hear me as well. I changed from a default of 0 to 3 (max is 5). Now I tested with that and it's a lot louder on the other end of the call.

I have mine set to 2 in my RX and it sounds fine at the receiving end. I use a AT&T Blackberry Curve which was low and breaking up at 0.
Old 06-16-09, 04:50 AM
Dave_S.
Rookie

Originally Posted by RxInAtl
Can't speak for the '08 - but in the '07 there was a upgrade to the mic amp (I believe that's the part). It might be the same in the '08 as it shares the same radio.

Also, there is a menu in the nav system that allows you to increase the mic sensitivity - that might also help.

And 1 last thing - did you get your front windows tinted with metallic tint? - that could be blocking some of your signal.
My 07 had terrible distortion heard from the mic by the party on the other end. Sounded like you were driving past high tension power lines or something. It was a bad mic and the entire assembly (amp and mic) was replaced by the dealer. It was definitely worse on certain phones and there was a service bulletin on it. The new updated mic made a huge difference.
Old 06-16-09, 05:20 AM
mws4ua
Driver School Candidate

You can get to the menu by just turning the parking lights on and off four times (while holding info and having the ignition in ON).
So many secret menus in these cars! I've also used the navigation unlock trick from a different secret menu.

Anyway, I was able to make this one work and changed the mic setting from 0 to 3. My wife is going to call me on the way to work, so we'll see soon just how well it turned out.

EDIT: I just got to work. My wife sounds much louder/clearer now with the mic sensitivity changed. I might bump it up to 4 tonight, but it's better already.

THANKS for the tip!

Last edited by mws4ua; 06-16-09 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Update
Old 06-16-09, 07:19 AM
ewingr
Driver School Candidate

Good input. I'll give it a try now that I read how to get to the settings. I'll post back on my success...although it may be several days before I have the chance to do the test due to travel.

On a related note: Just yesterday, my wife indicated that when talking to me when I'm in my car on my blue tooth headset, she occasionally hears a screeching sound. She said it sounds like dragging a razor blade across glass (although i've never gotten a screeching sound from dragging a razor blade across glass ). Has anyone experienced this, and have any ideas?
Old 06-17-09, 05:28 PM
MacRX
Driver School Candidate

Is there a place to get all the ways to access secret menu's?
Right now I'd like to know how to adjust the ASL. I have it turned on but it doesn't seem to adjust the volume very much when the road noise increases.

Sorry, I don't mean to take over a thread and change the subject.

And someone wrote:

I changed the bluetooth mic volume a little higher since the other end didn't hear me as well. I changed from a default of 0 to 3 (max is 5). Now I tested with that and it's a lot louder on the other end of the call.

I have mine set to 2 in my RX and it sounds fine at the receiving end. I use a AT&T Blackberry Curve which was low and breaking up at 0.