RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Need some help buying a 2006 400h

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-09, 07:40 PM
cphdn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help buying a 2006 400h

I am in Northern California and the mileage level I've been looking at seems to listed anywhere from 29-32k for a CPO 400h on their respective dealer websites. I'm not picky about the Mark Levinson and the other options are comparable, just wanted to gauge you guys as to what is realistic to expect in terms of wiggle room. I could get a non CPO car i think sub 25k but I do value the CPO status and warranty. Thanks much in advance!
Old 06-11-09, 09:54 PM
Sunapollo
Rookie

What's the asking price from the dealer ?
Old 06-12-09, 08:24 AM
cphdn
Driver School Candidate

Default dealer quotes

as low as 27.5 from CPO, as low as 25 from non CPO, but i was more so curious as to the experience people have had with what to expect in terms of discount from sticker or generally what people have been paying. Also, would you guys suggest waiting until the 450h comes out - will that drive the value of this generation down on the preowned market?
Old 06-12-09, 11:34 AM
gsgarcia
Driver School Candidate

Before we bought our 05 RX330 AWD, we were looking at an 06 400h CPO with NAV, no ML with 44K miles. The dealer had it listed at 29,800 and they would not budge from the price. They called it "smart pricing", in which they look at comparables and other appraisals to determine the price. I think it was just a gimmick to get the most profit. We couldn't aford that price, so we went with the 05.
Old 06-12-09, 01:26 PM
Sunapollo
Rookie

27.5 with CPO is actually very good ! I'd jump on the deal The dealers in WA are asking 32k - 35k for similar models ...
Old 06-26-09, 12:27 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

We just got a CPO 2006 RX400h AWD with 46K miles for $26,888. It is fully loaded with Nav and ML in Flint Mica. Others on the lot with the same specs in different colors were listed between $30 - 33K. For some reason, no one wanted the Flint Mica, it sat in the lot for 38 days so the price kept on dropping. It was originally listed for $33k.
Old 06-26-09, 12:35 PM
Sunapollo
Rookie

wow great deal and welcome to the 400h club
Old 06-28-09, 07:40 AM
gscott2
Driver School Candidate

We just bought a 2006 400h CPO with 32k from a Lexus dealer in Margate, FL. It was bamboo pearl, with Nav, ML, heated seats, adaptive headlights. The internet price was $29.7k. We bought it for $27.5k.
This is a huge dealership but they mostly had RX330s and a few RX350s, but not many 400h's.
good luck with your search.
Old 06-29-09, 06:04 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by gscott2
We just bought a 2006 400h CPO with 32k from a Lexus dealer in Margate, FL. It was bamboo pearl, with Nav, ML, heated seats, adaptive headlights. The internet price was $29.7k. We bought it for $27.5k.
This is a huge dealership but they mostly had RX330s and a few RX350s, but not many 400h's.
good luck with your search.
Congrats on your purchase, how did you get the car shipped to CA?
Old 06-29-09, 07:38 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gsgarcia
Before we bought our 05 RX330 AWD, we were looking at an 06 400h CPO with NAV, no ML with 44K miles. The dealer had it listed at 29,800 and they would not budge from the price. They called it "smart pricing", in which they look at comparables and other appraisals to determine the price. I think it was just a gimmick to get the most profit. We couldn't aford that price, so we went with the 05.
The term "smart pricing" has always been a gimmick to increase the bottom line for dealers. If it was ever smart for the consumer dealers would go out of business and dealer principals couldn't afford their boats and airplanes
Old 06-30-09, 06:26 AM
gscott2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Congrats on your purchase, how did you get the car shipped to CA?
Thanks. We live in NC and just drove it home from FL.
Old 07-02-09, 12:25 PM
bagsbie
Driver

Originally Posted by gsgarcia
I think, I know what chain of dealerships you are talking about. HC, isn't it? It is totally a gimmick! They say it is some "special" software that evaluates the current market prices on a daily basis and clocks out the best price based on that. Total bull! You can still bargain...
Old 07-14-09, 02:42 PM
Kendig
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by gscott2
Thanks. We live in NC and just drove it home from FL.
You might want to do a careful inspection of your car. We bought a cpo 2007 RX 400h from the same dealer within a day or two of when you bought yours, and have found a number of problems. And, since the dealer has ignored our complaints we've talked with Lexus Customer (dis)satisfaction, who don't seem able to deal with the problems either.

It appears to us that a number of the cpo inspection checks were done only with pen on paper. The wheel lock key was missing. The front tow hook covers were askew. The roof rack bars were both stuck in place; I got one loose but the other appears broken. After a 3-hour drive home and a day of no driving at all, the aux battery was dead. It still seems not to ever take a full charge. Dealing with that, we found one of the two pins for the right cover missing, and the positive terminal shield was displaced. A little more looking under the hood found a missing air cleaner clip, and an air filter element installed facing the wrong way. (The element has REAR printed on it, and there's a tab on it that should prevent facing that side forward, but it was forced into place .). There's more, but you get the picture.

Lexus does not call back when they say they will, and at the moment they tell me they are "Having trouble contacting the dealer".

All we are asking Lexus to do is arrange for a re-do of the cpo inspection at a more nearby dealer. They claim they can't do that.
Old 07-14-09, 03:35 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Did you have a Lexus dealer CPO or a "Lexus CPO", there's a difference. A Lexus CPO can be serviced by any Lexus dealer. A Dealer CPO, only that dealer can service it.

A friend of mine bought an ES350 and he found out in the fine print, while comparing a dealer CPO'd versus a Lexus CPO'd. Big price delta. Be careful with the fine print on CPO's....
Old 07-14-09, 03:36 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are in NCAL, Lexus of Serramonte in Daly City's online pricing is usually 2k off list price and they have a dash and a number from 1 to 3 on their stock tag, the 1-3 means the # of weeks the car has been sitting on the lot, so naturally you can negotiate for more on a - 3 RX. At the time they didn't have the color we wanted and my wife pushed me to buy the car right away so I had to go to another Lexus dealership who had the color we wanted.

So I bought my CPO RX400H back in March for $29,600. 35k miles the dealer won't bunch on pricing so I got super picky and made them repair a ton of stuff including 4 brand new Michelin tires and leather repair, airbrush touch up,etc. they also offer $1100 worth of coupon which some can be use during financing for accessories or extended warranty. Overall I milk close to $2500 worth of items plus coupons were used during financing. Overall it wasn't bad they were so tough on pricing but you can milk for other stuff to balance out the total.

Quick Reply: Need some help buying a 2006 400h