Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Hooking up a Subwoofer, Need amp wiring diagram for RX400h/RX330/RX350

Old 12-18-08, 08:01 AM   #31
NeoNz
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Send a message via AIM to NeoNz Send a message via MSN to NeoNz Send a message via Yahoo to NeoNz

ps. incase anyone didn't see,

if you want the best sound for your sub, tap into the factory amp.

wires are
front driver: +pink/-black
front passenger: +purple / -white

i shall post updated results soon
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
2008 Lexus RX400h(Daily Driver) JL13w7, Phoenix Gold 1250.1 amp, 20" Halo wheels, WAAG Grill Guard, Blacked out Tails, Pioneer 5-way 6x9"'s, Lockpick 3, Optima Yellow top Battery, Stinger SP800 Dry Cell secondary battery, SR200 Battery Isolator,
1994 Toyota Supra TT 6-Speed, Baltic Blue, Targa Top
Greddy T61 Turbo kit, Tien Coilovers/Sways, Maya Wheels, Stillen/RMM Body Kit, AEM EMS, Defi Gauges,
12.7 @ 120 (spinning 18's down a cold track)
473rwhp/451rwtq @ 19psi
NeoNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 04:42 PM   #32
LophatRX
Driver

Send a message via AIM to LophatRX

That is crazy what you did. I noticed we have a different amp too. As I thought there could be a difference cause you have the 400 and I have a 330. So we are going to have some different connections. But did you connect to the smaller thinner wires for the amp. I used the larger wires of the big plug on the amp. But like I did say before I notice the bass from my set up is starting to blend well with the rest of the system. And it works well at higher volumes, and at lower volumes it doesn't matter so much since many times when I am in there I am with my family anyway.
LophatRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 09:45 AM   #33
NeoNz
Driver

Send a message via AIM to NeoNz Send a message via MSN to NeoNz Send a message via Yahoo to NeoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LophatRX View Post
That is crazy what you did. I noticed we have a different amp too. As I thought there could be a difference cause you have the 400 and I have a 330. So we are going to have some different connections. But did you connect to the smaller thinner wires for the amp. I used the larger wires of the big plug on the amp. But like I did say before I notice the bass from my set up is starting to blend well with the rest of the system. And it works well at higher volumes, and at lower volumes it doesn't matter so much since many times when I am in there I am with my family anyway.
i shall test this over the weeeknd, didnt have any time last night as we had to put snow tires on my buddies range rover. stupid snow here... GO AWAY!!!!!
2008 Lexus RX400h(Daily Driver) JL13w7, Phoenix Gold 1250.1 amp, 20" Halo wheels, WAAG Grill Guard, Blacked out Tails, Pioneer 5-way 6x9"'s, Lockpick 3, Optima Yellow top Battery, Stinger SP800 Dry Cell secondary battery, SR200 Battery Isolator,
Greddy T61 Turbo kit, Tien Coilovers/Sways, Maya Wheels, Stillen/RMM Body Kit, AEM EMS, Defi Gauges,
473rwhp/451rwtq @ 19psi
Old 12-19-08, 09:47 AM   #34
NeoNz
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNz View Post
i shall test this over the weeeknd, didnt have any time last night as we had to put snow tires on my buddies range rover. stupid snow here... GO AWAY!!!!!
im going to post pics of my car next week, i have some pretty sweet updated shots you guys will love
473rwhp/451rwtq @ 19psi
Old 12-22-08, 08:49 AM   #35
NeoNz
Driver

I went back in and hooked up the sub to the wires running directly from the head unit to the ---> amp, basically a line out level. It's unfiltered sound, nice and clear, but the issue is the bass is the same regardlress of volume level, so i can crank up the volume and the bass stays the same, not exactly what i had hoped for, but its clear and i can adjust with my bass **** I installed up front. The problem is the bass is too loud with the **** turned all the way down, which isn't idea when you have passengers. I might go back and re-tap the speaker outs from the amp. I'll give this setup a week or so, to see if i can tolerate the sub boom levels from the line-out..

ps, i bypassed my hi-low converter as well, running straight RCAs from my amp to the speaker inputs from the head unit ---> amp...

pics to come, and a conclusion
473rwhp/451rwtq @ 19psi
Old 12-22-08, 02:11 PM   #36
LophatRX
Driver

Send a message via AIM to LophatRX

That is an interesting find. I have heard about some of the newer cars using digital audio output. Maybe that is why the sound is clear and the bass remains unchanged through the range of volume levels. I heard the same thing about BMW, but I tapped into the factory amp of my Z4 using a LOC, and installed a bigger amp and a larger woofer and I get great bass out of it. I could only guess if I run one of my long RCA cable from my Lex to my Z4 and connect it to my more powerful amp, I could get a better idea of what kind of sound a bigger amp and sub might give using the Lex instead of the BMW or if just the factory deck of the Lex uses what some people have said as a bass limiter within the deck to keep a more equal range of sound for the stereo, since again I think 90% of RX drivers don't care about booming bass.
LophatRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 01:53 PM   #37
richardrx
Rookie

what did you use as the trigger for the amp to come on?
richardrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 07:00 AM   #38
richardrx
Rookie

Ok got a trigger signal for amp. It was very simple after all.
From Navigation unit in the back.
richardrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 10:08 AM   #39
S76GUY
Driver School Candidate

Default Factory Amp Location

Hi Guys
Can someone give me the location of the factory amp on my 2007 RX 350.
Thanks.
Tony T.
S76GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-12, 09:26 AM   #40
Sublime311
Driver School Candidate

I can confirm with Neo, if you want the best sound for your sub, tap into the factory amp.

wires are

The front lower speakers are already made for low frequencies. Better suited for Sub base.

I installed the new Kicker Hideaway powered sub under the driver seat and love it.
Sublime311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 01:45 AM   #41
lormaichi
Driver School Candidate

what is the color of the navigation trigger signal
lormaichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 12:47 AM   #42
nadz23
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime311 View Post
I can confirm with Neo, if you want the best sound for your sub, tap into the factory amp.

wires are

The front lower speakers are already made for low frequencies. Better suited for Sub base.

I installed the new Kicker Hideaway powered sub under the driver seat and love it.
I'm going to be adding an amp (JBL GTO-751EZ Mono 750 Watt) between the factory amp and the FL and FR speakers. The idea is to improve the bass over the factory amp (it has a low pass filter and bass boost). The amp accepts speaker line inputs, which I assume the wires you mention above are. If

Will do a writeup on here with how it goes.

2007 RX400H Nav + ML
nadz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 12:47 AM

Tags
aftermarket, amp, bass, dashboard, door, hook, hooked, hooking, hookup, removing, rx330, rx350, schematics, speakers, stereo, subwoofer