Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009 RX 350 alignment problems

Old 12-06-08, 06:20 PM   #1
Mike216
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default 2009 RX 350 alignment problems

I've owned my RX for one month and have constant steering problems. Allow me to explain. Upon delivery, I noticed my car pulling to the left when I let go of the steering wheel. I brought it to the service department and received a loaner RX while mine was supposedly being fixed. When I came back to pick up my car the service consultant told me everything checked out and was o/k and received paperwork stating such. On my way home my car was still pulling to the left, brought it back to the dealer the second time and test drove with the service manager. He assured me it would be taken care of. Gave me another loaner RX, called me four days later. I came back in to pick up my car, the service manager told me they did two wheel alignments to get it right. At this point my car did not pull to the left as severely as before, although the feel of the steering wheel was still favoring slightly left. Additionally, the feel of the steering wheel is easier turning left and more effort is needed to turn right. Now, my car is back in service for the third time. Just to make another point, my loaner cars did not have steering problems, they tracked perfectly.

Any comments concerning this matter is truly appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Mike216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-08, 11:27 PM   #2
arnieosp
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Ask them to rotate the tires front to back. If they refuse, do it yourself. You might have a tire pull, not that uncommon problem. If after rotating the tires pulling stops, have them replace the tire to which side it was pulling (left, in this case).
Old 12-08-08, 07:08 AM   #3
rmgmag
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem with my 2008 RX. At my 1000 mile check up I brought it to the service dept attention and was told there is a TSIB for the problem.

TSIB SU-001-08.
rmgmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 07:32 AM   #4
danmiller3
Driver School Candidate

Default Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag View Post
I had the same problem with my 2008 RX. At my 1000 mile check up I brought it to the service dept attention and was told there is a TSIB for the problem.

TSIB SU-001-08.
Same issue on the RX 350 we bought a week ago. Took it in yesterday and the problem was corrected under the same service bulletin. Seems better, although my wife still thinks it pulls to the left a bit. I didn't notice the problem anymore.
danmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 07:55 PM   #5
tshelly
Rookie

Can you tell me exactly what the TSIB says. I tried to do a google on it and all I got was this posting. I went to the TSIB site and put in the number and it said it could not find it.

Thanks in advance.
tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-09, 07:30 PM   #6
tshelly
Rookie

Talking

Hooray, I finally found the TSIB. It is SU001-08. You can find it here: http://www.lexustsb.com/questions/21...G+TO+ONE+SIDE+

You have to scroll down and you will see an Adobe Icon with the word Attachments next to it. Underneath that you will see SU001-08.pdf. Just click on the link and you can read the entire TSIB.
tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-09, 07:30 PM

Tags
2008, 2009, 350, 600, alignment, dsp, handeling, issues, lexus, problems, rx, rx350, tire, wheel