Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

CUT & Program any LEXUS KEY without DEALER

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-08, 01:09 AM   #1
Axchange
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3
Default CUT & Program any LEXUS KEY without DEALER

Hi all, I am new to the forum. I saw many people looking for a way to replace their key. Majority people uninform ..and think that only way to cut and program a key is through the dealer. I just want to share the information with you guys..since I had this problem myself.

Last month I purchased my 04 Lexus RX330. I only got 1 master Key. Like everyone esle, I searched the web for a way to cut and program it. I called the dealer and they said ...the key must be purchased and program through the dealer ...or else it will not work. THIS IS WRONG. They LIED.

Yes they do need to make a living but...doesn't have to lied and be unethical to the customer.

I ordered two keys from ebay for around $65.

I called my local locksmith ...from Minnesota...

I meet up with him at Perkins...and he cut the key with a regular grinding machine...that copy the pattern to the orginal. (Anyone said that it must be cut with a laser cutter is...WRONG)

The guy cut the two keys in 15min.

He had a small hand held device that hook up to the bottom of your driver dash.

Programed the two keys ..with locks and rear auto doors ..within 15mins...

The whole entire entire procedure takes about 30 min total.

Total price for each key to cut and program ? $50.

So my total price for both keys was $100.

I suggest you all to get a good key from good ebay seller...

Then call your local locksmith to have him cut and make to ask if he have a key programer. Chances are..you can get it done easily ..with out the Nasty Dealer ripoff price.


ONCE and FOR ALL..
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by Lil4X; 10-25-08 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: Removing dead eBay link, telephone #
Axchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 08:12 AM   #2
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (11)
 
benzo555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,560
Send a message via AIM to benzo555
Default

Nice dude. But like most dealerships, they are entitled to charge that much since they use OEM Lexus items.

Im not trying to defend the dealers, but im sure they will say most aftermarket keys wont work, but they are not going to try and test it out. If they do sell the keys there, they want you to buy theirs of course. They gotta make a living and eat too.

Anyway good that you got your keys for cheap. Do you mind posting who the seller ID of fleabay since I need a spare?

Thanks
benzo555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 03:25 PM   #3
mandyfig
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
mandyfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 8,737
Default

MidwestKeyless as it says on the post.....LOL!
__________________
SC430 WGC-Ecru/RX330 Bamboo Pearl-Gray/IS350 Black Onyx-Gray
mandyfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 03:25 PM   #4
mandyfig
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
mandyfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 8,737
Default

Some dealers did it for free for some of the members here...but maybe one out of 20.
__________________
SC430 WGC-Ecru/RX330 Bamboo Pearl-Gray/IS350 Black Onyx-Gray
mandyfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 08:14 PM   #5
yippeeiaye
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 70
Default

When I had my Lexus RX330, I had my key cut at my Lexus dealer for $10 and they programmed for free. I bought my key off eBay from seller stingrayshark for $12.98. Total cost for the spare key $22.98
yippeeiaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-08, 01:28 PM   #6
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (11)
 
benzo555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,560
Send a message via AIM to benzo555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyfig View Post
MidwestKeyless as it says on the post.....LOL!
easy there.. he edited his post.. wasnt there before wiseguy!
benzo555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-08, 02:13 PM   #7
mandyfig
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
mandyfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 8,737
Default

Checked on this ebay seller, nowhere to be found...
__________________
SC430 WGC-Ecru/RX330 Bamboo Pearl-Gray/IS350 Black Onyx-Gray
mandyfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 06:34 AM   #8
Lil4X
Out of Warranty
Trader Score: (0)
 
Lil4X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Houston, Republic of Texas
Posts: 12,991
Default

Guys, please don't post phone numbers, there are just too many ways a helpful post can produce an avalanche of crank calls - this is the internet, you know. If anyone in the Midwest needs locksmith services, PM Axchange for his contact.

eBay sellers come and go, and this one has evidently gone. They are probably good sellers, especially the storefronts, but they may be short of stock. Many of these sellers don't carry more than a couple of any one item and the auctions (and BINs) appear and disappear regularly. If you want to check out the availability of keys or other parts, it's best to do a search on RX 330 key in the eBay motors section.
__________________
“Draw your chair up close to the edge of the precipice and I’ll tell you a story."
_____________________- F. Scott Fitzgerald
TLN #42 -The Meaning of Life

Lil4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 10:16 AM   #9
howdybob22
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: WA
Posts: 256
Default

stingrayshark, only sell the SHELL and the blank blade for $12.98 (no internal transponder). So I guess if you break your key casing from the constant twisting, you can buy the the blank key and casing from 'stingrayshark', have the dealer cut the key, then put the transponder from the old into the new one. Has anyone tried this route from this seller? Our key case will eventually break and it's not a bad idea to go this route.

Also, would a dealer program and cut the key, if we bought the key+transponder from Ebay? If so, how much?

Last edited by howdybob22; 10-25-08 at 10:41 AM..
howdybob22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 09:10 PM   #10
jaskeda
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 6
Smile Make a key

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdybob22 View Post
stingrayshark, only sell the SHELL and the blank blade for $12.98 (no internal transponder). So I guess if you break your key casing from the constant twisting, you can buy the the blank key and casing from 'stingrayshark', have the dealer cut the key, then put the transponder from the old into the new one. Has anyone tried this route from this seller? Our key case will eventually break and it's not a bad idea to go this route.

Also, would a dealer program and cut the key, if we bought the key+transponder from Ebay? If so, how much?
Hi every one,
Last week I bought a aftermartket key on ebay, and cut and programed by Lexus dealer. It worked. but I paid $73.
good luck.
jaskeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 11:27 PM   #11
gpolci
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2
Default

For those that are afraid of ebay keys - http://www.sewellpartsonline.com has remote keys, pre-cut (using VIN), for $129 total (plus shipping) with coupon "CLUBLEXUS". I bought mine there and then had the key fully programmed at my local dealership for around $30.

The local dealership here in Calgary originally quoted me $360 for a programmed key.
gpolci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 12:21 PM   #12
Rudanna
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 1
Default

I would like help in getting my (internet purchased) keys cut in the Dallas area. Would appreciate any information to find a place. I have the electronics from the old keys and would just need the cut.
Thanks in advance.
Rudanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 08:05 PM   #13
jaskeda
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 6
Default

I have another message in other thread to program a key for rx330, I could repeat here:

I have key's program for a RX:

Programming Procedure #21485
1. Drivers door open, all other doors closed, key removed from ignition switch.
2. Within 5 seconds insert and remove the key from the ignition switch twice.
3. Within 40 seconds close and open driver's door twice.
4. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch.
5. Within 40 seconds close and open driver's door twice.
6. Insert the key into the ignition switch and close the driver's door.
7. Switch ignition on and off,
a) Once to program a remote transmitter code while retaining the original codes.
b) Twice to program a remote transmitter code while erasing the original codes.
c) Three times to check how many remote transmitters are currently registered.
d) Five times to erase all registered codes.
8. Remove key from ignition switch.
9. System should now lock and unlock vehicle. Once, twice or five times depending which mode has been selected. One to four times, slowly, to indicate number of remote transmitters registered.
10. Within 40 seconds press and hold lock and unlock key remote transmitter buttons, together, for 1.5 seconds.
11. Within 3 seconds press any key remote transmitter button.
12. System should now lock and unlock vehicle. Once to confirm registration, or twice to indicate registration has failed.
13. Within 40 seconds repeat steps 11 and 12 to program remaining remote transmitters.
***** To exit programming mode: Open driver's door or insert ignition key.
***** A maximum of 4 key remote transmitters can be programmed.
---------------------------------
I got it when I buy a key on ebay, However I have not tried yet( a dealer did for me).
good luck.
---------------
RX330
jaskeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 04:56 PM   #14
tenchidono
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 6
Default Which dealer did you go to in California?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippeeiaye View Post
When I had my Lexus RX330, I had my key cut at my Lexus dealer for $10 and they programmed for free. I bought my key off eBay from seller stingrayshark for $12.98. Total cost for the spare key $22.98
I asked my local dealer (in Cerritos, CA) and they want $60 to program the key. Which dealer did you go to for such a great price??

Thanks!
tenchidono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 04:57 PM   #15
tenchidono
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskeda View Post
I have another message in other thread to program a key for rx330, I could repeat here:

I have key's program for a RX:

Programming Procedure #21485
1. Drivers door open, all other doors closed, key removed from ignition switch.
2. Within 5 seconds insert and remove the key from the ignition switch twice.
3. Within 40 seconds close and open driver's door twice.
4. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch.
5. Within 40 seconds close and open driver's door twice.
6. Insert the key into the ignition switch and close the driver's door.
7. Switch ignition on and off,
a) Once to program a remote transmitter code while retaining the original codes.
b) Twice to program a remote transmitter code while erasing the original codes.
c) Three times to check how many remote transmitters are currently registered.
d) Five times to erase all registered codes.
8. Remove key from ignition switch.
9. System should now lock and unlock vehicle. Once, twice or five times depending which mode has been selected. One to four times, slowly, to indicate number of remote transmitters registered.
10. Within 40 seconds press and hold lock and unlock key remote transmitter buttons, together, for 1.5 seconds.
11. Within 3 seconds press any key remote transmitter button.
12. System should now lock and unlock vehicle. Once to confirm registration, or twice to indicate registration has failed.
13. Within 40 seconds repeat steps 11 and 12 to program remaining remote transmitters.
***** To exit programming mode: Open driver's door or insert ignition key.
***** A maximum of 4 key remote transmitters can be programmed.
---------------------------------
I got it when I buy a key on ebay, However I have not tried yet( a dealer did for me).
good luck.
---------------
RX330
Unfortunately this won't work...as stated above in previous posts
tenchidono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 04:57 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
break, casing, club, clublexus, coupon, electronic, key, lexus, master, midwestkeyless, program, programming, remote, rx, rx330

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spare Fob, VIN needed? Mingus IS - Second Generation 2 05-27-14 02:20 PM
need help with key programming issues drich2905 LX470 and LX450 4 07-26-13 01:51 PM
The TRUTH about Reprogramming Smart Keys (FOB) stktrdr2 GS - Third Generation 13 03-31-13 12:26 PM
Help: Key Cut and Programmed in San Diego 09starfire CL of Southern California 0 11-03-12 03:45 PM
Use a 2007 GS350 Key of 2011 GS350 amielp GS - Third Generation 1 09-01-12 03:36 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:51 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info