RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

CUT & Program any LEXUS KEY without DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-13, 06:15 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GadgetmanN
I got my switchblade keys from this seller and only had to send a picture of my original keys. They decoded the key code and sent the pre-cut keys and they fit and work just fine.
When you purchased the car new your keys came with a plate indicating your key code. If you do not have that you can take your VIN to the dealership and ask someone at the parts counter to look up the key code for your records.
Old 01-30-13, 07:29 AM
yoyo2
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
When you purchased the car new your keys came with a plate indicating your key code. If you do not have that you can take your VIN to the dealership and ask someone at the parts counter to look up the key code for your records.
I found a keycode on the creditcard key case. Is it the same as the code on the little metal plate (which I have lost)?
Old 01-30-13, 11:32 AM
lexuspcl88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to get a transmitter ie, a key fir my Lexus GS 300year2006 the car was bought in London England so the vin does not show up in theUSA.
I bought one st lexus in Fll. But can't get it programmed,
Can anyone advise or supply me a transmitter ie a key remote proximity,
Lexuspcl88
Old 01-30-13, 11:37 AM
lexuspcl88
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down Key code

Originally Posted by yoyo2
I found a keycode on the creditcard key case. Is it the same as the code on the little metal plate (which I have lost)?
So I have learned hat the key comes with a code and any replacement will have to comply with that code,
A new car you get the code supplied,
Used car or if u don't have the key code Yiu can get it from the vin,
Thanks,
Lexuspcl88
Old 09-04-13, 05:13 AM
Masamann
Driver School Candidate

Default Chester Springs, PA Lexus will NOT cut any eBay/2nd market keys..will break their bit

I just talked with Steve in service at Chester Springs Lexus and they will NOT cut any key that isn't purchased directly from them. He states any 2nd market key will break their bit. Mind you I do,work at aToyota dealership and know first hand from the parts department, this is NOT true. Our dealership does not have the right cutter, and i was referred to CSL. Perhaps if i had stated my employment Steve may have fessed up, but highly unlikely. i will call my local locksmith and see what I can do.
Old 09-04-13, 05:47 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Masamann
I just talked with Steve in service at Chester Springs Lexus and they will NOT cut any key that isn't purchased directly from them. He states any 2nd market key will break their bit. Mind you I do,work at aToyota dealership and know first hand from the parts department, this is NOT true. Our dealership does not have the right cutter, and i was referred to CSL. Perhaps if i had stated my employment Steve may have fessed up, but highly unlikely. i will call my local locksmith and see what I can do.
If you have your key code the best way to go is with 1010keys on eBay. They will cut it for you.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/1010keys/m.html
Old 09-11-13, 11:44 AM
IC3B3RG
Driver School Candidate

Hello All,

I went to Lexus yesterday they told me they could not reprogram a key purchased from Ebay.
When informing them that it was not purchased from ebay they stated it would be $100 for reprogramming. Why do dealers charge different prices for the same services? Anyone have any tips for discounts and what not.

Thanks,
Al
Old 09-12-13, 04:51 AM
asinblue
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IC3B3RG
Hello All,

I went to Lexus yesterday they told me they could not reprogram a key purchased from Ebay.
When informing them that it was not purchased from ebay they stated it would be $100 for reprogramming. Why do dealers charge different prices for the same services? Anyone have any tips for discounts and what not.

Thanks,
Al
I'm about o take a key I bought off of eBay to a Toyota dealership. I didn't mention it was from ebay. They quoted me $50 for programming and free cut. I believe sewell will cut keys for less than 40 but you have to send it in
Old 11-27-13, 06:32 PM
ttlee
Driver School Candidate

i'm also from MN and in need of a spare key. Mind sharing WHERE EXACTLY you got your keys from and the locksmith who assisted you? name and number? i can 'google' them. Thank you. Greatly appreciated.
Old 03-11-14, 03:55 PM
Eternity Key
Former Sponsor

Remember: cheap keys purchased online will continue to break... It's only a quick fix that will cost you more in the end! The Eternity Key is a BETTER replacement key with a lifetime warranty, and available at Lexus dealers exclusively. Made with military grade materials, the Eternity Key is stronger and lower cost than Lexus OEM keys, and you will never have to buy another key again. See website for list of dealers, or contact the dealer near you to ask for it by name. www.eternitykey.com
Old 03-13-14, 07:56 PM
codexmas
Driver School Candidate

I can vouch for 1010keys as well. Received only 1 factory key in rough shape with my 2004 RX330 that I just bought.

Bought a used transponder off Ebay and two of the switch blades from 1010keys.
Ended up with two working switch blades after swapping in the transponders.

Used a photo of my original key and the results were perfect.
Old 06-23-14, 04:27 AM
UGsaint
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2005 Rx 300 with a grey key... I'm assuming this is a valet key since it cannot open the glove compartment. I have tried programming the remote entry with no success.

What to do????
Old 06-23-14, 07:35 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Search for this topic, spare key programming, it should give you a lot of hits.
Old 06-30-14, 05:47 AM
UGsaint
Driver School Candidate

Is there a seller on ebay with an good deal for the remote keys?

Last edited by UGsaint; 06-30-14 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-06-14, 05:13 PM
Arphahat
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2001 RX300 and need to replace the keys. I don't recall it coming with a credit card key and am having trouble finding an obvious key code. There isn't a local Lexus dealer close by; would they be able to give me the keycode over the phone?

Or, what is the format of the number I am looking for? I found a number starting with "HF". I also found a paper card that mentions buying locks and keys, but the prices are $10 and $7 and I suspect it is for the wheel locks.

Help?

Quick Reply: CUT & Program any LEXUS KEY without DEALER