RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Programming 2008 RX350 Remote

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-08, 06:29 AM
Bowlth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming 2008 RX350 Remote

I've been reading all the forums about programming the key fob remote (both the immobilizer and keyless entry components). I've followed the instructions below without success:
TO PROGRAM IMMOBILIZER

1. Enter the car with a working pre-programmed key and close all doors.
2. Simultaneously depress and release both the brake and the accelerator pedals.
3. Within 5 seconds, insert the working pre-programmed key into the ignition. turn key to on but do not crank engine.
4. Within 15 seconds of inserting the ignition key, depress and release the accelerator pedal 5 times.
5. Within 20 seconds, depress and release the brake pedal 6 times.
6. Within 10 seconds, remove the working pre-programmed key from the ignition.
7. Within 10 seconds, insert the newly cut transponder key into the ignition. Turn key to on but do not crank engine.
8. Depress and release the accelerator pedal one time. The security light should now begin flashing to indicate that the computer is reading the new key and programming the system.
9. Leave the new key in the ignition for at least 60 seconds. When the security light stops flashing, the programming process should be complete
10. Start the vehicle using the new key to verify that programming was successful.

The security light on my car continues to flash after serveral minutes without going off and the car will not start.

TO PROGRAM REMOTE:

1. In drivers seat WITH DOOR OPEN, start with door unlocked.
2. Put master key in ignition, turn to on, then back off and remove.
3. Using the lock/unlock button on drivers door. press the lock/unlock combination 5 times. (lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock)
4. Close driver’s door, open driver’s door.
5. Perform lock/unlock procedure again. DO NOT close and open driver’s door. Just the lock/unlock procedure again.
6. Insert NEW key in to ignition and turn to on, then back off and remove.(at this point the doors should lock and unlock by themselves ONCE)
7. Now press both lock and unlock buttons on REMOTE. release after about 1.5seconds. now press just the lock button on remote. once you press the lock button, the car should lock and unlock ONCE, if it lock unlocked TWICE you messed up somewhere.
8. Open and close the drivers door a couple times to close programming. if you did it right, remote will now work.

I've also followed the attachment I've found in another forum for the remote.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is there a specific technique to programming to completing the immobilizer (ie: push down the gas peddle right to the floor, applying it for one second, etc).

The dealer wants $100 to complete this. I would love to save the money for something that appears to be easy to do. Thanks to all in advance for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lexus Key Programming.pdf (36.2 KB, 1990 views)

Last edited by Bowlth; 05-26-08 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-24-08, 11:14 AM
Eddo
Driver School Candidate

Default Programming the Garage Door Openers

This is a slightly different subject but may be of use to someone.

If you use the Lexus 2008 RX-350 manual and try to program a Chamberlain "Rolling Code" garage door opener, you may have trouble. I recommend you go to www.homelink.com and use the directions they provide.
My experience (after 2 hours of fruitless attempts to program the code by using the Lexus manual) was that 2 important steps are not included in the manual.

Originally Posted by Bowlth
I've been reading all the forums about programming the remote (both the immobilizer and keyless entry components). I've followed the instructions below without success:
TO PROGRAM IMMOBILIZER

1. Enter the car with a working pre-programmed key and close all doors.
2. Simultaneously depress and release both the brake and the accelerator pedals.
3. Within 5 seconds, insert the working pre-programmed key into the ignition. turn key to on but do not crank engine.
4. Within 15 seconds of inserting the ignition key, depress and release the accelerator pedal 5 times.
5. Within 20 seconds, depress and release the brake pedal 6 times.
6. Within 10 seconds, remove the working pre-programmed key from the ignition.
7. Within 10 seconds, insert the newly cut transponder key into the ignition. Turn key to on but do not crank engine.
8. Depress and release the accelerator pedal one time. The security light should now begin flashing to indicate that the computer is reading the new key and programming the system.
9. Leave the new key in the ignition for at least 60 seconds. When the security light stops flashing, the programming process should be complete
10. Start the vehicle using the new key to verify that programming was successful.

The security light on my car continues to flash after serveral minutes without going off and the car will not start.

TO PROGRAM REMOTE:

1. In drivers seat WITH DOOR OPEN, start with door unlocked.
2. Put master key in ignition, turn to on, then back off and remove.
3. Using the lock/unlock button on drivers door. press the lock/unlock combination 5 times. (lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock)
4. Close driver’s door, open driver’s door.
5. Perform lock/unlock procedure again. DO NOT close and open driver’s door. Just the lock/unlock procedure again.
6. Insert NEW key in to ignition and turn to on, then back off and remove.(at this point the doors should lock and unlock by themselves ONCE)
7. Now press both lock and unlock buttons on REMOTE. release after about 1.5seconds. now press just the lock button on remote. once you press the lock button, the car should lock and unlock ONCE, if it lock unlocked TWICE you messed up somewhere.
8. Open and close the drivers door a couple times to close programming. if you did it right, remote will now work.

I've also followed the attachment I've found in another forum for the remote.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is there a specific technique to programming to completing the immobilizer (ie: push down the gas peddle right to the floor, applying it for one second, etc).

The dealer wants $100 to complete this. I would love to save the money for something that appears to be easy to do. Thanks to all in advance for your help.
Old 05-26-08, 06:02 AM
Bowlth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Eddo
This is a slightly different subject but may be of use to someone.

If you use the Lexus 2008 RX-350 manual and try to program a Chamberlain "Rolling Code" garage door opener, you may have trouble. I recommend you go to www.homelink.com and use the directions they provide.
My experience (after 2 hours of fruitless attempts to program the code by using the Lexus manual) was that 2 important steps are not included in the manual.
Thanks for your reply, but I am looking to program a new key, not my garage door opener. I have read on a few sites that post 2007 models can only be programmed through the dealer - is that why the instructions I've posted are not working?
Old 06-02-08, 01:45 PM
Bowlth
Driver School Candidate

According to a website that sells lexus keys, 2007 - 2009 requires the dealership to program the keys (ie: the methods I've shown on this post will not work). Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!
Old 05-17-09, 08:49 AM
pacoshalom
Driver School Candidate

The immobilizer can only be programmed using a device that plugs into the vehicle. Many locksmiths have these devices and charge less than Lexus.

I am still trying to figure out how to program the keyless entry buttons.
Old 08-05-13, 10:12 AM
frankle04
Driver School Candidate

Default 2008 RX350 FOB Programming

I really wished this thread did not just end abuptly. Did anyone ever find the programming instructions for the 2008 RX350 FOB? I had a 2006 RX330 and did the door open/close dance and was able to program the keyless entry. i purchased a copy of techstream and was able to program the immobilizer. I sold sold my RX330 and purchased a 2008 RX350. Now I needed to program a new key. Again i used my techstream and programmed a new key to the immobilizer. However, the door open/close dance does not work so i cannot program the keyless entry. i've looked everywhere for a possible updated dance sequence to try. I did find a different sequence but that didn't work either. I will try to post it. maybe i will try again with my techstream to see if there is a new feature to program the keyless entry. Again, did anyone else have any luck programming the keyless entry on their RX350?
Old 10-03-13, 11:15 AM
asinblue
Driver School Candidate

Default steps?

Originally Posted by frankle04
I really wished this thread did not just end abuptly. Did anyone ever find the programming instructions for the 2008 RX350 FOB? I had a 2006 RX330 and did the door open/close dance and was able to program the keyless entry. i purchased a copy of techstream and was able to program the immobilizer. I sold sold my RX330 and purchased a 2008 RX350. Now I needed to program a new key. Again i used my techstream and programmed a new key to the immobilizer. However, the door open/close dance does not work so i cannot program the keyless entry. i've looked everywhere for a possible updated dance sequence to try. I did find a different sequence but that didn't work either. I will try to post it. maybe i will try again with my techstream to see if there is a new feature to program the keyless entry. Again, did anyone else have any luck programming the keyless entry on their RX350?
What door steps did you follow? The actual opening and closing of the door or the door locks? Can you provide the exact steps? I have a 2007 rx350 that I hope it works on.
Old 01-15-15, 04:25 AM
shezzyyyyy
Driver School Candidate

Default I lost my Key Fob Remote

Can anyone help me I have Lexus 2008 es350 I lost my Key Fob Remote and I don't have any other key that push button start so what did I do can anyone help me ?
Old 01-15-15, 10:08 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by shezzyyyyy
Can anyone help me I have Lexus 2008 es350 I lost my Key Fob Remote and I don't have any other key that push button start so what did I do can anyone help me ?
you need to tow your car to the dealership and have them get/eprogram you a new key....
Old 01-15-15, 11:10 AM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

You are going to have to have a whole new security system installed. Since you have smart key, they can't do anything for you unless you have at least one of the keys. It even says this in your owners manual. Sorry man, your screwed without a key.
Old 02-04-22, 11:10 PM
rsilcott55
Driver School Candidate

Ok I'm at a loss, all everyone's advice starts with insert key into the ignition. My 08 lexus es350 DOESN'T HAVE AN IGNITION TO PUT THE KEY IN! Please double check your Information please before offering advice. Stop just reposting stuff from the web. Thanks
Old 02-06-22, 11:00 PM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by rsilcott55
Ok I'm at a loss, all everyone's advice starts with insert key into the ignition. My 08 lexus es350 DOESN'T HAVE AN IGNITION TO PUT THE KEY IN! Please double check your Information please before offering advice. Stop just reposting stuff from the web. Thanks
If you had a Lexus RX 350, the information in this thread would be accurate. BUT YOU DON'T!!!

If you are looking for information that applies to your car, why don't you try posting in the... oh, I don't know... ES forum?
The following users liked this post:
Margate330 (02-06-22)
Old 02-06-22, 11:06 PM
rsilcott55
Driver School Candidate

I was looking in the ES forum wise ***. Twice it led me here. Oh and if you weren't such a know it all mechanic, you would have also figured out that all but one model of lexus manufactured in late 08, uses a push button start. Reply all you want but do some research.
Old 02-06-22, 11:22 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 858 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by rsilcott55
I was looking in the ES forum wise ***. Twice it led me here. Oh and if you weren't such a know it all mechanic, you would have also figured out that all but one model of lexus manufactured in late 08, uses a push button start. Reply all you want but do some research.
Hi friend, gotta admit by trashing the hard work of the members who posted above as being innacurate when you're in the wrong model forum is kinda funny.
Old 02-06-22, 11:27 PM
rsilcott55
Driver School Candidate

Meh apparently you missed the part about Google sending me here and that even if I was in the wrong forum, there's no difference in ignition setups in late 08 between the rx es is or whatever. But you're right, I shouldn't have trashed them for my getting sent here by the search engine. As for the info given here, as fact.... I'll not even comment. Have a great day!