RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

How do you get DVD video to show up on nav?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-07, 11:51 AM
mcgrady
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you get DVD video to show up on nav?

So, I've tried everything. I have Mark Levinson with the rear seat entertainment system. When I put a DVD video disc in the front 6 cd changer and hit display or audio I see where you can press "picture," but it's washed out. So my question is how can you watch DVD's while in park on the nav screen?

Any and all help is appreciated in advance
Old 11-12-07, 03:36 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcgrady
When I put a DVD video disc in the front 6 cd changer
you answered your own question! you can't put the DVD in the front CD changer, it doens't play DVDs. you have to put it in the overhead RSES DVD player and then have your parking brake on and hit DISC on your radio unit to toggle to the DVD player. the audio will begin coming thru the speakers immediately, but you have to hit DISC to toggle thru to get the video. you can control the DVD player via touch screen on the front nav screen once you toggle to it.

i have the ML/RSES also on my 04. i am assuming yours is the same setup.
Old 11-12-07, 07:43 PM
andreys
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

lexuslover is perfectly right in his explanation. Also, once you release your parking break the video will stop playing on Nav screen (but will remain available on RSES).
Old 11-12-07, 09:42 PM
mcgrady
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexuslover
you answered your own question! you can't put the DVD in the front CD changer, it doens't play DVDs. you have to put it in the overhead RSES DVD player and then have your parking brake on and hit DISC on your radio unit to toggle to the DVD player. the audio will begin coming thru the speakers immediately, but you have to hit DISC to toggle thru to get the video. you can control the DVD player via touch screen on the front nav screen once you toggle to it.

i have the ML/RSES also on my 04. i am assuming yours is the same setup.
Pardon my choice of words. in the '08, the front 6 is a DVD changer it clearly has says "DVD-audio/video" along with mp3, wma, and mark levinson on the front. The front plays the audio from the DVD perfectly, but just no picture. if the front has a DVD-video decal...there HAS to be a way...is my nav defective? because I see the picture button that's "washed out" or unclickable. Also when I hit audio i clearly see "DVD-V." Audio's playing just no video. This is an NTSC wal-mart bought version of ocean's 11. I've tried 2 others also.

So I guess my search continues...anyone? Oh and thanks for the help from the first 2 posters...its just that the '08 should be able to
Old 11-12-07, 09:56 PM
andreys
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcgrady
Pardon my choice of words. in the '08, the front 6 is a DVD changer it clearly has says "DVD-audio/video" along with mp3, wma, and mark levinson on the front. The front plays the audio from the DVD perfectly, but just no picture. if the front has a DVD-video decal...there HAS to be a way...is my nav defective? because I see the picture button that's "washed out" or unclickable. Also when I hit audio i clearly see "DVD-V." Audio's playing just no video. This is an NTSC wal-mart bought version of ocean's 11. I've tried 2 others also.

So I guess my search continues...anyone? Oh and thanks for the help from the first 2 posters...its just that the '08 should be able to
your emergency brake pedal (that's the pedal on the left, closer to the door) must be pushed down in order for video to appear on the front screen.
Old 11-13-07, 01:18 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmmm--Ill have to try that in my 08 to see if it works? Ill get back with you on this tomorrow night.

I do know it works if I put the DVD in the rear and play it up front
Old 11-13-07, 10:59 AM
Todd
Pole Position

Default Can you by pass the emergency pedal safety

so you can have it on while driving. Yea yea yea, save it, its for the front passenger
Old 11-13-07, 11:10 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Todd
so you can have it on while driving. Yea yea yea, save it, its for the front passenger
i've bypassed mine. cut the VSS wire and ground the parking brake wire. works perfectly, and no adverse effects on the nav. i did it maybe a year and a half ago after i reached 50k miles. i followed directions on the GX forum and just got the correct wire colors / pin #s from the tech info website.
Old 11-13-07, 01:41 PM
mcgrady
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexuslover
i've bypassed mine. cut the VSS wire and ground the parking brake wire. works perfectly, and no adverse effects on the nav. i did it maybe a year and a half ago after i reached 50k miles. i followed directions on the GX forum and just got the correct wire colors / pin #s from the tech info website.
Thanks for all the help. Down south, I refer to the parking brake as an "emergency brake." I always thought it should work if it was in park. It works when the emergency brake with the DVD in the front in the '08. Case closed :-D