RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
View Poll Results: mod your RX
not my cup of tea
28.37%
want to be different from other
42.79%
might think about if the price is right
33.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

modding your rx

Old 03-26-08, 03:55 PM
iKon_RX
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^http://www.memoryfab.com/products/aero/car65

parts may seem exspensive, but you gotta pay to play with the big boys.

added another link.
http://thepassionatepursuit.com/lexu...-330-350-400h/
more sources there

Last edited by iKon_RX; 03-26-08 at 04:45 PM. Reason: link
Old 03-28-08, 11:25 AM
DN328
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wjf168
I like my RX350 just fine. However, running boards and WeatherTech side window deflectors were added to make it more user friendly.

wjf - What brand of running board do you have and do you have some pictures you could share?

I've been contemplating running boards (offered by Sewell) for added look (rather than seeing rubber black kick panel), for small kids to step on and for washing the top of the car. Little added look with some funcionality...

Thanks.
Old 03-29-08, 09:38 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

wow..i just fell in love with the INGS kit...
Old 03-30-08, 01:58 AM
iKon_RX
Pole Position

^be on the lookout for one rx coming out hard sometime during summer.
Old 05-23-08, 12:16 PM
airmax
Pole Position

i hear you are doing big things kevin.
Old 05-25-08, 10:40 AM
lexilexus
Driver School Candidate

Question turn signal mirror kit from on ebay

i was interested if anybody had used this t/s mirror kit.. this kit includes the whole mirror not caps and it has courtesy lamp built in to mirror bottom. the only question i had which i ask the seller but had never received a response if the wires for the heated mirror are included? if anybody has used the kit your input would be greatly appreciated. on ebay: rx330 mirror kit.. view here!
Old 05-25-08, 11:08 AM
grouch
Driver

Originally Posted by lexilexus
i was interested if anybody had used this t/s mirror kit.. this kit includes the whole mirror not caps and it has courtesy lamp built in to mirror bottom. the only question i had which i ask the seller but had never received a response if the wires for the heated mirror are included? if anybody has used the kit your input would be greatly appreciated. on ebay: rx330 mirror kit.. view here!

Looks like caps to me. If it was the whole mirror, then you'd loose the auto-dim function on the stock mirrors.
In one of the photo's, it shows wiring inside, but I can't tell if it's for the adjustments and/or heat.

Other than that, go for it if that's what you want.
Old 05-25-08, 11:38 AM
lexilexus
Driver School Candidate

looks like the whole mirror replacement, look at the description...
Old 05-25-08, 04:12 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Should also be able to just use the stock auto dimming mirror plate on this unit and retain the auto dimming if this replacement unit doesn't include the auto dimming feature.
Old 06-03-08, 05:51 AM
gopherhock
Driver School Candidate

Modding... giant waste of $ IMHO. If I bought a car and had extra $ to blow on something like that I'd gone for a better model...

Best mod for an RX would be to just get an X5 and be done with it.
Old 06-03-08, 09:01 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gopherhock
Modding... giant waste of $ IMHO. If I bought a car and had extra $ to blow on something like that I'd gone for a better model...

Best mod for an RX would be to just get an X5 and be done with it.
But then you'd have to dump more money modding the X5, and might as well have just bought a Porsche Cayanne, but then you'd still have a stock Cayanne, so you'd have to mod it too
Old 06-03-08, 09:18 AM
ZIN
Driver

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
But then you'd have to dump more money modding the X5, and might as well have just bought a Porsche Cayanne, but then you'd still have a stock Cayanne, so you'd have to mod it too
What he said.I just can't have the same thing as everybody else even if it's tweeked just a little bit at least it is different than stock.
Old 06-03-08, 10:22 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

The thing people need to realize is everyone that customizes anything realizes that in most cases it is not a good investment, and to most others it is a waste of money. People who don't golf think it is a waste of money to spend $2000+ on a custom fit golf set, then go hit a little white ball around. People who don't play billiards/pool will think it is a waste of money to spend $2000-$4000 on a wooden pool stick, then go hit some colored ***** into pockets. People who don't eat dinner at the dining room table will feel it is a waste of money to spend $10,000 on a nice exotic wood dinning room table.

Anyway, every one has their own passion that they are willing to throw their spare cash at. Women like spending money on handbags and shoes. Now that is a waste of money
Old 06-09-08, 12:31 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

The thing people need to realize is everyone that customizes anything realizes that in most cases it is not a good investment, and to most others it is a waste of money. People who don't golf think it is a waste of money to spend $2000+ on a custom fit golf set, then go hit a little white ball around. People who don't play billiards/pool will think it is a waste of money to spend $2000-$4000 on a wooden pool stick, then go hit some colored ***** into pockets. People who don't eat dinner at the dining room table will feel it is a waste of money to spend $10,000 on a nice exotic wood dinning room table.

Anyway, every one has their own passion that they are willing to throw their spare cash at. Women like spending money on handbags and shoes. Now that is a waste of money
well said. to add my own analogy, just like people who are happy with steak from dennys, would never pay top dollar for usda prime beef.
Old 06-11-08, 05:44 AM
ZIN
Driver

Although I agree ,I must say a vehicle with nicer wheels and tinted windows will always leave the lot before the same exact vehicle without.
For me there is a point of wasted $$ and not.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: modding your rx