RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Help with Color choice

Old 07-01-07, 04:28 AM
sd2528
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Color choice (Brandywine)

My wife and I are looking to pick up a new RX 350 and she really loves the Brandywine but we haven't been able to get a good look at it. I'm seeing the color as more of a brownish red but she sees it more as a purplish red or burgundy. Unfortunately we haven't seen many on the road and the dealer we went to yesterday only had the color in the show room so we couldn't get a feel of what it looks like in the sun. I saw a few pictures here but I was looking for some opinions of people that have seen it in person.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...214897&page=10

She really wants the Ivory interior so we are also looking at Bamboo Pearl but she said it has a very distinct green tint to it. Is this true?

If she doesn't like either of those colors I think she is leaning towards the Millennium Silver with Light Gray/Walnut.

We are trading in a Black/Ivory and it does look nice but she is looking for something different. Unfortunately I can't talk her into the Flint Mica.

Last edited by sd2528; 07-01-07 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Added Brandywine to title
Old 07-01-07, 05:49 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

The classic silver wins all the time! I love the wine color and would get it if there was a chance.
Old 07-01-07, 05:53 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

All are good choices. Try to get a look at cars on the lot in a variety of lighting conditions. When I picked out my Savannah Metallic, I was surprised at how many colors I liked all turned out to be this one.

First saw mine at the '03 auto show under a mix of mercury vapor lights and sodium lights in the exhibit hall. I thought it was Champagne. Later it went from khaki to light grey, to caramel, to camel, in various daylight settings (sunset, sunrise, heavy clouds, bright sun). Try to get the car you are interested in away from other cars. Reflections of other colors can really mess with the appearance of the car. Silver and Bamboo Pearl are almost indistinguishable when parked beside a light color on a dark day.

Finally, don't mess with your wife's color choice. I learned the concept when I once bought an expensive typewriter for my secretary. Despite all of its technical goodness, it was wrong, wrong, wrong. SHE hadn't picked it out. I learned the same lesson from my wife who will love ANYTHING purple. I've seen her buy dishwashing detergent because it is purple.

Gotta love a girl who'd rather have amethysts than diamonds . . . once in a great while it works in my favor . . . .
Old 07-01-07, 07:36 AM
sd2528
Driver School Candidate

Oh I'm not trying to force a color on her or anything. It is completely her choice as was the last one but she didn't get a good look at a few of the colors in the sun so I thought I would ask some people that have.

If it is more of a purple/burgundy I think she would like to get it. If it closer to the brown or copper family I don't think she would want to get it.
Same with the Bamboo Pearl. If it is a tan/light grey she would take it. If it does have a green tint she wouldn't like it.
Old 07-01-07, 08:23 AM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My wife liked Bamboo Pearl until she saw it on the lot. It does indeed have a greenish tint, and that nixed it. She decided on Savannah Metallic and still loves it. Another good thing about Savannah is that it doesn't show the dirt like the darker colors.
Old 07-02-07, 08:49 AM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am always a sucker for red, so I looked closely at the brandywine. And hated it. A definite copperish tinge to it, and to my eyes it's unattractive under most lighting conditions.

The bamboo pearl is such a sweet color - very much a chameleon depending on light & shadows. In my opinion it's an absolute perfect match for the ivory interior.

I really wanted the light gray w/ black wood interior, so I started there. The millennium silver is a very classy color, and given the black spoiler & trim seems to be an ideal color for the car. I went with breakwater blue simply because there aren't too many in my area and they had one on the lot.

Good luck...
Old 07-02-07, 09:41 AM
mandyfig

Loving the Bamboo Pearl...it is almost silver...but actually Ice Green....some people describe it.
Old 07-02-07, 09:26 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Loving the Bamboo Pearl...it is almost silver...but actually Ice Green....some people describe it.
I honestly wanted the light blue color but I picked up the Bamboo Pearl one. It gets better everytime I look at it, especially when its slightly dark outside. It transitions from the ice green to silver sometimes. Its a cool effect since it looks like its two toned at times

Great choice cuz it'll always look better the more you look at it!
Old 07-02-07, 10:42 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i saw a brandywine rx350 a few weeks ago and the color is a very dark red with tints of brown mixed in. nice color. i personally dont like the bamboo pearl it doesnt look like anyone color just a mish mash of weird tones....anyways....
Old 07-03-07, 05:44 AM
mandyfig

The BP is a weird color....you think that the paint's faded on some portions and then you realize, depending on the time of day and the light...it changes.....
Old 07-03-07, 07:37 AM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely a subjective thing - there are some terrific colors. I love the richness of color and the amount of metallic content in the crystal white, millennium silver, and in the bamboo pearl...the latter being my favorite of the 'earthy' colors.

My favorite is probably neptune blue. I strongly considered that, but given as **** as I am about the slightest of swirl marks showing, I wanted to go with a light color this time around.
Old 07-03-07, 11:43 AM
mandyfig

I am done with the solid dark colors. I have 2 black and 1 red. As you know Black is a pain....so, with the BP, I love it when I even can not tell where the scratches are (and there's quite a few) sometimes. And then, there are days, where they jump out at you and you say sheeeeeeet, oh, ok, that's old.
Old 07-03-07, 11:04 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the best stock lexus color is glacier frost too bad its not offered on the rx
Old 07-04-07, 12:05 AM
Sir Topas
Driver School Candidate

It is just so interesting to me to hear which color choices you all favor! Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. I wouldn't even consider anything except Black ext. with Ivory or Black int. That is, until most dealers didn't have my desired configuration in stock! I ended up going with the White/Ivory(tan), which my fiancee and I both agreed on and now I am actually glad I got it because I like this configuration the best after having had some time with it. Because the tail lights are whitish-clear instead of red, I don't like the look of the rear of the RX350 in black (but all other angles look good). I was fine with the flint mica, but my girl hated it. We hated all the other colors except white. To each his and her own, so I guess I can't help you with color choice. Whatever color you end up getting is the right one!
Old 07-04-07, 03:19 AM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lexus Color

I had a Burnished Gold RX300. And when I was looking at the 350. I didnt like the Brandy Wine. I went with the Flint Mica. But now that I have it. I second guess myself. Should have went with the Bamboo Pearl.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with Color choice