RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Newbie with Harrier 240 here (56K = no no)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-10, 04:05 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I noticed that the Harrier has parking sensors (in the close up photos of the front and rear bumpers). There is also a monitoring device in the right hand corner of the instument panel. I am curious to know how many sensors there are on the back bumper and on the front. As well, is that system available for purchase from a dealer or is strictly available from the factory - we know than North American Lexus was not available with it - for some unknown reason...The side mirrors are also nice with the indicator lights built in!

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Canada
Old 04-12-10, 10:59 PM
240harrier
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Ah yes, my old thread under my previous user name... too bad I can't access this user name anymore

Originally Posted by wr332
nice house.
Thank you for your kind words

Originally Posted by dentate
I noticed that the Harrier has parking sensors (in the close up photos of the front and rear bumpers). There is also a monitoring device in the right hand corner of the instument panel. I am curious to know how many sensors there are on the back bumper and on the front. As well, is that system available for purchase from a dealer or is strictly available from the factory - we know than North American Lexus was not available with it - for some unknown reason...The side mirrors are also nice with the indicator lights built in!

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Canada
Hi,
There are four parking sensors in total with two installed toward the corners on each bumper; i.e. two on the front bumper and two on the rear bumper. This parking sensor came with the car and is actually one of OEM JDM Harriers' accessories along with side mirros with build in turn light indicators
The installation on these accessories were straight forward. Plus and play type of thing. During the installation of the parking sensor, you have to drill your bumpers to make holes for the sensors. But, not to worry, the are already marks for you to show where to drill. You should be able to see the marks when you open your bumpers and look on the inside.

The installation on the side mirros with build in turn light indicators is even easier. You just have to open your side mirrors covers and replace them with build in lights. Now, the question is, do US RXs came with wiring for these turn light indicators? If not, I'd say one needs to tap the turn lights wirings. When you decide to do this particular add on, I'd recommend to purchase a set of JDM side mirrors' motor as well. They have self folding feature

Last edited by 240harrier; 04-12-10 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-13-10, 06:36 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi 240 Harrier

Do you know if there is a website for the OEM JDM harriers' acccessories? I looked earlier tonight but coul dnot find anything--please advise!

Thanks!
dentate
Oshawa, On
canada
Old 04-14-10, 04:55 AM
240harrier
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by dentate
Hi 240 Harrier

Do you know if there is a website for the OEM JDM harriers' acccessories? I looked earlier tonight but coul dnot find anything--please advise!

Thanks!
dentate
Oshawa, On
canada

Hi Detante,

Not sure if there are any website for the OEM JDM harriers' accessories, but what parts are you inquiring about if you dont mind me asking? PM me

Thanks