RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

About to purchase RX 350 - Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 08:06 PM
Kan-O-Z
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to purchase RX 350 - Please help!

I am really confused with the options on this car. I initially thought it only had two option choices No Nav or with Nav. That's all the dealers seem to mention and that's all I see at the Lexus website when you click 'Build You RX'. Now I am learning there is a lot more options never mentioned to me by the sales people and not very obvious.

One of these that I am interested in is the Mark Levinson with Nav. Now I thought that all RX350s with Nav had the Mark Levinson but that's not true. I really want the upgraded system and the sales person told me that it's order only and not available on the lot. I thought this option was going to be too expensive so I was about to let it go but then I clicked on the 'Pricing and Options' and then 'Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Package' on the Lexus website and it came out to $6190.
Now when I click on 'Build Your RX', I see 'Luxury Value Edition with Additional Options' which is the one with Navigation. This one is basically the regular package and then they add on some options like the NAV, etc and it comes out to $6191.
So all this basically means that if you get the 'Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Package' on the RX you get all the same stuff as 'Luxury Value Edition with Additional Options' for the same price! So this means that you would get the upgraded system that also plays DVDs for the same price!

Am I missing something here? Actually perhaps the Mark Levinson package doesn't have the 18" wheels and heated seats which adds $1000 to the price. Is the Mark Levinson package much better than stock?

I know there is optional chrome/polished wheel option but I don't see it anywhere. How much is that?

Please help me out.

Kan-O-Z
Old 10-25-06, 06:24 AM
lok888
Pole Position

In my area, I can only get either Navigation with Premium Plus Package or Premium Plus Package without Navigation. Navigation doesn't come with Mark Levinson as standard. I've read (from this forum) that RX350 with Mark Levinson is built and shipped from Japan. People usually wait up to 3 months for one. And they are mainly ship to west coast. Or if you lucky, perhaps some customers are backing out their orders. I am not sure if dealers are ordering RX with ML package in large quautity.

I've seen one (AWD, Navi, Premium Plus, 18" wheels, heated seats, rain sensor, tow prep PLUS factory installed DVD) in my dealer. The MSRP for DVD is $1700.
Old 10-25-06, 07:31 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

I really wanted the Mark Levinson option too, but my dealer could not find one. I was told the same thing, that it would be at least 3 months to order one. It seems the west coast has much better access to the ML option.

I was not really happy about the ML option issue, since it was something I really wanted. Lexus devotes a whole page or two to the ML system in their '07 RX brochure. It should be an option that is available. Someone tried to tell me it was because it was a new model year, but that does not fly since it was also an option in the '06 model. Maybe Lexus has just underestimated the demand for the ML option.

The only chrome wheels I saw locally was one the dealer had in the showroom. They must have obtained the wheels locally or something. They had an add on sticker for an extra $2,200.