RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

No Song Details on '07 Nav w/ Vaistec

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-06, 07:19 PM
MJMeucci
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Song Details on '07 Nav w/ Vaistec

I had by SLI installed today and although I am so happy that I no longer have to make CD's for the RX I am a little disappointed that the song info does not show up on the Audio screen on the navi, only the LCD screen for the radio. I was hoping that since CD text showed up on the Navi that this would as well.

Does anyone know if it is possible that the unit was improperly installed? If not I can get used to it, it is just hard as all of the info (playlist and track) show up on the nav screen of my GX and I am so used to seeing it displayed that way.

Also if anyone is looking for an installer in the Pacific Northwest the guy who did mine did an excellent job and it only took him an hour. I wanted the plug in for the iPod in the sliding center console but the SLI hidden in the dash and he was able to do it for me with no problems.
Old 07-12-06, 07:32 PM
32kcolors
Pole Position

I haven't installed my SLI yet, but have you programmed your unit in CD changer emulation mode?
Old 07-12-06, 09:59 PM
srashid
Driver

Default SLI Install in NW

MJ I am in Seattle and looking for someone to do that install, so if you can post contact info that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-12-06, 10:45 PM
ChRX350
Driver School Candidate

Finally, fellow Washingtonians with the same issues. I just finished the install and I'm facing the same - no playlist, song details on my 07 RX 350 NAV screen. I've posted over on the VAIS TECH forums, but no replies as of yet.

I'm hopeful that someone will make the post to resolve this.
Old 07-13-06, 12:00 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i installed mine recently and did the CD emu mode. i don't know how it works on yours, but on my 04 RX you have to press TEXT to toggle between Playlist Name, Track Title, and Playlist#-Track# views. you can just leave it on Track Title once you've toggled so the song name appears when you Track up or down.

i don't know if that behavior is correct or not, but it's good enough for me. i was initially expecting it to scroll more like FM radio where the channel, artist and song title scroll through automatically, but the SLI isn't quite as sophisticated in that dept i guess...
Old 07-13-06, 12:24 AM
MJMeucci
Driver

Originally Posted by lexuslover
i installed mine recently and did the CD emu mode. i don't know how it works on yours, but on my 04 RX you have to press TEXT to toggle between Playlist Name, Track Title, and Playlist#-Track# views. you can just leave it on Track Title once you've toggled so the song name appears when you Track up or down.

i don't know if that behavior is correct or not, but it's good enough for me. i was initially expecting it to scroll more like FM radio where the channel, artist and song title scroll through automatically, but the SLI isn't quite as sophisticated in that dept i guess...
The Gen V navi in the 350 actually has an audio button so that audio details are shown on the navigation screen itself in addition to the LCD screen for the radio. Previous RX models do not have this button on the Nav.
Old 07-13-06, 12:28 AM
MJMeucci
Driver

Originally Posted by 32kcolors
I haven't installed my SLI yet, but have you programmed your unit in CD changer emulation mode?
I did not do the install myself but I am assuming that it is programmed in CD emulation mode because you push the Disc button twice to access the iPod features.

Also on a more or less related issue... there was a small piece of paper in the vaistech unit box that said that by installing the vaistech unit the "I agree" screen would be automatically overrided after 5 seconds. Not that I paid attention that well but I am pretty sure that I still had to push I agree, does anyone know if the unit really overrides the warning screen?

Last edited by MJMeucci; 07-13-06 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-13-06, 02:39 AM
spikerjack
Rookie

Originally Posted by MJMeucci
I had by SLI installed today and although I am so happy that I no longer have to make CD's for the RX I am a little disappointed that the song info does not show up on the Audio screen on the navi, only the LCD screen for the radio. I was hoping that since CD text showed up on the Navi that this would as well.

Does anyone know if it is possible that the unit was improperly installed? If not I can get used to it, it is just hard as all of the info (playlist and track) show up on the nav screen of my GX and I am so used to seeing it displayed that way.

Also if anyone is looking for an installer in the Pacific Northwest the guy who did mine did an excellent job and it only took him an hour. I wanted the plug in for the iPod in the sliding center "console but the SLI hidden in the dash and he was able to do it for me with no problems.

My SLI is still sitting in a box awaiting install but according to the VAIS website, artist and title information should show up on the Nav screen when configured correctly. Here is the link:

http://www.vaistech.com/sli.html

The specific section that states nav screen support says:

"SLI can be set up in CD changer emulation mode or MD changer emulation mode. We suggest to use MD changer mode ONLY if your Radio supports MiniDisc changer with MD-TEXT, otherwise MD CHANGER mode is useless. Playlist Title, Song Title, Artist Name and Album name information can be displayed on the Radio LCD or Navigation screen ONLY if Radio Receiver supports MD changer with MD-Text or CD changer with CD-Text. "

Hope that helps. I am certainly expecting Nav screen details from my ipod when I get the SLI installed in my RX350. I hope this isn't wishful thinking....

--Scott
Old 07-13-06, 07:20 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

I'm beginning to wonder if it's some sort of incompability issue with the new Gen 5 NAV system? Does anyone have the 07' RX350 and is able to see song details on the NAV screen?
Old 07-13-06, 09:38 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Originally Posted by MJMeucci
Also on a more or less related issue... there was a small piece of paper in the vaistech unit box that said that by installing the vaistech unit the "I agree" screen would be automatically overrided after 5 seconds. Not that I paid attention that well but I am pretty sure that I still had to push I agree, does anyone know if the unit really overrides the warning screen?
i am having the same problem. i even followed the instructions myself to toggle between them once i figured out it wasn't bypassing the message automatically. still nothing. i haven't had time yet to contact Vaistech about it. and i have an 04 RX, so the fact that your 07 doesn't do it either concerns me a bit.
Old 07-13-06, 11:13 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=vaistech

Are units lacking the yellow sticker defective in the warning override?
Old 07-13-06, 11:31 AM
MJMeucci
Driver

Originally Posted by spikerjack
My SLI is still sitting in a box awaiting install but according to the VAIS website, artist and title information should show up on the Nav screen when configured correctly. Here is the link:

http://www.vaistech.com/sli.html

The specific section that states nav screen support says:

"SLI can be set up in CD changer emulation mode or MD changer emulation mode. We suggest to use MD changer mode ONLY if your Radio supports MiniDisc changer with MD-TEXT, otherwise MD CHANGER mode is useless. Playlist Title, Song Title, Artist Name and Album name information can be displayed on the Radio LCD or Navigation screen ONLY if Radio Receiver supports MD changer with MD-Text or CD changer with CD-Text. "

Hope that helps. I am certainly expecting Nav screen details from my ipod when I get the SLI installed in my RX350. I hope this isn't wishful thinking....

--Scott
This actually may be the solution to my problem, in my GX the unit is definitely set up to MD emulation where as the GX is set up as CD changer emulation. I am going to try and change this and see if it changes anything...

Edit: On second thought, does anyone who has the SLI installed have it set up on MD emulation? I figure that asking is a lot easier than ripping apart my dash looking for the SLI since I have no clue where the installer put it.

Edit 2: Actually I don't think that our radio supports MD emulation after looking at the application guide from vaistech, it shows the RX350 supporting CD changer emulation

Last edited by MJMeucci; 07-13-06 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-13-06, 11:41 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Oh man, the unit is supposed to be in an easily accessible place. Wait for lexuslover's pics so you can see the 30 second off side panel.
Old 07-13-06, 11:43 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

UPDATE - I posted this on the GX forum as well as Vais forum

hi, i have an 04 RX330 and am experiencing the EXACT same problem. everthing else is working great, but the I Agree Bypass is not functional.

i already called Vais about it and they seem to agree w/ me that the I Agree Bypass is only functional on certain Model years.

what i can tell you is that my friend and i did a side by side install. i have the 04 RX330 w/ GEN 3 NAV SYSTEM. he has the 06 RX400h w/ GEN 4 NAV SYSTEM. the bypass works on the Gen 4 nav, but not my Gen 3 nav. we even swapped SLI's temporarily while doing the install and my SLI performed the bypass in his car, while it would not do mine.

So I guess what i am saying is that it doesn't appear to be able to do the Bypass on Gen 3 Nav systems. Can you confirm what Generation you have? Gen 3 nav is the one in 04 that does not have bluetooth capability. (If you have BT, then yours is Gen 4 Nav)

Thanks.

it's a bummer that it won't work on the Gen 3 Nav, but after 5 years my index finger reaching for the right hand corner is like second nature
Old 07-13-06, 11:43 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Edit 2: Actually I don't think that our radio supports MD emulation after looking at the application guide from vaistech, it shows the RX350 supporting CD changer emulation
Correct. We still have yet to hear from a RX350 owner who's able to see the song details on the NAV screen with the SLI.

Quick Reply: No Song Details on '07 Nav w/ Vaistec