RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

rx330 making weird noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 12:53 AM
kimmy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rx330 making weird noise

my rx330 makes a noise that sounds like two metals are clinking together when i drive around 10-15 miles per hour. the dealer was not sure why my car was making the noise, he told me to use better gas but i do not think that is the problem because I have been using the 91 octaine. when they couldnt address the problem, i contacted lexus manufactural and when they examined my car they told me that it was normal for the car to make that noise. but i honestly do not think it is normal for any car to make that noise. does anyone else's car make that noise ?
Old 02-01-06, 05:44 AM
SouthFL
Driver School Candidate

sounds like they are giving you the run around because they dont want to fix it you either need to go to a different service department or bitc h like theres no tomorrow.
Old 02-01-06, 10:39 AM
kimmy
Driver School Candidate

i have been complaining, that is why the lexus manufactural, not the individual dealer examined my car. any suggestions of what I should do next ?? should I go to a different dealer ?
Old 02-01-06, 12:12 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kimmy
my rx330 makes a noise that sounds like two metals are clinking together when i drive around 10-15 miles per hour. the dealer was not sure why my car was making the noise, he told me to use better gas but i do not think that is the problem because I have been using the 91 octaine. when they couldnt address the problem, i contacted lexus manufactural and when they examined my car they told me that it was normal for the car to make that noise. but i honestly do not think it is normal for any car to make that noise. does anyone else's car make that noise ?

I would check the heat sheild plates and make sure they are all tight or my next step would be to check the catalist converter.
Old 06-28-06, 11:34 AM
jbusch
Driver School Candidate

Default Clicking Noise near front seat

May have figured this one out. There are four bolts that hold down the drivers front seat. Each is covered by a plastic cap. Pull the one on the front left corner off and turn it over. Notice a slot on the back of the cap which is suppose to slide over a metal tab for support. The tab is part of the seat railing. In order for the metal tab to slide into the slot it has to be vertical. In my case the tab was never bend down in manufacturing. Computer glitch perhaps?? It was sticking out horizontally and any movement in the seat made this plastic cap snap up and down on this tab. Bend it down and slide the cap back on and I bet your problem will go away.
Old 06-30-06, 02:37 AM
navilexus
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kimmy
This is the second week I have the Lexus RX350. Before I trade my Honda Pilot 2003, I was having the same problem CLOCK!!!! noise from an Engine. Dealer stated that is normal, then come the Honda Tech; they replace water pump, y exhasut, timing belt, alternator....still noise.

By the time Dealer & Honda Tech think it was the valve was loosing it was already 4 month, then I decided to switch to Lexus.