RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2005+ Enter Destinations While Driving w/o mods or splicing

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-05, 07:50 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005+ Enter Destinations While Driving w/o mods or splicing

This was posted on the GS forum and I also reposted on the GX forum. I frequent there a lot. It has been confirmed on 4th Gen nav systems (the RX for 2005+ being included). I tried it on my '05 RX and it worked. I thought I owed it to my buds over here in the RX forum who aren't lurking in the GS area. However, 2003 and 2004's CANNOT do this using these directions I already tried it on my '04 GX.. I hope you enjoy this. Be safe, be courteous, don't you do it while driving, let the passengers do it or else pull over.

I hope nobody is angry I am reposting this in other model forums. I just think it is a sizeable discovery that should be shared with everyone, not just the fortunate who frequent the GS board. This sure changes a lot for me when I am riding with a passenger to input stuff w/o having to stop on the side of a highway.

Originally Posted by E55_POWER
Here's a try....

Hit MENU button on the right side of screen you should come to this window.

Click on Volume. Once in the Volume MENU, click on top left where the picture of the speaker is

Then Click on bottom left (I know there's nothing there but click on it

Then Click on top left again, the picture of the speaker

Then Click on the bottom left again

It should bring you the SERVICE MENU

Once here, click on OVERRIDE but keep holding it til you here a beep. Once you hear a beep, the OVERRIDE should be highlighted like below.

You MUST do this everytime you start your car. I have confirmed that this works on 2005 LS430 as well. Have not tried any other cars.

HAVE FUN PEOPLE!
Old 07-22-05, 07:36 AM
asimo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great!!! it worked on my 05 rx330
Old 07-22-05, 05:27 PM
dadcat1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! It worked great on my '06 RX400h.
Old 07-23-05, 02:22 PM
vicpai
Pole Position

Thumbs up YOU ARE SIMPLY THE GREATEST!!!! - Thanks a million!!

Originally Posted by yaro1
This was posted on the GS forum and I also reposted on the GX forum. I frequent there a lot. It has been confirmed on 4th Gen nav systems (the RX for 2005+ being included). I tried it on my '05 RX and it worked. I thought I owed it to my buds over here in the RX forum who aren't lurking in the GS area. However, 2003 and 2004's CANNOT do this using these directions I already tried it on my '04 GX.. I hope you enjoy this. Be safe, be courteous, don't you do it while driving, let the passengers do it or else pull over.

I hope nobody is angry I am reposting this in other model forums. I just think it is a sizeable discovery that should be shared with everyone, not just the fortunate who frequent the GS board. This sure changes a lot for me when I am riding with a passenger to input stuff w/o having to stop on the side of a highway.
.....I don't own a Lexus with an OEM NAV, but my cousin owns an '05 RX, which I drive sometimes. ONE OF the biggest beefs I've had with Toyota and their Nav systems (compared with my Acura TL and MDX units) is the fact that Toyota thinks that they must act as the "Navigation Police" ......It's about time someone discovered a way to override this idiotic insanity of Toyota. I'm a Mortgage broker, and in the real estate business I frequently travel with my partner, who generally inputs clients addresses "on the run" . Besides this, when travelling with family and friends on a trip, in unfamiliar areas, my girlfriend sitting in the passenger seat could very well be inputting POI destinations etc. on the move, instead of just sitting there unable to do anything because of Toyota's stupidity
Old 07-30-05, 09:21 PM
BFPRX330
Driver School Candidate

While doing this to my RX, I accidently hit the "TEL VOICE" button, and then quickly shut the car off. Could doing this have caused any ill affects? Thanks
Old 07-31-05, 06:15 PM
Philly400h
Driver School Candidate

Worked on my 400h also.
Thanks to this "easter egg" my wife can browse destinations as I drive.

Thanks so much for posting this info!
Old 08-01-05, 06:40 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Darn it! I have already heard it doesnt work on the 04 RX330, but if we could get into the service menu--do we have an override feature in there???? If so can someone find it please?

How do we get into the service menu?
Old 08-01-05, 07:39 PM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Booyah
How do we get into the service menu?
This thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=161057
Has the instructions for accessing the service menu on the '04, plus a description of the menu layout. The override isn't in there.
Old 08-01-05, 09:21 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rxdriver
This thread:
Has the instructions for accessing the service menu on the '04, plus a description of the menu layout. The override isn't in there.

So I guess we are hosed
Old 08-03-05, 10:51 PM
2004RX330
Rookie

Originally Posted by rxdriver
This thread:
There should be a way after you get in the service menu on the 04, someone claims that there is also showing something in japanese may be is under there. Can someone get a translator for japanese??
Old 08-27-05, 09:28 AM
wrahn
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks For Sharing

It worked for my '05 330. Thanks for sharing. Now we have to learn a work around to rid us of the "I Accept" screen.
Old 08-27-05, 09:35 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

The accept screen is a very minor thing to me! I dont worry about that at all
Old 08-27-05, 09:39 AM
Lvangundy

works on 01 GS430.

menu > system option > top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left, bottom right. >override > back

must do this before you start driving.
Old 09-05-05, 11:34 AM
davep2726
Driver School Candidate

works on the 04 RX330.

Bring up the DVD screen (with the software version number).

Then; top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left, bottom right. > override (hold for several seconds until override lights up) > back

Dave P.
Old 09-07-05, 04:25 AM
shikbas
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi, i looked at the rx 330 2004 navigation as you mentioned and there was nothing in dvd version to touch,can you please explain more. thanks

Quick Reply: 2005+ Enter Destinations While Driving w/o mods or splicing