RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2005+ Enter Destinations While Driving w/o mods or splicing

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-05, 12:09 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shikbas
Hi, i looked at the rx 330 2004 navigation as you mentioned and there was nothing in dvd version to touch,can you please explain more. thanks
there are no particular icons to touch. just touch the corner areas. when the DVD version info is displayed, just hit the corners as described above. it works.

also, unlike the newer Gen4 software, you must do this at a stop, because you can't access the DVD version screen while in motion.
Old 09-14-05, 08:23 AM
shikbas
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi,i am sorry but i did try and it didnot work.Is there any tip please. Thanks,it is rx330 04
Old 09-14-05, 12:34 PM
wrahn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning Off The Rear Door Open Alarm

Recently I drove my 2005 RX330 with the rear door open, and the alarm kept ringing and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Normally I wouldn't ride with the rear door open, but there are times when it might be necessary. So, does anyone on this forum know how to turn off the "rear door open" alarm?

Thanks,

Wes
Old 09-14-05, 09:52 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The funny part about this override, to me at least, is that you can perform the override steps on the go... hahah
Old 09-19-05, 05:21 AM
shikbas
Intermediate

hi,it worked for 04 rx330.thanks
Old 10-02-05, 01:49 AM
SC2005
Driver School Candidate

Question Nav System Menu

I have been able to follow the instructions and Override the system in my 2005 SC 430. However, I would really like to know if anyone can provide insight as to the functions of the other buttons on this screen (i.e., TEL Voice, GPS, etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks. :confused:
Old 10-02-05, 09:32 AM
billygarre
Driver School Candidate

Well folks, I have spent all Sunday afternoon here in the UK trying to finf the overide without success. It just will not repond as kindly described by Yaro 1 on https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171662
I have made some discoveries however. If you hold in the INFO button and sitch on a nd off the sidelightd repeatedly, it brings up various menus if you have enough patience. The trouble is I don't understand a lot of them
I did notice a mention of TV antenna setting being OFF. I wonder is there a way of turning it on

I have an extra option for BT Voice qualit check for the phone but there is no response from the camera check. Hoewever I accidentally found I could sitch on the camera in order to set the reversing lines, but I couldn't repaet it so don't know how to d o it again

It is an interesting treasure hunt Over to you guys!
Old 10-02-05, 12:16 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by billygarre
. If you hold in the INFO button and sitch on a nd off the sidelightd repeatedly, it brings up various menus if you have enough patience. I did notice a mention of TV antenna setting being OFF. I wonder is there a way of turning it on

I have an extra option for BT Voice qualit check for the phone but there is no response from the camera check. Hoewever I accidentally found I could sitch on the camera in order to set the reversing lines, but I couldn't repaet it so don't know how to d o it again

It is an interesting treasure hunt Over to you guys!

I dont understand your first sentance (sitch on a nd off the sidelightd repeatedly)
I would like to play around a little too

I take it you have a 05 RX330?

Its really simple to get to the override screen. Get to the screen that has the DVD button in the right corner....push it. Now in this order 1. On the left side of the screen touch the top left corner, bottom left corner, top left corner, bottom left corner, THEN bottom righ corner----you should have the menu options wi the override button there.....Now just push and hold the override button till you hear a beep and your done!!

Last edited by Booyah; 10-02-05 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-02-05, 12:28 PM
billygarre
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for the typo. More haste less speed.
It should read

"If you hold in the INFO button and switch on and off the sidelights repeatedly,"
4 or 5 clicks usually does it.

Alternatively, when in the first menu, you can go to the next one by pressing top left and bottom right.

Have fun
Old 10-05-05, 10:33 AM
shikbas
Intermediate

hi,what you mean by sidelights please.
Old 10-05-05, 03:33 PM
billygarre
Driver School Candidate

Tail lights or parking lights.
When in second menu if you try pressing camera option, you can bring camera on.
mine comes on only when car is moving.
It is funny watching the road fly past in reverse.
You can come out of these menus by holding in the Display button for 10 seconds or so or by switching off igntion.
\
I still can't find overide
Maybe UK model is different...
Old 10-07-05, 06:07 AM
shikbas
Intermediate

hi,i got to those menues,i am wondering if you can use those settings to change the touch screen sensitivity.
Old 10-07-05, 02:55 PM
billygarre
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shikbas
hi,i got to those menues,i am wondering if you can use those settings to change the touch screen sensitivity.
I doubt it. I haven't seen that facility....
Old 11-16-05, 07:47 AM
HokiPoki
Driver School Candidate

Default Works!

Originally Posted by davep2726
works on the 04 RX330.

Bring up the DVD screen (with the software version number).

Then; top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left, bottom right. > override (hold for several seconds until override lights up) > back

Dave P.

Thanks Dave P. Works great on our 2004 RX330. Looks like the other override might work on the new IS250 if/when we get it.
Old 01-03-06, 11:39 PM
NYCLex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by davep2726
works on the 04 RX330.

Bring up the DVD screen (with the software version number).

Then; top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left, bottom right. > override (hold for several seconds until override lights up) > back

Dave P.
Dave... I'm not following this thread perfectly, so when you say "works on the 04 RX330" - what are you saying worked exactly? I mean what were the steps to get to the diagnostic screen. Somebody posted something about a GS430 right above you, so I wasn't sure if that's what you were talking about - or something else.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2005+ Enter Destinations While Driving w/o mods or splicing