RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Another Question with Comment about the RX 330

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-05, 04:32 AM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Another Question with Comment about the RX 330

I am curious about the Sunroof operations on the RX 330.
And maybe I need to read the manual , which I haven't really had time to do since I bought it.

I Noticed something with the RX 330 that if I recall was available on the RX 300, the sunroof was a one touch operation when opening it all the way. I have tried several things with the RX 330 switch, like holding it down for an extra second and using the other switch and it still seems that to open it you have to hold the button down.

Has anyone noticed this too or am I missing something. Or should I just make time to read the manual..... lol.... . ?
Old 02-11-05, 05:28 AM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You're not missing anything... it's supposed to be one-touch operation. Sounds like the dealer didn't initialize it properly during the pre-delivery setup.

Here's how to initialize it:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position.
2. Push and hold the buttons while performing the following operations:
- Close roof
- Full tilt up
- Full tilt down
- Full slide open
- Full slide closed
3.That's it! Verify that one-touch open and tilt both work.

The power back door and power windows also have similar initialization sequences. The computer just needs to "learn" where full open and full closed are on the motors. Of course, it's tested at the factory, but the battery power is disconnected for transportation to the dealer.
Old 02-15-05, 02:12 AM
Domo-Kun
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you referring to the normal one-touch operation of your sunroof or the extra 1/2 inch your can retract the sunroof if you push the sunroof button again?

If you push the sunroof button and the sunroof does not do the one touch operation then go to the dealer.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but once your sunroof has gone all the way back, if you press the sunroof button again, the sunroof panel will go back another 1/2 inch.

It is the same with my '01 IS300. check it out if you have not already tried it.
Old 02-15-05, 02:36 AM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Default Sunroof works fine now.

Thanx man, I finally had time to sit in the vehicle and do all those steps and get the sunroof to do what it is suppose to.
So now I have the one touch open and close thing working, and yes I knew about the extra inch or so that it opens when you touch the button again. That was the same thing on my RX300. I should know I practically wore that sunroof out cruisin' the beach ever summer. Well, practically anytime it was warm here and as well as having old dog out cruisin after a session in the surf. Looking forward to cruisin this one after a morning session , when I get my body kit from Japan, ( oh yeah that is right......oops did I say that ' body kit' out loud )

Peace

Last edited by LophatRX; 02-15-05 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-15-05, 05:26 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Beach Cruisin'

Originally Posted by LophatRX
I should know I practically wore that sunroof out cruisin' the beach ever summer. Well, practically anytime it was warm here and as well as having old dog out cruisin after a session in the surf.
I love crusin' the beach with my old dog too . . . she stretches her head out the window, long hair streaming in the breeze, ears flapping and eyes squinting. Of course it makes her sneeze and drool a lot, but what the heck . . . I married her for her good looks!

I think I just blew all my Valentine's Day points . . . I'm going to go hide now . . .
Old 02-16-05, 04:00 PM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Default 'Old Dog '

actually I was refering to the Old RX300 that was a victim of reality, and the New Dog is the New RX 330 it's replacement. (sorry to hear you call your significant other the ' Old Dog')

lol
Old 03-07-05, 09:57 AM
RXGOLD
Rookie

Originally Posted by Domo-Kun
Are you referring to the normal one-touch operation of your sunroof or the extra 1/2 inch your can retract the sunroof if you push the sunroof button again?

If you push the sunroof button and the sunroof does not do the one touch operation then go to the dealer.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but once your sunroof has gone all the way back, if you press the sunroof button again, the sunroof panel will go back another 1/2 inch.

It is the same with my '01 IS300. check it out if you have not already tried it.
Yes, I have the same issue as you. Pressing it again, it opens back another 1/2 inch on the sunroof. Does everyone have the same problem? Or this is the way it supposed to work???
Old 03-07-05, 12:30 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RXGOLD
Yes, I have the same issue as you. Pressing it again, it opens back another 1/2 inch on the sunroof. Does everyone have the same problem? Or this is the way it supposed to work???
It supposed to be that way. Mine does it as well. Why? I really don't know, but it is normal.
Old 03-07-05, 04:13 PM
thelarry
Driver School Candidate

Default That extra 1/2 inch on the sunroof

It has to do with wind entering the vehicle. Believe it or not, that extra 1/2 inch causes a disproportionate amount of wind to enter the car, and reduce efficiency.