RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2005 RX330 Fog Lights 9006 brand??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-06, 05:44 PM
RiNsE_OuT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not that bad

Not as hard as you might think. Trust me, I was hesitant to start pulling away body parts especially since I've only had my RX350 for a little over a week , but it was not that bad. And much, much easier than trying to navigate your hand and arm (blindly) through a small hole in the bumper, which seems impossible to me get a bulb out, yet alone put another one back in.
I swapped mine out tonight using the same process, basically removed the one allen screw on the front outside edge of the wheel well, and then the two bolts holding the small mud-guard looking thing in the front. You have to do little bit of pulling and prying, but it's pretty flexible and pulls to the side easily. You then have very easy access to the bulbs. The whole process took me less then 20 minutes. Installed PIAA HB Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs, and they look sweet, match the HIDs very nice:
Attached Thumbnails 2005 RX330 Fog Lights 9006 brand??-dcp_0001.jpg  
Old 04-24-06, 10:48 PM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rinse_out,

Those fog lights look awesome! I noticed though on the PIAA website, these are 110w each. My only worries is that it might get too hot inside the fog light compartment. Do you know what the wattage is on the OEM factory fog lights that came with the car?

Thanks........
Old 04-26-06, 11:17 AM
RiNsE_OuT
Driver School Candidate

No, I don't know the output wattage of the OEMs, good question I've been trying to find that out. I know that the draw is 51W on the OEMs and the PIAAs are 55, which worries me a little, need to do some more research.
BTW, I plan to get some Polarg M4's wedges for the parking lights next. I'll post pics over in the Lighting forum once I get them installed.

peace

Last edited by RiNsE_OuT; 04-26-06 at 11:19 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 04-27-06, 10:04 PM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

I've decided to go with the Piaa Xtreme Plus 9006. 51w=115w. Talked to Piaa customer service and they told me that the Xtreme Plus are a bit brighter 15% more than the HB Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs. The Xtreme Plus has the bluish/white color.
Old 05-03-06, 06:46 PM
Vinnyraj
Driver

Default Bulbs

Rinse_out

After I returned the PIAA xtreme white 9005 to replace the DRLs, i tried the Nokya bulbs. They were a little better, but still matched the factory yellow Halogen color.

Where did you end up getting the foglights?

btw, I think I am getting my A/V work done by Sound Solutions in Chantilly. I am getting the monitors in the headrests installed,along with a dvd player and a video switcher. I have the Vais Tech (Soundgate) ipod integration module and have already installed a 10" infinity sub in the back. I just ordered the 20" Juno Lux Rims and TTE springs from L-Tuned...should have them in about 8-10 weeks.

I'll take pics of the inside A/V work when i get it done in the next few weeks. The rims / lowering will happen towards the end of June or early July.
Old 05-04-06, 03:27 PM
RiNsE_OuT
Driver School Candidate

Default PIAA GT-x Plasmas

I got the fog lights online from RHAD Performance (through amazon.com). Just search Automotive for PIAA and they should show up.

BTW, I won't be doing any new mods on the RX350 for a little while. I got rear-ended last week, banged up the rear hatch and bumper pretty bad. So it's off to the body shop after having it for a grand total of nine days!
Old 05-04-06, 04:15 PM
Vinnyraj
Driver

OH damn...that realllllly sucks....sorry to hear that. 9 days?!

maybe you should get the WALD rear bumper since you may be getting a new bumper anyway...its actually pretty reasonably priced...i am getting prices from D2Auto up in New England for the full kit. You can buy one piece at a time. L-Tuned gets them too. I spoke to D2Auto, and they said they get them pretty quickly. Just a thought.
Old 05-04-06, 06:16 PM
sharpener
Driver

how much did juno lux cost u?
personally i like juno vogue 22"
Old 05-09-06, 10:39 AM
Vinnyraj
Driver

the juno lux wheels are costing me a little over $3100. I havent priced tires for it yet...

im sure i didnt get the best deal...but 3g's for 20s chromed is about average. D2auto has some nice wheels for the rx too...

i thought about 22s...but i use this car in and around DC and Pittsburgh...and the roads downtown would mess up the wheels...im not really gonna put the car in shows...so..for fairly regular use...i think im safe with the 20s. further, since I did buy a lexus, i would like to keep the lexus feel / ride to an extent...im just trying to enhance the look and handling a little bit.

ill take a picture of the monitors I got installed...I have wood trim around the screens that give it a really nice look.

Last edited by Vinnyraj; 05-09-06 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-10-06, 01:24 AM
sharpener
Driver

yep. i agree, 22' has nice looks, but the ride would be compromise..real jumpy especially with those low profile tyres,
pls post pics once u fitin juno lux, i also like tat also, just tat i never seen a sample on a rx330 b4, only on rx300
Old 05-10-06, 05:40 PM
RiNsE_OuT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lextranny
I've decided to go with the Piaa Xtreme Plus 9006. 51w=115w. Talked to Piaa customer service and they told me that the Xtreme Plus are a bit brighter 15% more than the HB Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs. The Xtreme Plus has the bluish/white color.
Hey Lextranny, have you installed the Xtreme Plus bulbs yet? Would love to know how they turned out. I think I am going to switch out the Super Plasmas. It doesn't really show in the picture that I posted, but they are a little too purple'ish for me (bordering on violet) and not really a good match to the HID's. Same with the Polarg M4's in the parking lights, which I will probably replace with LED super whites. I'm wanting something more white/blue.

thx
Old 05-12-06, 03:51 PM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Not yet....i'll keep you post it.
Old 05-15-06, 07:29 PM
mseymour
Driver School Candidate

I actually went a step further and swapped the foglight bulbs with PIAA yellow ion bulbs. I pulled them off the 4Runner I traded in for the RX330. Only thing is, on the 4Runner they came off more yellow and more like the foglights on IS's and GS's. On the RX it seems to lose some of the yellow in how it reflects.
Old 05-26-06, 09:40 PM
RiNsE_OuT
Driver School Candidate

OK, I finally settled on the MTEC Cosmos Blue 9006 for my foglights. They look fantastic and definitely not as purple as the PIAA Plasmas. I also swapped out the OEM parking wedge bulbs for a pair of 5-light LEDs that I got cheap on EBAY, and installed Polarg M4 wedges in the driver and passenger door courtesy lights. Pics are up over in the lighting forum.
Old 09-30-13, 08:03 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Time to resurrect an old thread...

On way out the door this evening to grab a bite to eat I went ahead and performed a normal walk around my RX330 for a safety inspection. As part of this process I make sure to check that all the tires are OK and that all the headlights, turn signals, brake lights, etc. are all working. Unfortunately, my RX failed the inspection. Turns out the fog light on the passenger side is out. After 10 years I guess this is OK. Second bulb to go out with the first being the backlighting on the PRNDL gear shift.

While watching the Rays game on TV, and waiting for the government to shutdown, I am sitting here searching the CL forums and the internet in general looking at my options. Figured I would throw this out to the crowd for discussion as it has not come up for discussion of recent memory.

Would like to stick with the approximate specs of a color temp of 4200K, 55W, 9006 bulb if at all possible. Upgrades are a consideration, however, no HID conversion kits. Just want to stick with the bulb only. Will be replacing both sides at the same time as this is just how I do things like this. Why replace one when you can replace two at twice the price. Could just go cheap like the following on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOT-9006-HB4-OEM-55W-Xenon-Halogen-Headlight-4300K-Amber-White-Clear-Light-Bulb-/181209172622?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a30e88a8e&vxp=mtr
I do drive a number of back roads at night <insert Springsteen tune here> with high speed limits and there are a number of critters out in this area come nighttime, so having a bright light with a good spread is important.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Quick Reply: 2005 RX330 Fog Lights 9006 brand??