RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Breakwater BLUE Color Question: Is this a color exclusively for the "Ladies"??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-04, 12:02 AM
gs4to4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breakwater BLUE Color Question: Is this a color exclusively for the "Ladies"??

So my fiance wants the RX in Breakwater Blue. Overall I like the car but since I'll be driving it often, just having second thoughts on that color. What do you guys think?
Old 09-22-04, 12:22 AM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think BB is a total "female color", but I didn't care for it upon first seeing it. Choose another color and toss a coin!
Old 09-22-04, 02:28 AM
rl9905
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion, yes, Breakwater Blue seems to be a soft color, which might bring out your feminen side. Maybe a more masculine color would be black, fint mica, silver or somthin. But honestly, even thou your fiance likes that color, what is really important is that YOU WILL BE DRIVING IT. not her...... Just go with your instinct and whatever makes you comfortable. Let me guess, the reason why your fiance said Breakwatever Blue is because you ask for her opinion, it doesn't mean you have to stick with her opinion because she said so. Just remember that once you have your RX you'll be stuck with it. Personally, whatever color makes you happy then just go for it. Don't ever pick a color that you honestly dont like or else you'll always feel ashame or unhappy whenever you see your car. Remember, whatever car you drive is what people think of you, same goes for color.

But hey, those who are currently driving a Breakwatever Blue, I don't mean any offense okay, it's just only my opinon

Good Luck gs4to4
Old 09-22-04, 07:54 AM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Remember, whatever car you drive is what people think of you, same goes for color
This might be a fact for many people in this society, but I think it's sad if we've REALLY attached ourselves to our car's identity THIS much. The marketers have obviously won this battle. It is a heap of metal, molded and painted ... little more in actuality.

Sorry to bring this into this, but the statement just seemed ultra-ridiculous to me.

In regards to the question .... drive the color you'd feel most comfortable with since you'll be driving it most of the time.
Old 09-22-04, 08:11 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I think he is saying he doesnt really like that color! Me personally I would never buy that color, unless stricly for the women---Im sure you can convince of her of any other color out there--I would skip the blue if at all possible, thats just me though
Old 09-22-04, 11:17 AM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Yeah I don't really care for it either.
Old 09-22-04, 12:08 PM
rl9905
Driver

Originally posted by Husker4the
It is a heap of metal, molded and painted ... little more in actuality.
Haha, yea you just reminded me of my Drivers Education teacher. I remember my driver ed teacher said to the whole class, "Dont ever fall in love with a car, its just a piece of metal that get's you from point A to Point B."

Last edited by rl9905; 09-22-04 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-22-04, 12:11 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Well it's mostly true ... the rest is created in your mind.
Old 09-22-04, 06:14 PM
rx300mm
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have seen many guys driviing BB colour, it is a new shade of blue/silver, I think it looks great and with blk seats..it is better then silver/blk.
Since I have a silver RX, I would now be looking for darker/black colour.
Old 09-22-04, 10:05 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by rl9905
a car get's you from point A to Point B."
Sounds like my mom!?!
Old 09-22-04, 10:36 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

yeah bro, i think its a little on the softy side. Ummm....i guess Pastel colors almost. But like everyone else said, its your car, so do what you choose. I personally wouldnt buy that color. Maybe you can get some brush guards or something, to give it a mascular look to it, or tint the front windows, or just get silver or white. Those are some very nuetral colors. I dont think they should spark much conflict.
Old 09-22-04, 11:21 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank goodness Lexus doesn't have a "Legally Blonde Pink" color. This forum would've gone wild.

How about bringing back that discontinued "Lipstick Red" for 1999 RX?
Old 09-23-04, 03:53 PM
wonjoon
Banned

People Please please this is america who cares what others think .
Go for what you like the most. Also, there is no such thing as who drives what color car and which gender is most likely driving which color car. In country I came from mem represents blue and women red. Is that mean men should drive blue category car and our ladies should drive red category car?
No way , Jose I don't think so.
I drive BWB color myself and I love every monent of it.
Then again women better for milano red RX330 if they ever make one.
Speaking of colors, I personally want Lexus to build these colors for RX330.
Milano red
Canalry yellow
Old 09-23-04, 04:58 PM
BOWTIE 3
Driver

Default Is Blue a ladies color?

I've been in the automotive industry for over 30 years and ANY medium blue on ANY car has always been referred to as " MENOPAUSE BLUE ". Probably why there aren't many trucks offered in that color. Also ever since the RX 300 has been out I'd say most of the owners I've seen have been women. That's why a lot of women drive them and men DON'T.
Old 09-23-04, 05:00 PM
rl9905
Driver

Originally posted by wonjoon
In country I came from mem represents blue and women red. I personally want Lexus to build these colors for RX330 Milano red Canalry yellow

Well, maybe in your country where men represent blue, the blue that you are refering too is probably dark blue or navy blue. But "Break Water Blue" is a soft color, which is somwhat kinda like baby blue, and baby blue is favored by mostly females.

And as for a yellow RX330, I can't even imagine that. If RX330 does have yellow, it looses it luxury value. Maybe yellow would be good for sports car and stuff but not for a Luxury car that is formal.

Quick Reply: Breakwater BLUE Color Question: Is this a color exclusively for the "Ladies"??