RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Wait for the 2016 Lexus RX or 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 04:46 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

also, what needs to be noted is that yours and mine opinion might differ from ryaans or anyone else's. We often got excited by cars that ended up being not successful.

At the same time, even the spyshots show very robust and masculine vehicle.
Old 03-30-15, 04:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf;
We often got excited by cars that ended up being not successful.
Given the RX's sales history, it would be hard to imagine the new one not being successful. But, granted, it does face more competition today than previous versions did, not to mention the impact that its little brother NX could have one step below it.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-30-15 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-30-15, 05:23 PM
airgas1998
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Let me just preface that, had my 2014 GC been in the shop as much as my 2011 I'd have been pissed lol. I rolled the dice and I won...but no vehicle is worth having it constantly be in the shop with no loaners, etc. That sucks.

If you're looking for a good Jeep forum, try www.jeepgarage.com. I post there (not as much as I do here, but I lurk and read) and I've found that Chrysler seems to have gotten their sh together, and a lot of the problem threads are about the early WK2 (like my 2011) and the early 2014 refresh model which had a lot of electrical and infotainment glitches. Mine is a late-build 2014, and its been really a joy. You don't read nearly as many issues with the 2015s either.
please add if any 8spd transmission issues you may have heard are primarily from the ones bolted to the pentastar only. the diesel and hemi have the direct bolt on from zf (8hp70) whereas the v6 is fiat/jeep/chrysler modified. (845re)
Old 03-30-15, 08:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Yeah typically with the 6. I have the 6, no issues with my transmission.
Old 04-01-15, 08:03 AM
tdougherty
Driver School Candidate

So the new RX is in. I love it and hate it. Am I the only one that thinks the design looks a bit gimmicky? Part of me likes it from certain angles and greatly dislikes it from others. I get the feeling that this style won't last many years... Another concern I have is if the fsport seats are as small and restricting as they are on the NX. I'm a 6'2 fit guy and I found them uncomfortable. A lot of my clients don't have my health practices.

I was really hoping that this would clear the air between my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit vs 16' RX decision.

Any know about hybrid mpg? Price?

I still think the JGC Summit is a more attractive car. Perhaps the RX would wow me in person.
Old 04-01-15, 08:04 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tdougherty
So the new RX is in. I love it and hate it. Am I the only one that thinks the design looks a bit gimmicky? Part of me likes it from certain angles and greatly dislikes it from others. I get the feeling that this style won't last many years... Another concern I have is if the fsport seats are as small and restricting as they are on the NX. I'm a 6'2 fit guy and I found them uncomfortable. A lot of my clients don't have my health practices.

I was really hoping that this would clear the air between my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit vs 16' RX decision.

I still think the JGC Summit is a more attractive car. Perhaps the RX would wow me in person.
At least at this point for me,I'd go '16 Summit.
Old 04-01-15, 08:34 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Another concern I have is if the fsport seats are as small and restricting as they are on the NX. I'm a 6'2 fit guy and I found them uncomfortable. A lot of my clients don't have my health practices.
Keep in mind that the NX F Sport seats are smaller (narrower) than the ones in the IS. Given that the RX is a lot bigger than the NX, I would assume the F Sport seats are at least as big as they are in the IS, if not bigger.
Old 04-01-15, 09:05 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the information on the latest RX at a meeting last year. The press pictures which were released on the Lexus USA website were present and Im sure SPWOLF will agree that ALL of the information I provided to him by pm has been 100% correct.

Also, there were certain things I could not discuss for the fear of losing my job . I also know things about the next generation LS as pictures of it were also present. Im not stupid enough to talk about the LS at this present time however.
Old 04-01-15, 09:18 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

would respectfully request that you don't keep posting the same things and questions to multiple threads. thanks.

i answered your concern in the rx thread though.

i think the new rx is hideous. i've no doubt that it will drive nice, have all the nice tech and be well made. would i buy one? hell no, as every time i would walk back to it in the parking lot i'd think "my you are a homely beast".
Old 04-01-15, 09:23 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh look, Ma! That car has a Fu Manchu mustache!

I so hope it is not another questionable design feature that just about all automakers will copy for the next 10 years.
Old 04-01-15, 10:14 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I love the new RX. The F-Sport in particular looks ace.

Let me assure you that it looks better in person too just like the RC. The angles cant be captured by a camera as well as it can the human eye!

Maybe its because im still in my 40s.........
Old 04-01-15, 01:26 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You always need to see Lexus vehicles in person, they always look better than in pics. Personally I love what I've seen of the new RX so far.

Would I buy it over the Jeep? It depends on how it drives and feels in reality. For a second car or a family car, which my Jeep is, maybe. I love our Jeep but for me to drive it every day (I drive a lot) it is a little heavy/trucky at low speeds, its very thirsty, etc.
Old 04-01-15, 01:35 PM
tdougherty
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone again for all your input. And don't worry Bitkahuna, i'll just thank everyone here

Great point regarding the seat width as well. I'll have to do some soul searching, but still leaning towards the Summit. I could always get a Summit (have negotiated a great price) and if i am compelled too, trade it in for the 450h. Tough decisions to come.

Last edited by tdougherty; 04-01-15 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-01-15, 02:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

[QUOTE=tdougherty;8981330I could always get a Summit (have negotiated a great price) and if i am compelled too, trade it in for the 450h. Touch decisions to come.[/QUOTE]

Don't do that, you'll get killed on the trade in.
Old 04-01-15, 03:31 PM
tdougherty
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Don't do that, you'll get killed on the trade in.
JGC's are that bad on Trade In's?

Quick Reply: Wait for the 2016 Lexus RX or 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit