RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 Lexus RX revealed (pics page 35)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-15, 03:21 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Interior is masterpiece... by far the most stylish interior of any Lexus vehicle ever, puts competition to shame... did everyone notice alcantara covered dash in 450h? Plus Yamaha wood? Finally great looking nav?

RX went from meh to me, to best Lexus right now. Now GS, IS and NX look quite worse to me, and now I want RX, which at EU prices I can not afford... taxes here are crazy and I would have to pay like $120k for RX450h loaded... which is way too much. Argh!!!!

Old 04-01-15, 03:23 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Just look at this and compare it to current RX... amazing.

Old 04-01-15, 03:29 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

just the details here, usually the weakest part of Lexus vehicle - area around the shifter used to be black plastic

link to full pic:
http://www.netcarshow.com/lexus/2016...llpaper_10.htm

Old 04-01-15, 03:32 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Rated at 295 total system hp, it has always been a slap in the consumers face to not easily massage 5 extra horses via hybrid tech, motor, ecu etc..

Not to mention the marketing they've missed for years "300hp 30+mpg luxury cuv"

Whatever, it's here and I'm happy
lets hope they got slightly better mpg out of it, for me thats crucial because it would get into lower tax bend... It already has great mpg under EU test, just 5% more would do wonders!

they did not announce a lot of things yet, it seems they are, as usual, staggering the info until sales start.
Old 04-01-15, 03:37 PM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

The curve up of the wood next to the cup holders is a bit weird but im glad they finished it in wood
Old 04-01-15, 03:40 PM
gyrase321
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
So, have the RX and NX taken over the spot formerly occupied by Acura in the controversial love/hate, aggressive/ugly grill ratings?
The spindle grill has been around about 3 years now, it certainly hasn't hurt Lexus sales.
Old 04-01-15, 03:50 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
lets hope they got slightly better mpg out of it, for me thats crucial because it would get into lower tax bend... It already has great mpg under EU test, just 5% more would do wonders!

they did not announce a lot of things yet, it seems they are, as usual, staggering the info until sales start.
RX
MY15 FWD 32/28/30
MY15 AWD 30/28/29

Hmm so 2-4+mpg across the board could really do it wonders. If so the NX Hybrid might need need a little revision

NX
MY15 FWD 35/31/33
MY15 AWD 33/30/32

---

Hybrid with Sport+
(Please come to America!)
Old 04-01-15, 03:58 PM
LI Lexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A larger NX, with a more upscale interior.

I wonder if this styling is a bit too bold for the super conservative RX buyer?
Old 04-01-15, 04:00 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF
The curve up of the wood next to the cup holders is a bit weird but im glad they finished it in wood
looks exquisite... expensive. must have been hard to do.

It is nicer interior than GS, not just in quality, but in sophistication and style, where GS was high quality but way, way less stylish... When it came to my decision previously to buy either GS or RX, it was an easy choice... RX was never even on my radar, probably last Lexus I would have owned previously... but this one is nice.

I wonder if ES and LX facelifts will get this new nav as well.
Old 04-01-15, 04:04 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It is nicer interior than GS, not just in quality, but in sophistication and style, where GS was high quality but way, way less stylish... When it came to my decision previously to buy either GS or RX, it was an easy choice... RX was never even on my radar, probably last Lexus I would have owned previously... but this one is nice.

I wonder if ES and LX facelifts will get this new nav as well.
Much nicer than the present RX but...
Just looking at the pics,I disagree.I still feel the GS interior is nicer and better quality.In person probably even more so.
No double stitching on the seats and look at the rear lower door panel area in the red interior pic.Two quick standouts.
Old 04-01-15, 04:15 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

If the increase in sales of the new spindle grill generation designs sales are any indication, we will see increase in RX sales.

There are too many knee-jerk reactionaries on the internet. Most people come to accept the new Lexus designs when they see it in person, looking at the car from a human heigh level.

If sales lower, we will know Lexus made a mistake (or a different strategic approach albeit unlikely), if sales stay the same path that is still a big victory. If sales increases more than the current RX trajectory, we will know Lexus definitely made the right choices.
Old 04-01-15, 04:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Much nicer than the present RX but...
Just looking at the pics,I disagree.I still feel the GS interior is nicer and better quality.In person probably even more so.
No double stitching on the seats and look at the rear lower door panel area in the red interior pic.Two quick standouts.
I would expect the interior to still fall short of the quality level of the GS. Thats typically how it is with an SUV, materials in similarly priced SUVs vs sedans/coupes tends to be a little lower end in places in the SUV. I've found that in basically all makes of vehicles. If you think about it the reasoning for that makes sense, an SUV is a larger vehicle with more exterior and interior surface area, typically more features and different features (power folding seats, lockable differentials, better finished cargo area since its not hidden in a trunk) for similar money.

I even feel thats true comparing an LX to an LS...

Even assuming quality is a little beneath the GS, its still a HUGE upgrade from the previous car, and should be near the top of the segment where the previous RX was way behind. Basically every competing vehicle had better quality materials than the RX.

Now they need to do something about the interior in the ES.
Old 04-01-15, 04:20 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
In the press release from Lexus that Autoblog has, they state that the RX with third row option will be available early 2016.
I called this in January 2015 when everyone else was saying 5 seater only

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ml#post8877273

Originally Posted by G Star
That artist render actually looks pretty good but it needs to be better, Lexus is a top 3 premium automaker, the RX is a luxury car and it needs to look so. All of these black trim trends are not luxury at all.

RX will come with 5 seater but maybe have 3rd row option like the x5 has.
Old 04-01-15, 04:20 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I would expect the interior to still fall short of the quality level of the GS. Thats typically how it is with an SUV, materials in similarly priced SUVs vs sedans/coupes tends to be a little lower end in places in the SUV. I've found that in basically all makes of vehicles. If you think about it the reasoning for that makes sense, an SUV is a larger vehicle with more exterior and interior surface area, typically more features and different features (power folding seats, lockable differentials, better finished cargo area since its not hidden in a trunk) for similar money.

I even feel thats true comparing an LX to an LS...

Even assuming quality is a little beneath the GS, its still a HUGE upgrade from the previous car.

Now they need to do something about the interior in the ES.

I can agree on all counts.
Old 04-01-15, 04:25 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I would be surprised if it wasn't wood veneer. Veneer is easy to work with and you can curve it like that. Solid wood on the other hand...

Quick Reply: 2016 Lexus RX revealed (pics page 35)