RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 Lexus RX revealed (pics page 35)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-15, 12:15 PM
gyrase321
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also like the large infotainment screen. The interior is conservatively designed and very GS-esque, which is a compliment. The exterior may be too stylish for some, but the whole package is nice. This car will attract buyers who are in their peak earning years (mid 40s to mid 50s), which is of course the whole point.
Old 04-01-15, 12:15 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
interior looks a bit audi.

and I see Lexus has switched over to POP TART nav screen now huh ?

gotta jump on the poptart nav bandwagon cuz everyone else is doing it.

I always liked the integrated hooded nav screens of yesteryear
Doesnt look half as bad as the one Mercedes put in their cars........
Old 04-01-15, 12:17 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I am thinking that the TX (7-seater RXL) will be better proportioned and so look better than this RX. The high and long front-end is dominant on this RX so the longer rear end (from the B-pillar back) on the stretched TX (I am assuming that the TX will be stretched a bit to allow for the 3rd-row) will give it better proportions.

Some of the spy shots with the heavily-camoed vehicle seemed to have a longer rear door than this new RX.
Old 04-01-15, 12:23 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So there won't be a third-row option for the RX?
Old 04-01-15, 12:24 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rayaans
Doesnt look half as bad as the one Mercedes put in their cars........
I don't like the nav screen placement much, but I will say it is much better than the in the NX.
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Hopefully someone from clublexus is at the show so they can take some really good close up photos of all the buttons on the inside so we know if all options are available on the Fsport. I know someone did that when the RC was unveiled.
BOMAGLEXUS
Driver School Candidate

Cant wait to see one of these at our dealership, glad lexus went with a more aggressive style.
Old 04-01-15, 12:40 PM
DeeDeeRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Women make 80% of the car buying decisions. Leave the NX for the sportier group. Why mess with a good thing. I agree with the comments on styling and this not aging well. This is not the RX that I would expect from Lexus nor would be one that I would purchase for over 40K. It is obvious to me who they are marketing to now and where their market is heading. I am okay with that but I will choose with my pocketbook.

Please fix the butt ugly front grill. I am not into the transformer nor the cyborg look. I do not like the bird-beak look of the MDX either. The new RX exterior design reminds me of a Cylon. I might as well purchase a Jeep Cherokee or a Nissan. This is a new market niche. I have a feeling the older base will defect.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Lexus RX revealed (pics page 35)-cylon.jpg  
Old 04-01-15, 12:45 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DeeDeeRX
Women make 80% of the car buying decisions. Leave the NX for the sportier group. Why mess with a good thing. I agree with the comments on styling and this not aging well. This is not the RX that I would expect from Lexus nor would be one that I would purchase for over 40K. It is obvious to me who they are marketing to now and where their market is heading. I am okay with that but I will choose with my pocketbook.

Please fix the butt ugly front grill. I am not into the transformer nor the cyborg look. I do not like the bird-beak look of the MDX either. The new RX exterior design reminds me of a Cylon. I might as well purchase a Jeep Cherokee or a Nissan. This is a new market niche. I have a feeling the older base will defect.
You make a good point. I can't see my dad (age 66) buying one of these based off styling alone. I like the styling, but he won't. I do think the front end of the F sport is overdone.
Old 04-01-15, 12:49 PM
Levi68
Pole Position

Is the TX confirmed? And if it comes, will it be FWD or RWD based? The problem of RX to be a viable performance competitor for any of the German, it that is it FWD and not RWD based.
Old 04-01-15, 12:52 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

to my eye, this does look more upscale and toned down than the NX both interior and exterior wise. At least this one doesn't have exposed screws heads! lol
Old 04-01-15, 12:53 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

One thing I've realized is that once Lexus comes out with a new design, it will receive a THRONG of criticism and through time that criticism will fade away into neutrality and eventually the style will be accepted (yes even on CL, in fact, CL is consistently like this).

Seems like a lot of you are in phase 1.

I like this new design, I can see the path they took to making the decisions they did and I have a feeling this will grow sales and allow Lexus to make more conquest sales.

I would buy this car if I was looking for a cross over SUV, the only 2 factors that would make me hesitate are the black mirror and exterior trim (I still don't understand this) and the fact that it is the top seller, which makes owning one less special.

Anyway, good job Lexus, they did it again.
Old 04-01-15, 01:03 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts

We delayed purchasing our '15 until the NX came out. Couldn't accept that front end treatment. Am glad we went for a '15. The same thing apparently on the '16 RX. Just not for me.
Old 04-01-15, 01:07 PM
wallykeys
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great video of the new 2016 RX 350 below!

My impressions of the Interior from the video,I like the lay out of the dash and very much like the look of the new front buckets as well. The exterior design, um... Just not for me! The front end and long front overhang design kill it for me!

Old 04-01-15, 01:18 PM
euroja153
Driver

What a DISGUSTING exterior, I can not believe they went with such an aggresive look, nice interior though. Before seeing the pics I thought I was sure I would want the 4RX but now definately not.

Quick Reply: 2016 Lexus RX revealed (pics page 35)