RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Good Ol' Snow In Dallas/Fort Worth

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-15, 12:26 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Ol' Snow In Dallas/Fort Worth

Had some heavy snow yesterday which caused i-35 to shut down but my baby had fun! She handled the snow and ice without braking a sweat about every rwd or fwd car or truck I saw was stuck even a few 4x4's but I just rolled on by in regular drive, I even stopped on a 10% grade (had a stop light) and took off as normal maybe a slip or two and the cars computer took care of it nobody could make it up literally no one so many stuck people were shocked! I maybe helped and pulled out 80 people today and still the Rx never slipped or skidded the ect snow was terrific I have to say for a 13yr old car it did tons better than a lot of 2014's I will never own another vehicle besides a lexus I've included a few pictures of the snow! Enjoy
Old 02-28-15, 12:32 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Old 02-28-15, 12:35 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Forgot to mention we got 5 inches of snow with a half inch sheet of ice underneath it! With sleet...texas weather gotta love it!
Old 02-28-15, 05:46 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

That's not "heavy snow". You silly southerners!

Nice projectors! Retrofit it yourself?
Old 02-28-15, 07:46 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hypervish
That's not "heavy snow". You silly southerners!

Nice projectors! Retrofit it yourself?
Lol us Texans are not used to this kind of weather 5 inches of snow is very crazy for us haha and yes I did the retrofit myself, will be upgrading soon I'm still deciding on a few prprojectors
Old 02-28-15, 07:52 AM
maxSteel
Instructor

Received 240 Likes on 202 Posts

I was in Maryland last weekend when there was a snowstorm. People stuck, sliding, and spinning everywhere but my 1999 AWD was fine.

I always hit the ECT SNOW button, no idea if it helps or not, but it makes me feel like I did something.
Old 02-28-15, 08:06 AM
RX300CE
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow

There is nothing that compares to New England winter weather, here is 2 pictures this winter snow storm (Juno) 31 inches in Boston .

Old 02-28-15, 11:02 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by maxSteel
I was in Maryland last weekend when there was a snowstorm. People stuck, sliding, and spinning everywhere but my 1999 AWD was fine.

I always hit the ECT SNOW button, no idea if it helps or not, but it makes me feel like I did something.
Ect snow starts you off in 2nd gear and is more sensitive to wheel spin if any and the traction control will limit power
Old 02-28-15, 11:03 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RX300CE
There is nothing that compares to New England winter weather, here is 2 pictures this winter snow storm (Juno) 31 inches in Boston .

Wow that is crazy! You sure did top the scale lol what a nice piece of machinery there (not the van, but it's nice too )
Old 02-28-15, 11:22 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Just having one more little photo shoot with her before it melts
Old 02-28-15, 06:27 PM
matts6887
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

wow anthony!; those pics of the snow and ice over there in Texas are crazy!; and I always thought it was impossible for texas to get snow and ice being that far south. But i guess when mother nature wants to do something; she will do it alright lol. As for snow....u aint seen nothing till you have lived where I am originally from which is Michigan(so glad i live down here now thank goodness!). And cold? u got nothing on cold till u have experienced what my friends back in MI have dealt with lately with air temps of -5 to -10 with wind-chills down to -20 to -40.
Old 02-28-15, 07:29 PM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by matts6887
wow anthony!; those pics of the snow and ice over there in Texas are crazy!; and I always thought it was impossible for texas to get snow and ice being that far south. But i guess when mother nature wants to do something; she will do it alright lol. As for snow....u aint seen nothing till you have lived where I am originally from which is Michigan(so glad i live down here now thank goodness!). And cold? u got nothing on cold till u have experienced what my friends back in MI have dealt with lately with air temps of -5 to -10 with wind-chills down to -20 to -40.
Lol yea I know we got to 22 degrees and that was bone freezing the wind chill was 15 nnegative anything we would probably die going to get are morning paper but we got alot for being texas we are really not used to this type of weather about 99% of people don't have snow tires/experience in the snow so there were wreaks everywhere the main corporate was slamming on the brakes and locking up and boom, as for me abs never had to kick in nor traction control, I've got to admit I've put it in 1st and spun all 4 down a big empty street and when to a big parking lot and did a couple of donuts got that beep and the flashing traction light but it still did it, a few people were there and they were amazed and taking pics cause they never seen a 4 wheel peel hahaha! So I might end up on youtube!

Last edited by AnthonyMtz; 02-28-15 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-01-15, 07:51 PM
matts6887
Racer

Originally Posted by AnthonyMtz
Lol yea I know we got to 22 degrees and that was bone freezing the wind chill was 15 nnegative anything we would probably die going to get are morning paper but we got alot for being texas we are really not used to this type of weather about 99% of people don't have snow tires/experience in the snow so there were wreaks everywhere the main corporate was slamming on the brakes and locking up and boom, as for me abs never had to kick in nor traction control, I've got to admit I've put it in 1st and spun all 4 down a big empty street and when to a big parking lot and did a couple of donuts got that beep and the flashing traction light but it still did it, a few people were there and they were amazed and taking pics cause they never seen a 4 wheel peel hahaha! So I might end up on youtube!
I wouldnt be surprised if it ended up on youtube!; and yea; I know most of the southerners arent used to snow and ice and on top of it the road crews just dont have the equipment in most places to deal with that kinda thing so when it does happen everyone goes into a frenzy and goes crazy lol
Old 03-03-15, 09:29 PM
akfish
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Little hail in Huntington beach yesterday!

Old 03-04-15, 08:06 AM
matts6887
Racer

That "hail" man pic is too funny! but yea that hail is something unusual especially for so cal!

Last edited by matts6887; 03-04-15 at 08:07 AM. Reason: correcting

Quick Reply: Good Ol' Snow In Dallas/Fort Worth