RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

my poor 300

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-14, 02:49 PM
matts6887
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

I wouldnt mind getting into another 300; but; its slim pickings around these parts when it comes to finding one. A search using a site called car finder only found 1 so far
Old 12-23-14, 01:15 PM
matts6887
Racer

I swear on my life; I HATE, HATE, HATE, insurance companies!!!. All they do is *ick ya around and give ya the shaft and dont give a dang about treating a customer with decency. Whatever happened to honest customer service!. My insurance co. is giving me the run around saying they will only pay me like 6900 when we bought it for like 74 or 7500. I despise these companies with a passion. Geez.
Old 12-23-14, 02:10 PM
jimbug
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Chrome Wheels

Originally Posted by Carver
Company definitely makes a difference the guy that hit my car had a major and they paid like a slot machine.

Funny story, I had the 300 for years and '09 I got bored and tried to buy an X3 and the guy offered me 6K, I didn't make the trade but would have taken 7. Couple years later the car gets totaled and they offered 14k for the settlement and let me keep my new chrome wheels and wide armrests. 14k was very strong even in ''11. I was too shocked to even ask for more!

I had to add 3k to get my '05 but it was well worth it.
If you ever want to get rid of those chrome wheels let me know. My 2002 RX300 has those but they are pitted pretty bad on inside. Doesn't really show except on close inspection. Yours looked pristine on your totaled RX300. All the best to you.
Old 12-24-14, 05:57 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

jimbug: still enjoying the chrome wheels.

A 5 or 6 hundred loss isn't as bad as it might have been. Hope you find something good!
Old 12-24-14, 07:01 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Carver
jimbug: still enjoying the chrome wheels.

A 5 or 6 hundred loss isn't as bad as it might have been. Hope you find something good!
+1, that's not bad. It looks like you've driven it for over a year. So you have to look at that aspect of things as well.
Old 12-24-14, 08:17 AM
matts6887
Racer

Well; i for one sure hope the other guys insurance co. pulls their head out of the clouds; comes back down to earth and realizes that their insured hit me. Now comes the challenge of finding another 300. I did find one on the same lot I picked up the 2000 from but its black. Im not too crazy about black because it shows dirt so easily. But I dont think i have much choice as thats the only one i could really find that fits the bill so to speak. It has 138,000 on the clock and its a 2002. So yea i want to snag that one before someone else decides to but i cant do anything until I fill out a form my insurance co. is sending me. because they wont issue payment for my totaled 2000 until i send that form back to them.

Last edited by matts6887; 12-24-14 at 08:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-24-14, 11:33 AM
salimshah

Received 996 Likes on 900 Posts

Technically the insurance company has to find you a replacement (of equivalent) or pay you the cash value (per blue book/prevalent_local_value/what_you_paid-dep.). So you can ask them to purchase the one you found or let them locate one for you.

The other option is to not deal with the other person's insurance company and work with your insurance company. Usually your insurance will like to extricate themselves and leave the matter amongst you and the liable party.

Most expeditious way is to take the cash and shop on your own.

You can lawyer up, but then you must have the capacity to get on with your life till it gets settled. It is a game of patience.

For some their vehicle is worth much more than the blue-book value (I fall in this category).

Salim
Old 12-24-14, 01:13 PM
matts6887
Racer

Originally Posted by salimshah
Technically the insurance company has to find you a replacement (of equivalent) or pay you the cash value (per blue book/prevalent_local_value/what_you_paid-dep.). So you can ask them to purchase the one you found or let them locate one for you.

The other option is to not deal with the other person's insurance company and work with your insurance company. Usually your insurance will like to extricate themselves and leave the matter amongst you and the liable party.

Most expeditious way is to take the cash and shop on your own.

You can lawyer up, but then you must have the capacity to get on with your life till it gets settled. It is a game of patience.

For some their vehicle is worth much more than the blue-book value (I fall in this category).

Salim
Well the problem with dealing with my own insurance co. is that they are only wanting to give me like 6900 when the other one i found the dealer wants 8000 for. And we already shelled out 3000 additional for the 2000 i had because of the difference between the payoff amount for my previous vehicle which was sold and the blue book for that vehicle etc etc. so it came down to the fact that the dealer wanted like around the same which was 8000 for it but we talked him down to like 7400 i think but we still ended up shelling out 3000 additional in the end. With all this said; i dont think its fair for us to have to shell out another 1000 when the other guy was at fault in this accident; therefore his insurance co. should be paying the add. 1000; not us.
Old 12-24-14, 08:12 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Tell the other insurance co your co will pay 6900, the only car around to replace it is XXX (whatever it is) dollars and they need to make up the difference.
Old 12-25-14, 07:44 AM
matts6887
Racer

Well; yea I know. But its not that easy Carver. The other insurance co. is probably gonna tell me we have to pay the additional amount if we find a replacement; which i have found on the same lot i picked up the 2000 from. But either way i want that 2002 they have on their lot now even though its black which im not crazy about. Still; it fits the bill so to speak. We are just gonna have to figure out whos gonna pay the addiitonal because we shouldnt have to pay a single cent more out of pocket. If someone does it should be his insurance co. Or I guess my co. will pay what they feel is good which is the 6900 and they will have to go after the other persons co. to get the rest back.

Last edited by matts6887; 12-25-14 at 07:46 AM. Reason: info
Old 12-25-14, 08:09 AM
salimshah

matts6887:

Try to separate the the wish form 'fair'. People have experienced extremely sweet compensation and also pretty bad compensation for their material loss.

I certainly wish that you get a sweet compensation, but dont let the situation get the worst of you. Set an unemotional price for your loss and simply insist that the insurance company ponies up or repairs your RX to the standard it was. You can send them quotes for an equivalent replacement the ones you will consider. If you select newer model then to be equiv. they should have higher milage or more cosmetic problems. If they want to make it sweet for you then they will let you trade for better or insist that you come up with the difference. Leave the emotions out of the equation.

Salim
Old 12-25-14, 08:15 AM
matts6887
Racer

Well; its pretty hard to leave "emotions" out of the equation at this point due to the obvious. Like i said his co. should be paying the whole thing regardless of what it is.
Old 12-26-14, 06:43 PM
matts6887
Racer

Well; i went and drove the black rx300 Ive been eyeing that is on the same lot i picked up my 2000 from and it drives and handles very well. This one is a 2002 though. Only thing is the drivers door power door lock doesnt work.(go figure lol) But I have a package of 2 new power door lock motors waiting to be used so hopfully i can get the owner to include the door repair in the deal just as he included the power antenna repair in the deal with my 2000 as he has a mobile mechanic that comes to his lot once a week. . Now i just have to wait for the payment from my insurance co.

Last edited by matts6887; 12-26-14 at 06:47 PM. Reason: editing
Old 12-26-14, 07:41 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Congrats on making the deal, take some pics. lol, I feel like I have a vested interest at this point!
Old 12-26-14, 08:13 PM
salimshah

Originally Posted by matts6887
Well; i went and drove the black rx300 Ive been eyeing that is on the same lot i picked up my 2000 from and it drives and handles very well. This one is a 2002 though. Only thing is the drivers door power door lock doesnt work.(go figure lol) But I have a package of 2 new power door lock motors waiting to be used so hopfully i can get the owner to include the door repair in the deal just as he included the power antenna repair in the deal with my 2000 as he has a mobile mechanic that comes to his lot once a week. . Now i just have to wait for the payment from my insurance co.
How is the FM reception

Congrats

Salim

Quick Reply: my poor 300