Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Passenger Side Window Issues

Old 12-09-14, 05:28 PM   #1
appsdba
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Passenger Side Window Issues

Hey Everyone,

I have a minor issue with my passenger side window on my RX300. When I lower it down it doesn't want to come back up. I have to bring the window ALL the way down and then hold the passenger window button up and then it will close all the way. This happens with the passenger side window button on the driver's side and passenger's side doors.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you may have.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
appsdba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 09:22 PM   #2
10lexISR6
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by appsdba View Post
Hey Everyone,

I have a minor issue with my passenger side window on my RX300. When I lower it down it doesn't want to come back up. I have to bring the window ALL the way down and then hold the passenger window button up and then it will close all the way. This happens with the passenger side window button on the driver's side and passenger's side doors.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you may have.
I too have been dealing with this issue on my moms Rx300 for quite some time. She had the front passenger window motor replaced and it worked for a bit but went back to acting up. I read somewhere in this forum that the rails or scissors that lift and lower the window need to be lubed or cleaned and relubed. I did that, worked for a bit but started acting up again. Too afraid to lower the window in case it won't go back up again, so we just don't lower it anymore. Sorry... That's all I have. Oh but we only had this happen to the front right window. Now door lock servos a completely different story.
2011 IS250 Tungsten Pearl | Tanabe Medallion Exhaust | 3M Ventureshield Clear Bra | F-Sport Front | GFX Rear | Megan LP coilovers | ISF Steering Damper | SPC Ball Joints | Ceramic Window Tint | LED Lights throughout | F Sport Intake | OemThing roof spoiler | Linea Corse LC818's | Vaistech Avic6-D | Carbon Fiber flat bottom steering wheel | F-sport CF shift **** | Toms side skirts
10lexISR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-14, 12:05 PM   #3
appsdba
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10lexISR6 View Post
I too have been dealing with this issue on my moms Rx300 for quite some time. She had the front passenger window motor replaced and it worked for a bit but went back to acting up. I read somewhere in this forum that the rails or scissors that lift and lower the window need to be lubed or cleaned and relubed. I did that, worked for a bit but started acting up again. Too afraid to lower the window in case it won't go back up again, so we just don't lower it anymore. Sorry... That's all I have. Oh but we only had this happen to the front right window. Now door lock servos a completely different story.
Thanks for the advice. Do you have the procedures on how to lube or clean the rails or scissors?
appsdba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-14, 07:53 PM   #4
carguy07
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-f...moval-diy.html
carguy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 08:47 PM   #5
appsdba
Driver School Candidate

Quote: