RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Door Ajar Will Not Turn Off HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-14, 03:45 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door Ajar Will Not Turn Off HELP!!!!

Hi again guys i have a minor issue the other day i had a flat so i changed the tire then went in my other vehicle to get the spare fixed at discount tires, when i got back i noticed my battery was dead as a door ****...i had to jump start it anyways just this morning i think i found the corporate, i noticed when all my doors are closed and i push the lock button on my remote the car has a long steady beep (like when you forget to close a door) and the hood, trunk were all closed i went around the car twice shutting all the doors and that didn't help one bit, tried disconnecting the battery...that was useless so all my doors are shut and that darn door light stays lit keeping on lights inside discharging my battery, now if i manually lock the doors and shut them 5 minutes later the dang pannic alarm comes on waking all the neighborhood up..i dont know what to do now any info will be greatly appreciated
Old 05-26-14, 07:13 AM
salimshah

Received 993 Likes on 898 Posts

You know the problem ,,, one of the 5 doors is not sending the signal that the door is closed shut. For some reason Lexus does not show which door is sending the signal that the door is not fully shut. You can look at the dash symbol or observe the dome light (with setting on door) and have some one solidly close each door.

Since you mentioned the onset of the problem with the hatch, I would first focus on the hatch. Make sure the hatch is unlocked and close it and check.

The door lock actuator has the sensor that recognizes that the door is closed fully.

Salim
Old 05-26-14, 09:21 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Thanks for the reply went outside and was poking around the drivers side door latch and the door light went off for a second and came back on...what dose that mean do you have any idea of what part i would need im now 100% sure its the driver side door and again thanks bunches Salim
Old 05-26-14, 10:45 AM
salimshah

Look up the door lock actuator thread. That thread is more about the lock motor, but in your case you need to chase the other set of wires.

Note your source of trouble can be in the sensor or even the wires.

Salim
Old 05-26-14, 11:56 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by salimshah
Look up the door lock actuator thread. That thread is more about the lock motor, but in your case you need to chase the other set of wires.

Note your source of trouble can be in the sensor or even the wires.

Salim
Would you be able to get some pics or a part # cause i have no Idea about were the motor is at or the part i need
Old 05-27-14, 11:05 AM
timmui
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that this issue and the courtesy light issue you had earlier are related. Have you swapped out the driver door ECU yet?
Old 05-27-14, 05:27 PM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

No i have not do you have a part # so i can order it? Any thing will help thanks
Old 05-27-14, 08:29 PM
timmui
Driver

I don't know the part number off hand, but they are plentiful on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-00-01-02-03-LEXUS-RX300-MASTER-WINDOW-SWITCH-DRIVER-FRONT-/111360955670?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19eda15516&vxp=mtr
You may also try the local junk yard. The ones I visited locally always seemed to have them but nothing else
Old 05-27-14, 11:00 PM
salimshah

Please call lexus parts. You can also sign up with Sewell Lexus with your CL id,

Before you throw parts at the problem, you need to confirm the diagnosis.

Salim
Old 05-28-14, 05:13 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Please call lexus parts. You can also sign up with Sewell Lexus with your CL id,

Before you throw parts at the problem, you need to confirm the diagnosis.

Salim
Thank you salim i will go on with further diagnosis thanks for the help
Old 05-28-14, 05:16 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by timmui
I don't know the part number off hand, but they are plentiful on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-00-01-02-03-LEXUS-RX300-MASTER-WINDOW-SWITCH-DRIVER-FRONT-/111360955670?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19eda15516&vxp=mtr
You may also try the local junk yard. The ones I visited locally always seemed to have them but nothing else
Thanks so much will call some junkyards today and see if they have any rx300' s
Old 05-28-14, 07:52 AM
salimshah

Originally Posted by AnthonyMtz
Thanks so much will call some junkyards today and see if they have any rx300' s
I did not drill down, but that is window-switch in the picture and lock button. IMHO it has nothing to do with door-ajar.

Salim
Old 05-28-14, 10:36 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

I did not drill down, but that is window-switch in the picture and lock button. IMHO it has nothing to do with door-ajar.

Salim
So the window switch has nothing to do with the door ajar light..? Only the ecu in the door dose?
Old 05-28-14, 06:54 PM
timmui
Driver

The ECU controls the one touch up/down for the window and it controls the other windows via a multiplexed differential voltage. It also informs the body ECU whether or not the door is open or closed, controls the automatic locks and turns on the courtesy light. If I were to suddenly start to having issues one after another related to the door, that is the first place I'd check.

It is my understanding that the door ECU is a part of the master window switch. The service manual assumes you know where it is, though the sketchy drawing points to the area where the window switches are. However, I'm not willing to disassemble my door to prove it beyond a doubt.
Old 05-28-14, 07:34 PM
salimshah

I certainly dont want to confuse the OP, although it seems he want to grasp at straws .... [so hard to tell over internet].

I would urge him to do the homework and not jump on any information here. IMHO (unconfirmed as I have not worked on it) the door ecu is under the instrument cluster near kick panel.

Armed with circuit, any one can trace signals to the ecu. <= this is worth pursuing.

Salim

Quick Reply: Door Ajar Will Not Turn Off HELP!!!!