RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Obdii actron cp9125 scan no code (0)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-13, 04:18 PM
edupim
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obdii actron cp9125 scan no code (0)

hi, my cp9125 arrived. I was waiting to check my car.
I skanned my cat and the OBDII said everything ok
i suspect not because my mpg is 13.9 and smells not burning gas correctly
what can i do to improve the consumption of gas
MAF and PVC valve cleaned, tire ok (33) running empty (only me)
i have some hills in my cite, 1/2 like san francisco.
What about disconnect something just to checK the scanner. If good idea tell me which sensor is good to put off to let the scanner catch the problem

Last edited by edupim; 12-30-13 at 04:21 PM. Reason: to correct error
Old 12-30-13, 05:39 PM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

How did you get the font like that??? For those of you who are blind like me;

Hi, my cp9125 arrived. I was waiting to check my car.
I scanned my cat and the OBDII said everything was ok
i suspect not because my mpg is 13.9 and smells not burning gas correctly
what can I do to improve the consumption of gas
MAF and PVC valve cleaned, tire ok (33) running empty (only me)
I have some hills in my city, 1/2 like San Francisco.
What about disconnecting something just to check the scanner. If it's a good idea tell me which sensor is good to pull off to let the scanner catch the problem
Old 12-30-13, 10:38 PM
salimshah

Received 996 Likes on 900 Posts

I assume your Check Engine Light (CEL) lights up when you turn the ignition to step before start, and turns off when you start. If yes, then your RX has verified that the reader is working fine.

For mpg, turn the display to show instantaneous MPG and see what is going on. RX is pretty bad going up a hill.

look in here too
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...out-yours.html.

Salim
Old 12-31-13, 01:51 AM
edupim
Rookie

garamond is the font is in the title bar (above the box that you write the message)
Old 12-31-13, 01:57 AM
edupim
Rookie

first thank for your response ,
Yes it happens , but i have a felling that i have to change the oxigen sensor 234 4215 like Lexmex did.
Do you thing it is a waste of money or i improve the mpg. by the way , i did what Lexmex did (link you sent) and the mileage became better ( 18 mpg) but with time passing it is going down. what could be ?
one thing i didnt was to change out the transfer case and rear differential fluids
my mileage is 95 kmiles, awd

Last edited by edupim; 12-31-13 at 02:01 AM. Reason: forgot one thing
Old 12-31-13, 04:59 AM
mshumack
Driver

You could have a bad coolant sensor. If the coolant temperature sensor is reporting the engine temp incorrectly as low/cold (say 30 degrees) the ECU will make the engine run richer (like having the choke closed on the old carbureted style engines). It may not set a code (turn on the CEL) because the sensor could still be in its acceptable range, while it is not providing the correct reading. This would cause poor gas mileage.
Most scan tools will let you see the values of the various things it monitors so you can check the reported engine temperature easily and see if it is correct.
Old 12-31-13, 07:16 AM
salimshah

Received 996 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by edupim
first thank for your response ,
Yes it happens , but i have a felling that i have to change the oxigen sensor 234 4215 like Lexmex did.
Do you thing it is a waste of money or i improve the mpg. by the way , i did what Lexmex did (link you sent) and the mileage became better ( 18 mpg) but with time passing it is going down. what could be ?
one thing i didnt was to change out the transfer case and rear differential fluids
my mileage is 95 kmiles, awd
Nothing wrong with trying to improve mpg, but you must first find out the root cause. Just because one of our valued member had success, does not mean your problem (if any) can be cured by taking the same steps. To complicate the whole stuff the ECU with its sensors tries to compensate for things and your change may not yield you the same success. The average in city driving typically goes higher as it accumulates data, but then over days it starts creeping down as the engine idles for more time. I have seen very low mpg numbers going up hill in 2nd gear.

Here are things that I suggest:

1. Get a real time OBDII reader and check all readings and then diagnose.
2. Check/replace air filter.
3. Check air pressure in all tires.
4. Check drag
5. Check driving habits.

Salim

Last edited by salimshah; 12-31-13 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-02-14, 04:12 AM
edupim
Rookie

hi, could you suggest a real time obdii ? i saw a wifi elm327 in ebay. Does it work in my case?
Do you know if there is a table ( volts x temp) or (ohms x temp ) for rx 3000 that permit i check out with voltmeter and compare the real temp and the volts?.
i saw a aluminium part that fits in rubber line coolant like a "T" that allow connect the temp sensor. Do you know if i make this will improve reading of temperature. ? http://i.ebayimg.com/t/New-Hotsale-Water-Temp-Gauge-Radiator-Sensor-Attachment-Aluminum-2-Colors-ESY1-/00/s/NTg1WDU4NQ==/z/DwIAAOxyBXNSZx0h/$T2eC16ZHJIkFHRkhrn5EBSZ)0h(DTg~~60_12.JPG
Old 01-02-14, 11:20 AM
mshumack
Driver

This is the one I have. It will read the various sensor values. http://www.jbtoolsales.com/otc-3109-...can-scan-tool/
I would not try to install a temp gauge in the system. Most all (if not all) cars have two sensors one for the dash gauge (or idiot light) and one for the computer. You want to see what "the computer is seeing". If you drive over to one of the AutoParts stores, they should be able to hook up and tell you wha the value is for the coolant temperature. If you drive over the car will be warm (most likely around 195F) then if the scanner says the temperature is 30F or 50F or ? (or whatever you know is wrong) you will have found your problem. No need ot buy a scanner unless you just want one.