RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Successful Key Transponder Programming!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-03, 02:46 AM
ederny
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Kien and all...

All of the instructions provided are for for the RX300. Sorry, it was not clear you were talking about an IS300. You might want to see a dealer about this problem. Sorry, I don't have info for the IS300.

To further answer the general question, removal of the remote code will not prevent the key from being used in the door and ignition. However, there is another procedure to erase transponder codes from the ECU as long as you have one master key. Then you can program back the keys you have into the immobilizer system. This leaves you with: the holder of the lost key only has access to the interior of the vehicle but can not drive it away.

Your dealer or someone on the IS300 forum may be able to help you out with details for your vehicle.

Last edited by ederny; 02-03-03 at 03:07 AM.
Old 02-03-03, 08:52 AM
IS300ATL
Driver School Candidate

I'm gonna have to order a new key anyway...does anyone know if Lexus - Parts is selling keys that are already pre-cut according to the VIN #?? If so, that would be my best bet.

I just called the dealership and they said if I lost my other key, the whole ECU would have to be replaced!!! I think I better play it safe and get another master key.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 02-03-03, 10:44 AM
ederny
Pole Position

Default Do exactly that,

Call Lexus-parts. I ordered 3 from them and they came pre cut via VIN#, worked in all the locks and were progamed ok (see first post here).
Old 02-05-03, 05:10 PM
ederny
Pole Position

Default Finally, to answer Daddy-O's question...

...I have now received the last key to program - the Remote Key.

I was successful here also. First, programming the transponder code into the engine ECU via the instructions (link I posted and the actual instructions Daddy-O put in the second post) in this thread and then programming the remote transmitter code into the door ECU using the "Remote " instructions I posted and recently updated (edited) also in this threat.

So, programming is done! All the new keys work as advertised. Thanks to all those who commented/guided along the way!

Last edited by ederny; 02-05-03 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-01-03, 08:34 AM
lcc014
Driver

Default Valet Key Programming

I just received the replacement Valet key for my 2000 ES3000. Can anyone provide the programming instruction for non-remote, non-transponder key ?

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old 11-16-04, 06:44 PM
642jdub
Rookie

I had a broken remote with one master. I bought a used key w/remote from ebay and was able to program the remote. However, the master key will not start the car anymore. I'm currently stuck with the valet key with no other keys except the keycard. Do you have any ideas what might have happened and how to get the key to start the car again?
Old 06-17-05, 07:12 PM
vpalacio
Driver School Candidate

Default Holy Cow!

I just wanted to say thanks to all those that made this happen!

I just got my valet key and programmed it myself. I just saved myself $60 Dealer wanted $100 just to program the key!!!

These instructions work!

New York City
RX 300 - 2002
Old 11-21-05, 08:31 PM
Liquidozz
Driver School Candidate

Default Definitly keyed up

I am really confused now. I have an rx 300 2002 and want to add another master key with the 3 buttons on it that I obtained off ebay. The key is already cut ( to another lex rx 300 of course).So please tell me what key program to use to get this key to function (the remote part of it ).I know I have to get a blank uncut key blade and replace the one I obtained from ebay in order to make it 100% functional. So do I need to do both programming rituals for the 3 buttons to work? Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for making you repeat the ritual stuff again.
Old 11-28-05, 09:42 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

I have the same q but unfort it is for the IS.. .where were these detailed instruction found & where might i find them for the IS?

I also have a spare remote key that was from another Lex. I want to use basically the remote core of the key and reprogram it for my IS, i have another blank remote key shell.....this obviously needs to be cut to work the ignition also....

at least i have learned that it looks like i need to program this for TWO things... the Ignition immobilizer AND the Remote functions...

Question: where is the engine immobilizer transmitter located? it IS in the removeable Remote key "core" isnt it ??

any suggestions.?

Last edited by edgy; 11-28-05 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-29-05, 07:54 AM
mmahamm
Driver

Originally Posted by Liquidozz
So do I need to do both programming rituals for the 3 buttons to work?
Yes, you have to do both programming rituals.
Old 12-23-05, 12:42 PM
shawnst
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys. I just followed the exact instructions and successfully programmed a new remote key. This is great stuff.
Old 01-09-06, 07:04 PM
justinh
Driver School Candidate

is there anyway to program a new master key to start the car without an existing master key?
Old 01-11-06, 04:06 PM
RX300AWD01
Driver School Candidate

Smile Remote Transmitter programming and ignition worked!!!

Thanks to "ederny", "Daddy-O", "VVT-i" and other contributors for their posts on programming the Master Key for remote access and ignition. Both instructions were to the point and worked on the first try. I started with the programming instructions for the ignition first and then did the remote. Worked perfect and saved me a trip to the dealership, other than making me feel like a useful bloke around the house. Cheers.

~ Singh.
Old 01-24-06, 06:56 AM
timvu1107
Driver School Candidate

hi, i am new to the club.. but i was looking around and dont think i found what i was looking for....

i have a 98 gs300 and bought a extra master key and now i dont know how to program it.. can someone help me please..

thanks

tim vu
Old 10-20-06, 08:50 AM
RX300Scott
Driver School Candidate

Several of you mentioned that you were able to buy a VALET key. Is that an aftermarket key, or is it the Lexus key? If aftermarket, where did you find them?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Successful Key Transponder Programming!