RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Body Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-13, 06:21 AM
nautix
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Parts

Had a right side accident that smashed my front door and fender (passenger side) see picts.
Can anyone recommend where to buy used body parts (door and fender and moulding assemblies)
Thanx Eli
Attached Thumbnails Body Parts-img_0816.jpg   Body Parts-img_0863.jpg   Body Parts-img_0875.jpg  
Old 03-24-13, 06:27 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident.

It looks like you are in Israel. So, I'd imagine RX's aren't very popular. I would usually recommend a salvage yard but not sure if you would be able to find an RX300 there.

You can find a fender & door on ebay, the hard part will be trying to find a seller who will ship to Israel.
Old 03-24-13, 07:22 AM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

Sorry to hear you had an accident. We hope the occupants in both vehicles were not injured.

The lower section of the door, is referred to as cladding is a prepainted item available at the dealership. If you decide to purchase through a dealer, you have to send them the VIN number.

Based on sun exposure (fading) you may have to repaint the installed parts.

When it comes to repairs, the cost and expected finish must be considered. Places where labor is cheap, I would suggest repair. Depending on the color and finish, you may have to pay premium for the paint job. I would start by visiting/calling Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar recommended body shops if Lexus dealership is not available.

Did you ever contact sponsors like Sewell Lexus if they ship overseas.

Salim
Old 03-24-13, 09:27 AM
defo
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nautix
Had a right side accident that smashed my front door and fender (passenger side) see picts.
Can anyone recommend where to buy used body parts (door and fender and moulding assemblies)

Thanx Eli

I had similar damage (not as extensive) due to a tire blow-out (see pics), and my bumper, fender, headlight, and door were damaged, and the sub-frame was smashed-in, where the fender bolts to it and the very bottom behind the wheel. By the looks of you photos, you have sub-frame damage at the same location, and under the door.
Just so you know, new body parts are not going to just "bolt-on", you will have to have those areas repaired first.

Old 03-25-13, 03:30 AM
nautix
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Salim,
You have recommended Sewell to me some 2 month ago and I am working with them since.
I have ordered pats for service (brake pads, belts, antenna ...) they are good - Thank you.
To save on international shipping, I ship to my mother in-low's address in Boston and my wife brings it from the US every few weeks or so.
In this case, the damage will be paid by the insurance co. of the car that hit me.
I just have hard time ordering the parts from Sewell and I am not sure if they carry large body parts like door and fender. I am in touch with Darrel at Sewell but it is not easy ordering all these small parts on-line.
Eli
Old 03-25-13, 09:31 AM
defo
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nautix
Hi Salim,
You have recommended Sewell to me some 2 month ago and I am working with them since.
I have ordered pats for service (brake pads, belts, antenna ...) they are good - Thank you.
To save on international shipping, I ship to my mother in-low's address in Boston and my wife brings it from the US every few weeks or so.
In this case, the damage will be paid by the insurance co. of the car that hit me.
I just have hard time ordering the parts from Sewell and I am not sure if they carry large body parts like door and fender. I am in touch with Darrel at Sewell but it is not easy ordering all these small parts on-line.
Eli
NAUTIX, you may not need a new door, as with my repair, the shop replace the "door skin", which is just the outer panel, from the window sill down. This will be smaller, lighter, and easier to transport than the whole door. You should be able to order just the "skin" from Sewell.

Last edited by defo; 03-25-13 at 09:41 AM.