RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

parts interchangeability

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-13, 07:43 PM
jimmyad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts interchangeability

I just purchased a 2000 RX 300,and am in the process of replacing bushings,,starting with control arm,and rack bushings,,,are they interchangeable with standard Toyota parts? I live in the Republic of Panama,and parts are a problem,,,, extremely expensive to ship also eg, $ 280 for a 10 x 12 sq by 18 inches box ,,four pounds ,,Any help is sincerely appreciated,,,Jim
Old 01-16-13, 05:46 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

I sort of remember that they sold the RX300 in Panama at one time through the Toyota dealers.

The only thing that would be remotely similar would be the Toyota Highlander, but that I believe was not sold at the same time frame in Panama when the RX300 was available. Highlander came much later even to Mexico.

Some Camry parts are similar though not exact.

May want to take a look at this site,

t o y o d i y. com (just remove the spaces between the letters) and you can look up parts by both part number and be vehicle for both Toyota and Lexus vehicles.
Old 01-17-13, 12:11 PM
jimmyad
Driver School Candidate

Thanks,,My unknown friend,,,,I'm trying now,,,will advise you of my progress,,,
Old 01-22-13, 03:37 PM
jimmyad
Driver School Candidate

My 2000, RX300, has 180,000 miles, but it shows nearly new..no accidents and very little parking lot rash..the leather interior is in very good,no cracks or abrasions and in clean condition;;The A/C blows ice cold;;The Ole Gal is now under going ,,Tranny filter and fluid change,,quite nasty fluid now,so shes parked until I complete the drain filter and fluid change. was necessary to rebuild alternator,, and some bushing replacements are needed..She got four new tires and alignment cannot be completed until I change the two link assembly's..I have minor noises when driving,and hitting small bumps; sounds like shock bushings,,I live in Panama now,and finding parts is hard,and expensive to buy from the Lexus Dealer,,,Shipping from the U.S. is time consuming and terribly expensive,the trade-off as to buying locally and shipping is nearly equal due to import taxes and shipping costs..
Anyway I'm new to the site,and really would appreciate any input...advice and consul...I'm a rank amateur when it comes to wrenching,but I'm a quick study and don't mind getting dirty..

Last edited by jimmyad; 01-22-13 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-24-13, 06:12 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyad
My 2000, RX300, has 180,000 miles, but it shows nearly new..no accidents and very little parking lot rash..the leather interior is in very good,no cracks or abrasions and in clean condition;;The A/C blows ice cold;;The Ole Gal is now under going ,,Tranny filter and fluid change,,quite nasty fluid now,so shes parked until I complete the drain filter and fluid change. was necessary to rebuild alternator,, and some bushing replacements are needed..She got four new tires and alignment cannot be completed until I change the two link assembly's..I have minor noises when driving,and hitting small bumps; sounds like shock bushings,,I live in Panama now,and finding parts is hard,and expensive to buy from the Lexus Dealer,,,Shipping from the U.S. is time consuming and terribly expensive,the trade-off as to buying locally and shipping is nearly equal due to import taxes and shipping costs..
Anyway I'm new to the site,and really would appreciate any input...advice and consul...I'm a rank amateur when it comes to wrenching,but I'm a quick study and don't mind getting dirty..
I have to say that at least you do have a Lexus dealer that can get you parts. Lexus still is not in Mexico even though for years I heard of them coming , but the economy is such there that it is very difficult (a lot driven on credit rather than actual cash flow), even though Acura has been there for many years and Infiniti has been there even longer via Nissan, though only recently started as an independent unit with a fuller range. Still, despite much assistance from Toyota over the years, my uncle, cousins and I found ourselves doing the work on the vehicle.

If the trade off is such that the price is equal, I'd go through the dealer. That way if something is wrong, you'd have an easier time returning a piece, whereas it becomes a major PITA to return something back to the U.S. Even if you could find an independent parts person there, the price would probably not be that much different.